18. Lawrence North
  19. Carroll (Fort Wayne)
  20. Bloomington South
  21. Merrillville
  22. Valparaiso 
  23. Leo
  24. East Noble
  25. Indianapolis Lutheran

This forum is going to obliterate you for having the audacity to place Snider at #6 after winning "a watered down 5A." I'll say this, the Panther defense is THAT good. It would keep them competitive against anyone in the state. 

Good poll, thanks for sharing. I'd like to see Brownsburg in that #2 spot though. 

56 minutes ago, BTF said:

This forum is going to obliterate you for having the audacity to place Snider at #6 after winning "a watered down 5A." I'll say this, the Panther defense is THAT good. It would keep them competitive against anyone in the state. 

Good poll, thanks for sharing. I'd like to see Brownsburg in that #2 spot though. 

I would put Snider above Chatard & CG. I think Luers is overlooked, should be on list if Indy Lutheran is

Edited by psaboy

3 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I would put Snider above Chatard & CG. I think Luers is overlooked, should be on list if Indy Lutheran is

I like Luers, but I'm not sold on them being #25. Quite frankly, not sold on Lutheran either. I'd take New Haven in a head to head matchup with either team. It's a good looking poll though. 

25 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Chatard and Snider is probably a tossup. Calpreps has it 21-20 Chatard but that is basically even. Put them at a tie for 5. As long as you keep Cathedral below them both then I won’t complain. Ha ha ha

2 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

Chatard and Snider is probably a tossup. Calpreps has it 21-20 Chatard but that is basically even. Put them at a tie for 5. As long as you keep Cathedral below them both then I won’t complain. Ha ha ha

Lately everyone has been siting Calpreps and Massey's football polls. Why the belief that these are so accurate? Sagarin does a darn good job, but we've seen some flaws.

22 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lately everyone has been siting Calpreps and Massey's football polls. Why the belief that these are so accurate? Sagarin does a darn good job, but we've seen some flaws.

People love hypotheticals, and in a sport where you have over 400 teams, and only 15 games on the schedule, it’s the closest you can get on many occasions.

29 minutes ago, BTF said:

Sagarin’s biggest flaw is that it doesn’t factor in out-of-state opponents. As the top teams look for better regular season competition they are looking to play some cross border teams (BD vs IMG). Not including those games in the calculation is a huge flaw. That said, none of them are perfect but if one is excluding data then that is the one I tend to ignore. 

41 minutes ago, BTF said:

I prefer Calpreps just because it includes Out of State games. When you have teams like Gibson Southern or East Central - who bolster weak conference play with strong OOS competition I think it's important to consider.  But I really got hooked on Calpreps in the 2017-2021 era if you look at the abundance of out of state games played by Cathedral and Chatard. Almost half of their regular season schedule was OH or KY schools, which never factor into Sagarin. 

Here is my top 10:

1. Ben Davis, played the toughest schedule and swept them all

2. Snider, arguably the best defense in the state

3. Brownsburg, I believe this is the best team in the state, but you can’t blow an 18 point lead in the 4th quarter 

4. Center Grove, just a machine, year after year

5. East Central, a very good team, but outside a 4 loss Moeller team, who did they play? 

6. HSE, another really good team, enjoy watching them play 

7. Westfield, very solid team, potential, budding powerhouse 

8. Chatard, a very good team, but like EC, who did they play? 

9. Cathedral - always has a good team, they just seemed a player or two away from a 6A title this year

10. Crown Point, surprise team this year and earned their trip to LOS. Next step is to build on this

Lastly, thanks go out to Temptation for doing his polls. It is not an easy task and critiquing will always come, but it always stirs discussion and debates about high school football, which we all love

10 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Here is my top 10:

1. Ben Davis, played the toughest schedule and swept them all

2. Snider, arguably the best defense in the state

3. Brownsburg, I believe this is the best team in the state, but you can’t blow an 18 point lead in the 4th quarter 

4. Center Grove, just a machine, year after year

5. East Central, a very good team, but outside a 4 loss Moeller team, who did they play? 

6. HSE, another really good team, enjoy watching them play 

7. Westfield, very solid team, potential, budding powerhouse 

8. Chatard, a very good team, but like EC, who did they play? 

9. Cathedral - always has a good team, they just seemed a player or two away from a 6A title this year

10. Crown Point, surprise team this year and earned their trip to LOS. Next step is to build on this

Lastly, thanks go out to Temptation for doing his polls. It is not an easy task and critiquing will always come, but it always stirs discussion and debates about high school football, which we all love

C’mon.  Appreciate the kind words but I can’t unsee Snider at #2.

Edited by temptation

19 minutes ago, temptation said:

C’mon.  Appreciate the kind words but I can’t unsee Snider at #2.

That’s on you. I can’t unsee EC being 2nd in your poll and I’m not alone. Other than Crown Point and Chatard, the other 8 teams are all capable of beating up each on any given day

8 hours ago, psaboy said:

Why would you place Snider over CG?  CG and BD played to OT in the semistate...BD kicked a FG near end of regulation to force OT.  Are you saying Snider can play even with BD if you believe they should be ranked over CG?  CG's schedule was stacked full of very quality teams, many of them out of state.  Snider could have matched their record all season long?  

Just wanting to understand your rationale. 

4 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

That’s on you. I can’t unsee EC being 2nd in your poll and I’m not alone. Other than Crown Point and Chatard, the other 8 teams are all capable of beating up each on any given day

My #2 didn’t crap the bed against a mediocre Homestead squad.  They showed out every Friday night this fall.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

I agree… Sagarin has Snider at 16 !

That has updated... Snider now No. 9.

11 hours ago, BTF said:

Hilarious !!! You mean posters from Fort Wayne...

No. 6 is too high for me !

Edited by dazed and confused

55 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

That has updated... Snider now No. 9.

Hilarious !!! You mean posters from Fort Wayne...

No. 6 is too high for me !

You're obviously dazed and confused, I believe you misread my post. Thank you for your opinion though. 

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Why would you place Snider over CG?  CG and BD played to OT in the semistate...BD kicked a FG near end of regulation to force OT.  Are you saying Snider can play even with BD if you believe they should be ranked over CG?  CG's schedule was stacked full of very quality teams, many of them out of state.  Snider could have matched their record all season long?  

Just wanting to understand your rationale. 

Snider has a shut down D, so I thinking a Snider & CG matchup could go either way. I would take BD and Brownsburg over Snider. That is my rationale, since they don't play each other we will never know. The only common opponent we can look at is Warren Central, and we all know how those games turned out. 

4 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Snider has a shut down D, so I thinking a Snider & CG matchup could go either way. I would take BD and Brownsburg over Snider. That is my rationale, since they don't play each other we will never know. The only common opponent we can look at is Warren Central, and we all know how those games turned out. 

Don’t throw facts in this, doesn’t fit their narrative. Snider obliterated Warren at Warren yet several weeks later that same Warren team went to Ben Davis and lost on a last minute field goal

1 hour ago, temptation said:

My #2 didn’t crap the bed against a mediocre Homestead squad.  They showed out every Friday night this fall.

They played who again…

12 hours ago, BTF said:

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

You're obviously dazed and confused, I believe you misread my post. Thank you for your opinion though. 

I well may have... does obliterate mean "praise" ?