Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A Regional Championship: East Central at Evansville Memorial

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1.2..3...

My Tigers packed it up two weeks ago, so now I cheer and follow EC!

Sorry Blue Tigers, you know me, your time has come and your season will end this week!

You got that Sectional which some wouldn't have predicted, including STC....so enjoy that, cause this week will be all EC!

STC Gambling "FAKE" Game

EC: - 28

Under/Over Total Points: - 49.5

Ringer TD's O/U: 3.5

Ringer Yards O/U: 237

Blue Tigers Total Yards O/U: 119.5

1 hour ago, StinkTownClown said:

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1.2..3...

My Tigers packed it up two weeks ago, so now I cheer and follow EC!

Sorry Blue Tigers, you know me, your time has come and your season will end this week!

You got that Sectional which some wouldn't have predicted, including STC....so enjoy that, cause this week will be all EC!

STC Gambling "FAKE" Game

EC: - 28

Under/Over Total Points: - 49.5

Ringer TD's O/U: 3.5

Ringer Yards O/U: 237

Blue Tigers Total Yards O/U: 119.5

Over

over 

over 

under. 

this game is a bigger mismatch than the 2017 blue tiger regional game.  

Edited by Screagle

6 hours ago, tango said:

Interesting note, Ev. Memorial (enrollment 556), is the smallest school still alive in the tournament with the exception of 1A teams, 2A teams and 3A Knox (553). 

Interesting note, ec loves beating up teams with half their enrollment!! In this case more than half!! Just ask most of their conference teams. Looks to me like memorial gets their turn to get a Bully beatdown on friday!! But if they pull it off and beat ec, then that would be real impressive!! Good luck!

• Haha 2

On 11/4/2023 at 7:36 AM, Bobref said:

How many people on here know who you’re talking about? How many people know what he’s referring to when he talks about “the Hun?” 🤣😂😅

My guess would be very few below the age of 50.  With age comes a few - very few - advantages.

6 hours ago, tango said:

Interesting note, Ev. Memorial (enrollment 556), is the smallest school still alive in the tournament with the exception of 1A teams, 2A teams and 3A Knox (553). 

A tribute to the culture Memorial has built over the past decade.  Sometimes out-manned, never out-classed.

Edited by MDAlum82

17 minutes ago, turf tripper said:

Interesting note, ec loves beating up teams with half their enrollment!! In this case more than half!! Just ask most of their conference teams. Looks to me like memorial gets their turn to get a Bully beatdown on friday!! But if they pull it off and beat ec, then that would be real impressive!! Good luck!

They also beat up on Moeller...

5 hours ago, turf tripper said:

Opponents enrollment is the number 1 criteria for EC scheduling.

• Haha 2
  • Disdain 1

13 hours ago, turf tripper said:

EC has played the conference schedule they’re required to play no?  Their non-conference schedule included Harrison (OH) Moeller, and Roncalli. Post season they’ve played who the ping pong balls said. I fail to see the point of this post. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

EC has played the conference schedule they’re required to play no?  Their non-conference schedule included Harrison (OH) Moeller, and Roncalli. Post season they’ve played who the ping pong balls said. I fail to see the point of this post. 

I may be wrong but I think in the EIAC you only have to play the teams in your half of the division. Which is in the big school side Ec, Franklin County, Lawrenceburg, Connersville. I know Ec had dropped Greensburg for a couple years and have not played Rushville for a while as well. 

1 hour ago, jw33 said:

I may be wrong but I think in the EIAC you only have to play the teams in your half of the division. Which is in the big school side Ec, Franklin County, Lawrenceburg, Connersville. I know Ec had dropped Greensburg for a couple years and have not played Rushville for a while as well. 

I believe they play Lawrenceburg every year which is typically the class of the conference besides EC, and they play Batesville which typically fills the roll when Lawrenceburg is off. EC isn’t dodging anyone, but they do have contractual obligation. 

7 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

They have 76 players on their roster if Maxpreps is correct. How could they possibly be out-manned?

That includes freshman. Without freshman the roster is about 55. By way of comparison, FJ Reitz has approximately 75 and East Central around 80. 

55 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Both teams put 11 on the field...they aren't out-manned

Yep, all you need is 11.... For the record I didn't say we were out-manned, I just pointed out the correct roster size and gave you a comparison to FJ Reitz and East Central. EC will be bigger, faster and stronger than us at every position (unless they still have the girl kicker), but we still plan to show up on Friday night. 

