Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Merrillville @ FW Snider 5A North Semi-State

Well, having read the region sports board from the link above, some quotes are out there:

1. Merrillville’s defense is far superior to Snider - Wow, that is quite a statement. Not sure what games that poster watched of Snider, but the Panthers defense is pretty good. Must be the 11 D-1 starters on defense for the Pirates…

2. Snider hasn’t seen speed like Merrillville - Uh, Snider plays plenty of speed teams. FYI, Snider has plenty of speed as well…

3. The real state title game was Valpo vs. Merrillville - Let’s see how that plays out… Pretty damn sure Snider isn’t going to lay down against the Pirates and whoever comes out of the South is pretty damn good as well…

It is only Tuesday so let’s see what else is said from the Region…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Well, having read the region sports board from the link above, some quotes are out there:

1. Merrillville’s defense is far superior to Snider - Wow, that is quite a statement. Not sure what games that poster watched of Snider, but the Panthers defense is pretty good. Must be the 11 D-1 starters on defense for the Pirates…

2. Snider hasn’t seen speed like Merrillville - Uh, Snider plays plenty of speed teams. FYI, Snider has plenty of speed as well…

3. The real state title game was Valpo vs. Merrillville - Let’s see how that plays out… Pretty damn sure Snider isn’t going to lay down against the Pirates and whoever comes out of the South is pretty damn good as well…

You’re giving way too much attention to Parkhurst

43 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I liked the part where DACfanatic (Cody) predicted M-ville to beat Snider by the same score Snider beat them in 2012. Then says "head says" a Snider W. 

Gotta give the guy credit.  Covering his ass on both ends…

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rodney said:

I really like the part where  we just declare

That mville CP would have been a 3 point game if not for injuries

Saw this one on RSN about 10 minutes ago and it made me LOL for sure! I know the 'ville was banged up then but idk if the missing pieces close a 33 point gap by 26-30 points. As I said previously, Merrillville is much improved from early in the season but idk if they've closed the gap with the Bulldogs THAT much. Excited for the Snider matchup. 

As I look at Merrillville's schedule, I see the 10 win season but I also see that in those ten wins, their opponents combined for 42 wins themselves (Including Valpo last Fri.).   So in their wins, their opponents averaged just over 4 wins a piece.....I'm getting some eerily similar feelings as I had going into the Leo/Mississinewa game last week.....Merrillville could very well be smoke and mirrors, to an extent.  Snider will roll in this one.

5 minutes ago, NE8_Fan said:

As I look at Merrillville's schedule, I see the 10 win season but I also see that in those ten wins, their opponents combined for 42 wins themselves (Including Valpo last Fri.).   So in their wins, their opponents averaged just over 4 wins a piece.....I'm getting some eerily similar feelings as I had going into the Leo/Mississinewa game last week.....Merrillville could very well be smoke and mirrors, to an extent.  Snider will roll in this one.

I disagree. I would argue that the Duneland is just as good as the SAC this year, if not better. I think Merrillville is just as much battle tested as Snider is, probably equal in that department. This is a program that's averaged over 10 wins per season over the last 5 years. Pound for pound, they're right up there with anyone. If history repeats itself, this game will be close. And lets not forget they just beat Valpo, a very good football team themselves. I think this game is too close to call. 

8 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Loads of talent and they have improved a ton since beginning of the year especially offensive line.

The improvement factor is why you truly can't count them out. This is not the same Merrillville team from weeks 1-5 that struggled a little bit early on in conference play (bad loss to CP and had two not so great performances vs City and Portage). The O-Line improvement and development has been the biggest reason for their improved play IMO. Definitely think this one will be a good one. I'll be shocked if Merrillville gives up 38 in this one. 

4 minutes ago, CoachMack219 said:

The improvement factor is why you truly can't count them out. This is not the same Merrillville team from weeks 1-5 that struggled a little bit early on in conference play (bad loss to CP and had two not so great performances vs City and Portage). The O-Line improvement and development has been the biggest reason for their improved play IMO. Definitely think this one will be a good one. I'll be shocked if Merrillville gives up 38 in this one. 

I was thinking whoever scores 28 wins it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BTF said:

I was thinking whoever scores 28 wins it. 

That seems reasonable. I've made a few predictions on this one and they range in the 24-17 neighborhood. The closer we get to kickoff my Region heart says Merrillville 24-17 (or 21-17) but my head/ brain says Snider by either of those same scores. Really excited for this one. Merrillville's improvement throughout the year makes this one a fun watch, for me. 

17 minutes ago, CoachMack219 said:

That seems reasonable. I've made a few predictions on this one and they range in the 24-17 neighborhood. The closer we get to kickoff my Region heart says Merrillville 24-17 (or 21-17) but my head/ brain says Snider by either of those same scores. Really excited for this one. Merrillville's improvement throughout the year makes this one a fun watch, for me. 

Either way, the north will be well represented. Merrillville is hungry for their first state title birth since 1976. Snider's hungry to avenge last year's loss to the Duneland. The winner of this game will be a tough out next week. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 6:55 PM, Komets2727 said:

But does Merillville have city speed?

Snider wins in single digits.

28-0 Snider win, Panthers defense completely dominated this game. You could have played 8 quarters and Merrillville wasn’t scoring. Pirates defense was really good, but they got worn down by the middle of the 3rd quarter. For BTF, you really need to believe in your team brother. Merrillville’s offense wasn’t scoring on this defense unless they were given great field position, which they were with the muffed punt and they still didn’t score.

Snider offense was methodical and wore down the Pirates. Buchanan was quiet, but still had 3 TD’s and Billingsley was lethal on the QB options throughout the game.

Time to believe folks!!!

Edited by Komets2727

8 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

In my opinion, Merrillville has to keep it low scoring to win. Will not win in a shootout. 

Merrillville 21-17. 

Merrillville speed? One of their strengths, is team speed especially on defense. They fly to the ball. Not the biggest defense but fast and athletic. Front 4 are good.

Don't know my friend. I think Snider speed was way better. Billingsley speed smoked em, IMO