Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2023

Irishman

2 hours ago, temptation said:

"Michigan sucks...but we just extended an offer to their 4th string running back."

https://x.com/CapersStokes/status/1734343066692251795?s=20

Be truthful....were people stating the Michigan team sucks or stating their head coach was a two time cheater during the 2023 season?  Those aren't one in the same....can't blame the kids for the actions of their head coach and his assembled team....some who were let go this season.

12 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Be truthful....were people stating the Michigan team sucks or stating their head coach was a two time cheater during the 2023 season?  Those aren't one in the same....can't blame the kids for the actions of their head coach and his assembled team....some who were let go this season.

"People"?

We are talking about the new HC of the Hoosiers here.  Stay on topic.

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Pretty nice day for Cig and staf.

Got their starting QB in Kurtis Rourke from Ohio U, 2022 MAC player of the year. Also soph starting LT Carter Smith has withdrawn from the portal. Had serious NIL offers from Florida State and Ole Miss after visits this week.

Need good McCulley news next.

News may be coming quick 😉

6 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Seems to me I read that they have offered Cherry?

And speaking of CG, what's going on with Trayce Jackson-Davis?

Trayce? Or his brother Tayven? Haven’t heard anything negative about Trayce other than trying to carve out a role for the Warriors (should get some extended minutes with Draymond suspended indefinitely) unless something just happened? Tayven’s going to have to compete for a starting spot both this year and the years to follow. 

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Rumors of Tom Allen to PSU as DC.

I am seeing that quite a bit on X (formerly Twitter).  Does the IU payout still apply if he goes back to work immediately?  Was that part of the settlement following his termination at IU?

Edited by Bash Riprock

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I am seeing that quite a bit on X (formerly Twitter).  Does the IU payout still apply if he goes back to work immediately?  Was that part of the settlement following his termination at IU?

Yes. He negotiated a lower buyout on the premise IU drop the loss mitigation clause in his contract. Honestly a win-win for both parties. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I heard $15 million instead of $20 but could be wrong.

Yeah they negotiated it down from $21.8 million paid in monthly installments over the remainder of his contract life (4 years) that would have been offset by any future earnings to $15.5 million paid in two installments within a year. 

On 12/17/2023 at 9:13 AM, Footballking16 said:

Trayce? Or his brother Tayven? Haven’t heard anything negative about Trayce other than trying to carve out a role for the Warriors (should get some extended minutes with Draymond suspended indefinitely) unless something just happened? Tayven’s going to have to compete for a starting spot both this year and the years to follow. 

Of course I meant Tayven. Sorry for the mistake.  I'm surprised he's staying.  How ironic if Cherry commits and beats out his former HS classmate for the job.

15 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Of course I meant Tayven. Sorry for the mistake.  I'm surprised he's staying.  How ironic if Cherry commits and beats out his former HS classmate for the job.

He's going to have to compete if he wants to play at the B10 level. He's not there yet. I'm much more impressed with Cherry as a prospect coming out of high school than I was with Tayven. IU added a one year rental this year at QB so should be some healthy competition next in two years for the starting job assuming Tayven wants to battle. 

2 hours ago, ragdoll said:

If Tom Allen goes to Penn St as DC, that says he has a lot of drive to win now. Will he become a torturer of IU football just as Kevin Wilson was at Ohio State?

Tom Allen will have a much larger voice and subsequent impact at Penn State (one way or the other) as DC than Kevin Wilson did at Ohio State. Wilson was OC in name-only. Ryan Day has and continues to call plays at Ohio State and did so throughout Wilson's entire tenure.

21 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

He's going to have to compete if he wants to play at the B10 level. He's not there yet. I'm much more impressed with Cherry as a prospect coming out of high school than I was with Tayven. IU added a one year rental this year at QB so should be some healthy competition next in two years for the starting job assuming Tayven wants to battle. 

With Rourke, it would seem IU has their QB for next season with his one year of eligibility.  Gives Cherry a year to learn, acclimate and perhaps be in the hunt his soph season....but again, more talent will keep coming.  

My opinion (not worth a ton) is that Tayven and Tyler are very different QB's....I think Tayven could run a RPO better, where Tyler that big, strong, tall pocket passer...very accurate.  Will be interesting the type of offense Cignetti will run.  I assume he will adjust based on the attributes of his chosen starter.

I just saw the list of IU receivers...with transfers from Ohio, (Rourke's teammate) Texas Tech and Wake Forest, to go with their current receivers.  Looks like a pretty darn strong group, based on the transfers performance last season...all massed over 1000 yds receiving.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/indiana-football-lands-ohio-quarterback-kurtis-rourke-from-transfer-portal#:~:text=Former Ohio Bobcats quarterback Kurtis,American Conference (MAC) honors.