Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider vs North Side

11 hours ago, psaboy said:

Any chance this is a close game? Thinking Snider by 20-25, but is that too low?

There aren’t very many times that I want to see a non-competitive, blowout type of game, but this is one that I do. Can’t stand what North Side is doing and the complete lack of discipline and respect that they have shown, both to other teams and officials. Snider is really good about not running up the score, but I hope that for one week, they forget that and pound them

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

There aren’t very many times that I want to see a non-competitive, blowout type of game, but this is one that I do. Can’t stand what North Side is doing and the complete lack of discipline and respect that they have shown, both to other teams and officials. Snider is really good about not running up the score, but I hope that for one week, they forget that and pound them

I hope North Side rights the ship, they have a great fan base. There's talk of mega school powerhouse programs with great football teams and the fans barely show up. North Side is a small school of 1600 and they'll pack the house if you put a good product out there for them to see. 

4 hours ago, BTF said:

I hope North Side rights the ship, they have a great fan base. There's talk of mega school powerhouse programs with great football teams and the fans barely show up. North Side is a small school of 1600 and they'll pack the house if you put a good product out there for them to see. 

I am with you on this, several years ago I think it was Casey Kolkman who was the head coach and there was mutual respect between the programs and some great games. Recently, the sham show going on has ruined it. It starts with coaching. I know there are many officials on this site that could add to how bad it really is when they do their games, but they have refrained from doing so.  Kudos to them 

Edited by Komets2727
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

I am with you on this, several years ago I think it was Casey Kolkman who was the head coach and there was mutual respect between the programs and some great games. Recently, the sham show going on has ruined it. It starts with coaching. I know there are many officials on this site that could add to how bad it really is when they do their games, but they have refrained from doing so.  Kudos to them 

Unfortunately it’s not just a football issue. Their basketball program is equally undisciplined.

6 hours ago, BTF said:

1600? Tell me again how they are in the small school division of the SAC?

49 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

1600? Tell me again how they are in the small school division of the SAC?

Enrollment is actually 1513. Not sure why North Side and Dwenger were switched. Maybe Dwenger voluntarily bumped up? 

1 hour ago, MacAttack53 said:

Unfortunately it’s not just a football issue. Their basketball program is equally undisciplined.

I believe the name before her left for more money elsewhere was Shabaz Kaliq. That dude made sure all of his starters had a new car to drive, this was back when Keion Brooks was there. The whole athletic program is a disaster 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Second time I’ve seen this from someone.  I understand the lack of discipline part but respect for teams and officials?  What’s that all about?

40 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Throw the records out the window..North side will play their best game of the year against the panthers..undisciplined or not..they (n many others on this forum to say the least) have a true disdain for Snider..2 weeks to prep may allow a few more wrinkles..

Who all has "disdain" for Snider and why? I feel game will be a game that is close for first 2- 21/2 Q's Snider's depth should let them pull away late 3rd and 4th.

41 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Throw the records out the window..North side will play their best game of the year against the panthers..undisciplined or not..they (n many others on this forum to say the least) have a true disdain for Snider..2 weeks to prep may allow a few more wrinkles..

This is North Side's Super Bowl every season. I expect this to be closer than what some are saying. The chances of North winning are less than 5%, but they'll fight like hell. Snider can't sleep on this one. 

53 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Probably true, but there isn’t a coach in Fort Wayne that doesn’t want to see North Side get it handed to them

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

This is North Side's Super Bowl every season. I expect this to be closer than what some are saying. The chances of North winning are less than 5%, but they'll fight like hell. Snider can't sleep on this one. 

True, but this will be be a 49-13 laugher with a running clock in the end…

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Who all has "disdain" for Snider and why? I feel game will be a game that is close for first 2- 21/2 Q's Snider's depth should let them pull away late 3rd and 4th.

Not sure why there is disdain for Snider? Love to hear an explanation for that

Edited by Komets2727

2 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Probably true, but there isn’t a coach in Fort Wayne that doesn’t want to see North Side get it handed to them

True, but this will be be a 49-13 laugher with a running clock in the end…

If Snider brings their A game.

I believe another poster made the comment how it gave them gr8 joy when seeing Snider lose by just 1 point.  I've met others that aren't on the forum that admit to being a Snider "hater" simply because of their winning tradition. Not saying that we produce bad people..just end seasons and win games..a few parents who are former players will say outright "I can't stand Snider"..heck I work with a sparty grad who reminds me every week when he asks about the scores from around the area.  

22 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I have a feeling this may be the case...could see Snider put up 50+ this week and not slow down. 

1 hour ago, Justasportsfan said:

I believe another poster made the comment how it gave them gr8 joy when seeing Snider lose by just 1 point.  I've met others that aren't on the forum that admit to being a Snider "hater" simply because of their winning tradition. Not saying that we produce bad people..just end seasons and win games..a few parents who are former players will say outright "I can't stand Snider"..heck I work with a sparty grad who reminds me every week when he asks about the scores from around the area.  

Not sure how you could Hate a program as rich in tradition as Snider . A school that has always punched above it's weight against the states biggest schools . A hall of fame Coach , D1 and NFL players, very passionate fan base ,  the list goes on . And I'm talking about a 40 + year body of work that is very impressive . I think a better word would be Respect for the Snider program . 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Not sure how you could Hate a program as rich in tradition as Snider . A school that has always punched above it's weight against the states biggest schools . A hall of fame Coach , D1 and NFL players, very passionate fan base ,  the list goes on . And I'm talking about a 40 + year body of work that is very impressive . I think a better word would be Respect for the Snider program . 

Id hope it translates to respect..sometimes ppl love to hate certain teams..fighting irish..the cowboys..yankees..etc..not saying the panthers are on par with them..first thing my associate asked.."did Snider lose Friday?" 

12 hours ago, temptation said:

Second time I’ve seen this from someone.  I understand the lack of discipline part but respect for teams and officials?  What’s that all about?

I second this. The comments on your 5A thread from some Fort Wayne posters mirror what we're seeing in this thread. And if this boorish behavior is a result of a failure to meet their own expectations we could be in for a doozy on Friday night when reality sets in for North Side that Snider is going to beat them again.