Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

LaVille at LCC

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Yeah I was at that game.  You could almost literally hear the wind go out of the Winamac crowd at that point.  I think there was also a Timmy Mills KO return for a TD in that one too. 

Kind of depends on whether you wanted to get smoked or beat to death.  Both squads had offensive weaponry, but those 2009-2012 LCC defenses just laid the lumber to everyone.  Had this picture that kind of summed up LCC's defenses of those years.  This was a post-season game up at Pioneer ... I think it was 2011.

image.png.5bf09eab337b3547f53dfb2fc4def959.png

Yes, 2011 would be correct for the picture because I was actually wrong. Danny's senior year was the 2011 football season, not the 2012 year.

4 hours ago, LCCAlum said:

Said by Laville Supporter during Laville’s first possession at the front gate. “These boys don’t know how to play big boy football”

image.jpeg.1bfc5cd1782a444f5c92877237933058.jpeg

Minding my own business.

I'm happy for LaVille that they reached Regionals but sometimes I wish fans would know what size schools their opponents play. 

West Lafayette, Guerin, Hamilton Heights and Western are four teams LCC played and are bigger than Knox and Glenn (two biggest LaVille played)

I do think LaVilles new conference will help with them adding Jimtown and my alma mater Tippecanoe Valley though. 

4 minutes ago, hondo17 said:

I'm happy for LaVille that they reached Regionals but sometimes I wish fans would know what size schools their opponents play. 

West Lafayette, Guerin, Hamilton Heights and Western are four teams LCC played and are bigger than Knox and Glenn (two biggest LaVille played)

I do think LaVilles new conference will help with them adding Jimtown and my alma mater Tippecanoe Valley though. 

think this is a bad take.  CC was just a better team and most knew it. Really don’t think the new conference will help LaVille that much.

West Lafayette played those same teams and Knox beat them without completing a pass. LaVille had a good season and had some big boys but didn’t have the athletes to compete with CC.

6 hours ago, littledog said:

think this is a bad take.  CC was just a better team and most knew it. Really don’t think the new conference will help LaVille that much.

West Lafayette played those same teams and Knox beat them without completing a pass. LaVille had a good season and had some big boys but didn’t have the athletes to compete with CC.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.  I was basically saying (in this instance) that I wish that LaVille fan would have realized that LCC has "played big boy" football.. playing the schedule and the teams they do makes them prepared for "big boy" football. 

What makes you think LaVilles new schedule won't help them that much? 

Valley is an upgrade compared to any HNAC school. Jimtown, Glenn and Bremen would compete against every HNAC team and would beat most. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hondo17 said:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.  I was basically saying (in this instance) that I wish that LaVille fan would have realized that LCC has "played big boy" football.. playing the schedule and the teams they do makes them prepared for "big boy" football. 

What makes you think LaVilles new schedule won't help them that much? 

Valley is an upgrade compared to any HNAC school. Jimtown, Glenn and Bremen would compete against every HNAC team and would beat most. 

Well....is what it is...ther always a bigger fish in the pond....The Blue Knights now get the SAC Co-Champ Red Knights on thier hm field...... dont look good... Dose it??

17 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Well....is what it is...ther always a bigger fish in the pond....The Blue Knights now get the SAC Co-Champ Red Knights on thier hm field...... dont look good... Dose it??

I could see the field somehow getting "muddy" by Friday even without it raining all week 😎 

18 hours ago, littledog said:

This was one game. 6-0 deep into third so Laville was never out of it. Yes their O struggled but LCC wasn't lighting up the scoreboard either.

Laville gave Knox better game than WL did and WL throttled LCC.  All kind of relative as one game isn’t always the tell all.  Good job by LCC and coach Nay to get it done in Regional. 

LaVille offense is/was awful. They need to diversify some to be effective. I’m not sure they are capable of tweaking their offensive scheme.

Obviously, you need to score points to win games and that offense vs LCC was not going to score. 

Also, hats off to #75 for LaVille. He’s one heckuva a player. High motor, big kid. Is he playing somewhere in college?

1 hour ago, RegionFBFan said:

LaVille offense is/was awful. They need to diversify some to be effective. I’m not sure they are capable of tweaking their offensive scheme.

Obviously, you need to score points to win games and that offense vs LCC was not going to score. 

Also, hats off to #75 for LaVille. He’s one heckuva a player. High motor, big kid. Is he playing somewhere in college?

75-Erik Bedock- yes, he has multiple D2-3 and NAIA offers spread between 5 states.  He hasn’t committed to one yet. Thanks for the nod.

Love,

His Mom

Thanks for the years of entertainment, Gridiron.  It’s been fun!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RingLeader said:

This was one game. 6-0 deep into third so Laville was never out of it. Yes their O struggled but LCC wasn't lighting up the scoreboard either.

Laville gave Knox better game than WL did and WL throttled LCC.  All kind of relative as one game isn’t always the tell all.  Good job by LCC and coach Nay to get it done in Regional. 

Interesting  game for sure.. the Lcc D bucked up n was the shinnig star..   LaVile for the most part took away the Lcc pass attack... after forcing some throws n 2 int's the QB fig it was better to take off....  something I've not seen him do much... the Lcc O then went to the run game with success... nice adj by Lcc giving em control of the game....

30 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

That would b one of the Biggest upsets in Lcc history... Luers is 11 time 2A Champs and SAC Co- Champs this yr! Can Lcc outthink n out execute em?  Tall order... but what else is new.... 

Been watching some LCC highlights.  I think the upset would be the other way around.