Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Brownsburg/Ben Davis

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

I honestly think Brownsburg has been the more consistent team which should account for something though I feel Ben Davis' ceiling is higher.  I JUST CANNOT pick Brownsburg to win this one, which is probably unfair to the kids on the current team.

They need to prove us all wrong and make a run... I am in the same boat... I WANT to pick them, I just can't 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

I'm picking the purple team!

Let's hope the weather is clear and there are no loud 'pops' in the area.

Well, first of all, your pick is solid.

Secondly, if you're referring to the WC/BD game, those were pranksters outside the stadium in the woods with fireworks and that loophole has now been closed by Wayne Twp. School Police. If you're coming in to the game, arrive early. There will be delays at the gate for the security lines. If you arrive at 6:45 pm for the 7:00 pm game, you may miss action. Gates open at 6 pm.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Well, first of all, your pick is solid.

Secondly, if you're referring to the WC/BD game, those were pranksters outside the stadium in the woods with fireworks and that loophole has now been closed by Wayne Twp. School Police. If you're coming in to the game, arrive early. There will be delays at the gate for the security lines. If you arrive at 6:45 pm for the 7:00 pm game, you may miss action. Gates open at 6 pm.

LOL, gotta love folks who blindly follow and don't question things..."pranksters"...

Many folks will likely keep their bullet proof vest in the closet and safely watch from the comfort of their home (assuming its on IHSAATV)...they've (not just BD) made it more difficult/inconvenient than ever to attend high school football games in person.

Its honestly sad.

Edited by temptation

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

LOL, gotta love folks who blindly follow and don't question things..."pranksters"...

Many folks will likely keep their bullet proof vest in the closet and safely watch from the comfort of their home (assuming its on IHSAATV)...they've (not just BD) made it more difficult/inconvenient than ever to attend high school football games in person.

Its honestly sad.

My comment was made in jest, but it is truly sad that anywhere you go you have to worry about something like this happening.  I applaud them making security changes to ensure that fans who want to attend in person can do so in a safe manner.  If it takes a little longer to get in, so be it.

I'd think more people stay home because of a threatening weather forecast than the threat of being harmed.

As for the game, I'd like to see Brownsburg get over the hump, but their recent tournament failures seem to always catch up to them.

• Like 1

The Giants win this one. The Giant defense is more than capable of limiting the Brownsburg offense. Allowing less than 50 rushing yards against IMG isn't accidental. I see the game being more of a dogfight than a shoot-out with two well-coached teams.  

On 10/24/2023 at 7:20 PM, FootballFan28 said:

Hopefully BD QB is healthy and ready to go. 

He's ready to Roll!!

• Like 1

Taking BD on this one as I'm sitting just on the edge of the lead pack in a pick 'em and need to start making my move and BD-Brownsburg is a place to make-up some ground picking against the expected.

4 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

I talked to the people who chased down the pranksters. It's what it was. But, you know...you do you.

Its worked so far.  The fact that you have now used the word "pranksters" twice tells me a lot, lol.

Edited by temptation