Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A State Championship: Northwood vs East Central

While Northwood is the 4A north sacrificial lamb there isn't another school in 4A that can hang with EC and that's been proven on the field all year. With that being said, if their is one school that can make this game interesting/intriguing it's Northwood. Having the talent they do from the wideout positions should be fun to watch in the controlled environment. No way they stop EC's offense to win this game, but if they hit a few plays and spread them out they might be able to score enough to make it a game for a little while. But I can also see EC jumping out to a big lead then the wheels just completely falling off for NW and it turning ugly. The most important play this game might be the coin-toss. If you are Northwood you want the ball first and try like hell to get the first score on the board, playing from behind won't work, too many obstacles to overcome both physical and mental. I think EC is the best team in the state this year regardless of class and would love to see them go against Ben Davis. Kudos to Northwood getting to Indy and but it's unfortunate that they just ran into a complete buzzsaw in LOS. 

8 hours ago, npcougar15 said:

I think EC is the best team in the state this year regardless of class and would love to see them go against Ben Davis. 

I don't think it's fair to give them that designation with the schedule they play. Sure, the Moeller game was an eye opener. But there's something to be said for the absolute grind that Ben Davis, Brownsburg, and Center Grove go through every year. I currently have East Central at #5. I hope East Central fans don't take that the wrong way as I think it's one hell of a compliment for a 4A program. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I don't think it's fair to give them that designation with the schedule they play. 

Such a weak take IMO.  So essentially it's impossible for a program outside of the MIC to be designated "best in the state". So outside of schedule, why else do you think EC is the 5th best team in the state and not ranked higher?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, npcougar15 said:

Such a weak take IMO.  So essentially it's impossible for a program outside of the MIC to be designated "best in the state". So outside of schedule, why else do you think EC is the 5th best team in the state and not ranked higher?

Why such a weak take? Fans were holding New Pal in the exact same regard back in 2015. I'm sorry, but playing a bunch of 3A and 4A teams, outside of a four loss Moeller team, doesn't propel East Central above Ben Davis, Center Grove, and Brownsburg. It's not gonna happen. You can "think" and "believe" all you want. But no one will ever know the answer. We'll just have to agree to disagree. 

Why do I think East Central is 5th? I'm using Rodney's patented "this team is better than that one" method. 

1. Ben Davis

2. Brownsburg

3. Center Grove

4. Crown Point

5. East Central

Not sure why I'm under attack here. Wow. I think that's a compliment to 4A East Central. 

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Why such a weak take? Fans were holding New Pal in the exact same regard back in 2015. I'm sorry, but playing a bunch of 3A and 4A teams, outside of a four loss Moeller team, doesn't propel East Central above Ben Davis, Center Grove, and Brownsburg. It's not gonna happen. You can "think" and "believe" all you want. But no one will ever know the answer. We'll just have to agree to disagree. 

Why do I think East Central is 5th? I'm using Rodney's patented "this team is better than that one" method. 

1. Ben Davis

2. Brownsburg

3. Center Grove

4. Crown Point

5. East Central

Not sure why I'm under attack here. Wow. I think that's a compliment to 4A East Central. 

Agree with you 100%!!! As great as East Central’s season has been, who have they beaten? They literally haven’t beaten anyone other than a 4 loss Moeller team. That schedule is creampuff like. Do I think they can compete with 6A teams? Absolutely. Do I believe they would have run the gauntlet that Ben Davis has ? No. Playing the BD schedule, they are 9-4 or 10-3 honestly. 

Edited by Komets2727

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That has now made the Final Four in Ohio Div. 1.

I'm not stupid Bob, I know Moeller is good. I honestly know nothing about Harrison (OH). But I do know every other team on their schedule is either 4A or 5A. Everyone else can dub them #1. I stand at #5. I'll say it now. If they beat Northwood by 42+, I'll bump them up. 

1 minute ago, Komets2727 said:

Agree with you 100%!!! As great as East Central’s season has been, who have they beaten? They literally haven’t beaten anyone other than a 4 loss Moeller team. That schedule is creampuff like. Do I think they can compete with 6A teams? Absolutely. Do I believe they would have run the gauntlet that Ben Davis has ? No. Playing the BD schedule, they are 9-4 or 10-3 honestly. 

You're braver than I am. That's why I like you Komets. 

18 minutes ago, BTF said:

1. Ben Davis

2. Brownsburg

3. Center Grove

4. Crown Point

5. East Central

East Central would beat Crown Point by 10+ IMO.

3 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

EC beats Moeller and people say Moeller wasn't trying.

Everyone praises New Pal and EC puts a running clock on them and now they're nobody.

Harrison(OH) wins 9 games and loses in regional semis and they're no good

EC running clocks 2 3a top team teams and now they're no good.

The mental gymnastics that some of you try to do is hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

I’ve got BD by 14+ 

Give me EC and the points. Theresa not a team in Indiana 2 scores better than them.