Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chatard vs Knox Semi-state

12 hours ago, Lysander said:

Heh, heh, yeah, I did a double take when I saw they were the Knox  “Redskins”….my knee jerk reaction was to look over my shoulder for the DEI pronoun Reichsmarschall to put me in cuffs when I wrote their mascot name earlier.

Sad is the PC world we live in, isn't it?   Goshen H.S. (Go Redskins) got forced to guzzle the PC Kool-Aid a number of year ago,  nice to know the Knox community is still rightfully resisting it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

IPS wouldn't be the only choice. You have the Lawrence schools (Lawrence North and Lawrence Central) and North Central. Then you have the other p/p schools (Brebeuf Jesuit, Heritage Christian, Cathedral, Park Tudor). For the parochial elementary schools a little further North there is Carmel, Westfield, Noblesville, Fishers, and HSE to choose and Guerin Catholic.

I sometimes think some don't realize the amount of schools available around the North to Northeast side of Indianapolis

Distance from  Chatard to:

Park Tudor (9 min), Cathedral (10 min), Law Cent (12 Min), North Cent (12 Min), Heritage Christian (15 min), Carmel (16 min),  Law North (17 min), Brebeuf (21 min), Westfield (23 min), Fishers (25 min), HSE (27 min), Noblesville (31 min).

Certainly, and all of those schools had their pro’s and con’s. My wife and her brother both went to North Central (30 years ago). When we moved to Indy we moved into that school district (and my dtr was attending a NC middle school). Then a student was stabbed by another student in the HS hallways. Time to look for a new school before my daughter got to that danger zone. What was left was P/P if we wanted to raise the odds of that not happening to her (at least in our minds). We wanted something smaller (out goes Cathedral), not as expensive (goodbye Park Tudor & Brebeuf) and closer to where we were living (out goes HC and Guerin). Oh yeah, and the Chatard football coach shares a backyard fence with my brother in law. 

Not all choices in life are as simple as “let’s buy a ring for my kid”. Sometimes circumstances lead you home. At the end of the day there are far more important things than kids getting rings for playing a game that they love.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

You own two homes?  Elite.......

Yet it is one,  just the same.

You really are obtuse. When you come to Chatard on Friday have your mommy bring your big wheel. There is a great place for you to ride it back behind the scoreboard. You should probably leave the football discussions to the adults.

• Haha 1
  • Sit and spin 1

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

IPS wouldn't be the only choice.

That's not what Just a Dad said. He said IPS specifically. 

19 hours ago, Just a dad said:

The biggest assist to P/P enrollment in the Indy area is the absolutely trash safety and education our kids would get if they attended an IPS school.

45 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

Not all choices in life are as simple as “let’s buy a ring for my kid”. Sometimes circumstances lead you home. At the end of the day there are far more important things than kids getting rings for playing a game that they love.

That is why the "bought ring" comment is in itself absurd comparing schools in the inner city of Indianapolis to rural is night and day difference. Especially when the choice of schools in a small area are a lot different between inner city and rural. Plenty of kids within the Chatard 500 plus student body not on that 77 player roster for football. Lest they give out rings for drama club, chess club, model UN etc. these days. I doubt parents are sending their children to Kessler and Crittenden for an abundance of rings.

5 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

That's not what Just a Dad said. He said IPS specifically. 

He isn't incorrect. There is a reason there aren't many IPS schools left and it is all self inflicted by IPS. The IPS choices would be Arsenal Tech, KIPP Indy Legacy, Purdue Poly Broad Ripple, and Shortridge. Take athletics out of the equation and you would be making a wise decision choosing Bishop Chatard just for the academics and safety.

22 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I'd be remised not to mention again, how TV got absolutely short sticked by the 3a Tournament committee, those individuals threw them into a sectional for no good reason,  E/W or N/S. made no sense sending TV to that sectional.   

Knox vs TV would of been fun, but my $ would of been on TV then they could of played Chatard of SS however, I digress 

carry on 

Probably thought they were Catholic.

26 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

He isn't incorrect. There is a reason there aren't many IPS schools left and it is all self inflicted by IPS. The IPS choices would be Arsenal Tech, KIPP Indy Legacy, Purdue Poly Broad Ripple, and Shortridge. Take athletics out of the equation and you would be making a wise decision choosing Bishop Chatard just for the academics and safety.

