Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A & 6A Regional Finals do not disappoint.

Crown Point 34 - Penn 33

Westfield 24 - Hamilton Southeastern 21

Ben Davis 27 - Indianapolis Cathedral 24

Center Grove 14 - Warren Central 0

Merrillville 24 - Valparaiso 20

Fort Wayne Snider 19 - Mishawaka 18

I think it can be said that these games were what High School football should be. 

Congrats to each team that played in these games. You proved why you deserved to be in this game. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Crown Point 34 - Penn 33

Westfield 24 - Hamilton Southeastern 21

Ben Davis 27 - Indianapolis Cathedral 24

Center Grove 14 - Warren Central 0

Merrillville 24 - Valparaiso 20

Fort Wayne Snider 19 - Mishawaka 18

I think it can be said that these games were what High School football should be. 

Congrats to each team that played in these games. You proved why you deserved to be in this game. 

Great post. Two of those games were just a few minutes down the street from one another. Six of those game could have been easily reversed. 

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

I was flipping back and forth and it seemed as one ended the other was drawing to it’s thrilling conclusion.

Same thing last weekend!

Sometimes football can be exciting, other times it can be cruel. It was cruel for five of those teams last night. 

24 minutes ago, BTF said:

Sometimes football can be exciting, other times it can be cruel. It was cruel for five of those teams last night. 

Look, yes it sucks to get beat by 1....but, damn I was so happy that Penn fought back from down 14 twice...rather than roll over and die, like teams of past seasons.

CP is a good team, their D has issues in the pass game, as some folks mentioned in other threads. Penn left too many plays on the field, and they got beat. But, I am so proud of the Kingsmen last night. I wish we were playing Westfield next weekend....but I might make the trip to watch the Ben Davis v Center Grove game. That will be another great game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Look, yes it sucks to get beat by 1....but, damn I was so happy that Penn fought back from down 14 twice...rather than roll over and die, like teams of past seasons.

CP is a good team, their D has issues in the pass game, as some folks mentioned in other threads. Penn left too many plays on the field, and they got beat. But, I am so proud of the Kingsmen last night. I wish we were playing Westfield next weekend....but I might make the trip to watch the Ben Davis v Center Grove game. That will be another great game. 

Agreed. Multiple times I thought Crown Point was going to break the game open. The Kingsmen responded time after time with TD drives to get back in the game. 

Crown Point’s secondary looked like Swiss cheese last night, but credit to the Penn QB for making the throws. I thought he played a great game. 

55 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

And I hope the Irish faithful look back fondly on O’Neils final game as a QB in what seems like 7 seasons of football. That kid took a beating last night and fought to the final whistle. 

AMEN! Even watching a replay of his last play that was Intercepted. He put that ball in a good spot. TE just leaped a tad bit too early allowing it to sail over his fingers into 2 defenders. He gave it everything he had in that game and while being hurt never panicked.

I think lost in the mix of all these close games was that Decatur Central took Whiteland to the woodshed last night and made Whiteland go back to the bush twice to pick out a switch.  They are currently given the lowest percentage chance on Harrell's to make it out of semi-state, but they are a dangerous team flying under the radar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

The Snider @ Mishawaka game was everything you could ask for in a high school game. I was on the Snider sideline as that kid nailed the 45 yarder at the buzzer. Pandemonium!

What were your thoughts on the personal fouls? I believe there were about four. There was one on Snider as the players were leaving the field. Was that for celebration? The replay didn't show anything. And if Brandon Logan's baseball career doesn't pan out, I'm thinking he could try for Hollywood. Certainly you saw that one. 

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

What were your thoughts on the personal fouls? I believe there were about four. There was one on Snider as the players were leaving the field. Was that for celebration? The replay didn't show anything. And if Brandon Logan's baseball career doesn't pan out, I'm thinking he could try for Hollywood. Certainly you saw that one. 

I discussed each of those fouls with the crew in the postgame debrief. I thought the crew was spot on with all of them. As good an officiating performance as I’ve seen this year.

7 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I discussed each of those fouls with the crew in the postgame debrief. I thought the crew was spot on with all of them. As good an officiating performance as I’ve seen this year.

The first one on Snider. Was is celebration or something else?

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Agreed. Multiple times I thought Crown Point was going to break the game open. The Kingsmen responded time after time with TD drives to get back in the game. 

Crown Point’s secondary looked like Swiss cheese last night, but credit to the Penn QB for making the throws. I thought he played a great game. 

He threw for 370 yards last night....I cannot tell you the last time Penn has thrown for that much. 

When Crown Point blocked the game tying extra point...I knew any kick from that point were questionable. 

The only thing I might have done different is going for the endzone at the end of the game. I just felt that even though the odds of scoring were low, we had been so successful that drive, it just felt like the right option. 

But, Crown Point used their God given height to their advantage, and got a hand on the kick. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

The first one on Snider. Was is celebration or something else?

There were no unsportsmanlike conduct fouls on either team, which would include a foul for excessive celebration. There were several personal fouls, all of them for late hits, except one for an illegal block below the waist, and one for targeting.

Edited by Bobref

22 minutes ago, Bobref said:

There were no unsportsmanlike conduct fouls on either team, which would include a foul for excessive celebration. There were several personal fouls, all of them for late hits, except one for an illegal block below the waist, and one for targeting.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

When Crown Point blocked the game tying extra point...I knew any kick from that point were questionable. 

The only thing I might have done different is going for the endzone at the end of the game. I just felt that even though the odds of scoring were low, we had been so successful that drive, it just felt like the right option. 

But, Crown Point used their God given height to their advantage, and got a hand on the kick. 

Penn has had no kicker all year . If you look at a post of mine about a month ago , I mention Penn not having a good placekicker will hurt them deeper into the playoffs . 

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

I think special teams are a huge key to winning in post season. Mishawaka is fairly weak kicking FG's and XP's and that played into difference last night. Snider is usually has a good special teams and it should last night. 

That’s what’s odd, Penn usually always has a good kicker/special teams. 

3 hours ago, psaboy said:

I think special teams are a huge key to winning in post season. Mishawaka is fairly weak kicking FG's and XP's and that played into difference last night. Snider is usually has a good special teams and it should last night. 

Their kicker hit big kicks last night..one being from 37 yds out..ik he missed an xp n they went for two rather than attempting to tie yet mathematically speaking it made sense..his kick with under a min left was clutch..

20 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Their kicker hit big kicks last night..one being from 37 yds out..ik he missed an xp n they went for two rather than attempting to tie yet mathematically speaking it made sense..his kick with under a min left was clutch..

After he skulled that kick try, I was shocked when he drilled that field goal in the last minute to give them the lead.

• Like 1