2 minutes ago, tango said:

Yep, all you need is 11.... For the record I didn't say we were out-manned, I just pointed out the correct roster size and gave you a comparison to FJ Reitz and East Central. EC will be bigger, faster and stronger than us at every position (unless they still have the girl kicker), but we still plan to show up on Friday night. 

I know you didn't, and I also know where the other guy was coming from. It just rubs me the wrong way when it got mentioned by someone earlier in the conversation that Memorial is playing in 4A with an enrollment smaller than most of the 3A's left in the tournament. Not a lot of other 3A schools left in the tournament, other than Chatard, has 55 players on their team and that is probably including freshman. I applaud Memorial for maintaining their success factor and staying up in 4A, where they belong in my opinion. Yes they are 3A school enrollment, but football enrollment they are 4A if you know what I mean. 55 non-freshman players...never experienced a practice with that many but I bet it'd be freakin awesome.

16 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I know you didn't, and I also know where the other guy was coming from. It just rubs me the wrong way when it got mentioned by someone earlier in the conversation that Memorial is playing in 4A with an enrollment smaller than most of the 3A's left in the tournament. Not a lot of other 3A schools left in the tournament, other than Chatard, has 55 players on their team and that is probably including freshman. I applaud Memorial for maintaining their success factor and staying up in 4A, where they belong in my opinion. Yes they are 3A school enrollment, but football enrollment they are 4A if you know what I mean. 55 non-freshman players...never experienced a practice with that many but I bet it'd be freakin awesome.

I mentioned the enrollment comparison earlier, so if I rubbed you the wrong way I apologize. LOL.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

They play who is on the schedule, kids can't change that. Kudos to the bulldogs, tigers, wildcats, knights, Spartans, and Greensburg again for taking years of ass whoopings, and coming back for more! Must be enjoyable 😉.  I'm basically just saying if you have over a hundred players on your roster and your opponents have 50, then you should probably beat their ass most of the time. Hey I'm all for ec winning another title though. Fun team to watch. Not many two- way players is also an advantage.  So with that being said,  go getem Trojans!!

59 minutes ago, turf tripper said:

They play who is on the schedule, kids can't change that. Kudos to the bulldogs, tigers, wildcats, knights, Spartans, and Greensburg again for taking years of ass whoopings, and coming back for more! Must be enjoyable 😉.  I'm basically just saying if you have over a hundred players on your roster and your opponents have 50, then you should probably beat their ass most of the time. Hey I'm all for ec winning another title though. Fun team to watch. Not many two- way players is also an advantage.  So with that being said,  go getem Trojans!!

Keep reaching for excuses... No way they've been successful due to kids working hard..

On 11/6/2023 at 10:04 AM, TigerFan20 said:

Massey Ratings:

East Central (-30) at Memorial, 96% chance of winning for the Trojans 

96/100 in anything involving teenagers playing a "game" is ridiculous statistically, especially for teams "in" the same class... Sagarin's ratings and my certainty algorithm puts it in the 80s.

Sagarin's Predictor:

East Central (97.18) is a 21-point favorite vs. Ev. Memorial (74.11) and has about a 83.43% chance of winning (2.01-point home-field advantage).

(for reference...)

Ben Davis (103.31) is a 27-point favorite vs. Ev. Memorial (74.11) and has about a 88.96% chance of winning.

Ben Davis (103.31) is a 41.5-point favorite vs. Ev. Mater Dei (59.66) and has about a 96.07% chance of winning.

2 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

96/100 in anything involving teenagers playing a "game"is ridiculous statistically, especially for teams "in" the same class... Sagarin's ratings and my certainty algorithm puts it in the 80s.

Sagarin's Predictor:

East Central (97.18) is a 21-point favorite vs. Ev. Memorial (74.11) and has about a 83.43% chance of winning (2.01-point home-field advantage).

(for reference...)

Ben Davis (103.31) is a 27-point favorite vs. Ev. Memorial (74.11) and has about a 88.96% chance of winning (2.01-point home-field advantage).

Ben Davis (103.31) is a 41.5-point favorite vs. Ev. Mater Dei (59.66) and has about a 96.07% chance of winning (2.01-point home-field advantage).

PROJECT A MATCHUP
[2023] East Central (St. Leon, IN) 35 (90%), [2023] Reitz [F. J.] (Evansville, IN) 14 (10%)