While some has been self inflicted, other societal issues are put on schools that they were never meant to handle are a HUGE problem. You also cannot ignore what politicians in the Statehouse are doing that negatively impact schools that serve predominantly poor communities. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

While some has been self inflicted, other societal issues are put on schools that they were never meant to handle are a HUGE problem. You also cannot ignore what politicians in the Statehouse are doing that negatively impact schools that serve predominantly poor communities

Yes and I mean exactly that with self inflicted. Only by definition they are public school impacted by the government decisions. Although also IPS in general has had poor leadership as well. 

8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

While some has been self inflicted, other societal issues are put on schools that they were never meant to handle are a HUGE problem. 

Agreed.  For example what % of Chatard students, or any other p/p for matter,  are classified as ELL?  Economically disadvantaged?

Example here:  https://inview.doe.in.gov/schools/1011700997/population

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

You are new here, aren’t you? 🤣

What’s the line from that commercial? Oh yeah

That’s not how this works at all 🤣

Been around for years, but the bickering this year has been on another level. Or maybe I'm just getting old 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarshallCounty said:

Knox has had a great season, but it looks like the end of the line for them.  Next year should be interesting for them. Looking forward to seeing them play Tippy Valley, Jimtown, and Bremen along with LaVille and Glenn. They will bring back a lot of talent.

Wonder what their schedule will be

Tippecanoe Valley, LaVille, Glenn, Bremen, Jimtown and I know they are still playing North Judson. 

I believe LaVille is keeping most of their schedule. They kept Glenn, Bremen, Knox, North Judson and Triton.  Added Jimtown and Valley. I think Central Noble and Whiting are the other two. 

On 11/14/2023 at 1:35 PM, Muda69 said:

You obviously haven't walked the halls of your typical government high school recently, have you?     Your primary experience is with the automatons produced by the CYO football program.

You are wrong.  Most government school programs have tried and tried, over time, to emulate the P/P's and 99% of them fail.  The best they can hope for is that "once in a decade team", not reload year after year after year like the P/P's do.   Most P/P's just don't have the socioeconomic hurdles the governments schools face.

If your argument is "the school's haven't given us the opportunity" you lose the debate before it starts.  CYO is just an organization....like any community.   It's involved parents that make the difference and it takes years.   You're crying "poor me" because whatever community you're from hasn't done the same.   CYO doesn't provide anything except scheduling and organization.  It's not a government problem at all.  Yoi don't need government to have an involved community or  youth sports program.   Like I said...just a convenient excuse.  What Chatard has was built over 50 years.   It doesn't happen overnight and ultimately, you can be jealous and blame the government if you want to, but that's just a smoke screen.  Chatard has done it right for a long time.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

I am not close to the program but @Lysander can't keep secrets and on rare occasions our brain waves sync up (when we actually use them) or at least reminisce about the days of CJB and Ly gets a sugar high. I digress in honor of Lysander's utter appreciation for how the IHSAA handles things with infinite wisdom, he will be suggesting to Coach Doyle to take all non starters and those not on the two-deep and write them on ping pong balls and select the 2 unlucky contestants. Unless of course one of those unlucky contestants mother is on the list to wash the uniforms from the previous game, then a 3rd ping pong ball will be drawn.

Just had to go out and bring up "Coach Junction Boy" some of the newer posters can't handle learning about CJB. Careful with those Bit 'O Honey's we don't want too many dentist visits!

Well, I'm not currently allowed within 400 feet of the program since that unfortunate incident involving a Brebeuf fan and a donkey earlier in the year.

More seriously, it has been some years since my kids were in the program so everything I know is pretty much what everyone else knows outside of folks maybe sharing with me what they gleaned from the most recent QB Club gathering.  I'm guessing @Just a dad is much informed than I these days. 

You know, its damn hard to find Bit 'O Honey these days.  I generally have to get it direct shipped by the case.

2 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Well, I'm not currently allowed within 400 feet of the program since that unfortunate incident involving a Brebeuf fan and a donkey earlier in the year.

More seriously, it has been some years since my kids were in the program so everything I know is pretty much what everyone else knows outside of folks maybe sharing with me what they gleaned from the most recent QB Club gathering.  I'm guessing @Just a dad is much informed than I these days. 

You know, its damn hard to find Bit 'O Honey these days.  I generally have to get it direct shipped by the case.

Menards!

• Like 1