Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The p/p hegemony continues unabated

Muda. Muuuuuuda. Just jet setting around living the private school lyfeee. Just glad the we P/Ps can minimize and capitalize on all the poor Public schools. 

I just drove by Carmel's new indoor practice facility on my way down US-31, but I almost missed it because their 15,000 seat stadium clouded my view. 

Since Cathedral is getting evicted from our grass IPS rental (and substandard stadium by Center Grove's thermometer among others), we're searching for a new home field. Maybe Frankfort will host us?? 

In the meantime, we'll take any and all public players that want to play for the imperialistic private school. Free tuition and no academic standards for all incoming football players. 

On 12/24/2023 at 1:27 PM, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

Muda. Muuuuuuda. Just jet setting around living the private school lyfeee. Just glad the we P/Ps can minimize and capitalize on all the poor Public schools. 

I just drove by Carmel's new indoor practice facility on my way down US-31, but I almost missed it because their 15,000 seat stadium clouded my view. 

Since Cathedral is getting evicted from our grass IPS rental (and substandard stadium by Center Grove's thermometer among others), we're searching for a new home field. Maybe Frankfort will host us?? 

In the meantime, we'll take any and all public players that want to play for the imperialistic private school. Free tuition and no academic standards for all incoming football players. 

Call (765) 654-8545 and ask for FHS Athletic Director Mr. Niehaus. 

On 12/24/2023 at 1:27 PM, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

I know your joking, but that $9.5 million construction you see next to the stadium at Carmel is an indoor center for the band. They are also constructing a $43 million addition/renovation to the existing natatorium, so that they can continue to recruit the state's top girls swimmers. Lord knows, some other school may someday win the girls state swimming championship. Or perhaps hey are jealous of Westfield's new natatorium that opened two years ago.   :)

8 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

I know your joking, but that $9.5 million construction you see next to the stadium at Carmel is an indoor center for the band. They are also constructing a $43 million addition/renovation to the existing natatorium, so that they can continue to recruit the state's top girls swimmers. Lord knows, some other school may someday win the girls state swimming championship. Or perhaps hey are jealous of Westfield's new natatorium that opened two years ago.  🙂

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

12 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

I know your joking, but that $9.5 million construction you see next to the stadium at Carmel is an indoor center for the band. They are also constructing a $43 million addition/renovation to the existing natatorium, so that they can continue to recruit the state's top girls swimmers. Lord knows, some other school may someday win the girls state swimming championship. Or perhaps hey are jealous of Westfield's new natatorium that opened two years ago.  🙂

When Westfield is whining about Carmel amenities, one must really question the IHSAA P/P hegemony. You really don't have a pot to piss in, Miuuuuuuuuda. 

And, if you think the indoor Carmel practice facility is for the band, I'll be happy to give you a tutorial on the mental acuity of our current President or the strength of our Southern border and ironclad immigration policy. 

Poor Muda. He just wanted some equality for all the destitute public schools that got dealt a rotten hand. 

9 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

When Westfield is whining about Carmel amenities, one must really question the IHSAA P/P hegemony. You really don't have a pot to piss in, Miuuuuuuuuda. 

And, if you think the indoor Carmel practice facility is for the band, I'll be happy to give you a tutorial on the mental acuity of our current President or the strength of our Southern border and ironclad immigration policy. 

Poor Muda. He just wanted some equality for all the destitute public schools that got dealt a rotten hand. 

Do we have proof of recruiting going on in regards to the Carmel H.S. girl's swimming program?  Or is it just a matter "it's girl's swimming, who cares?"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Do we have proof of recruiting going on in regards to the Carmel H.S. girl's swimming program?  Or is it just a matter "it's girl's swimming, who cares?"

I don't think anybody gets their speedos in a wad over swimming. 

49 minutes ago, tango said:

I don't think anybody gets their speedos in a wad over swimming. 

I'm not sure there's enough material there for wadding.

• Haha 1

The p/p advantages go away at 4A enrollment numbers, for the most part, but definitely at 5A numbers.  That's when you finally get enough quality success-driven athletes in your hallways to overcome the ones who join a club of like-minded individuals in 1A-3A.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 1:35 PM, Titan32 said:

The p/p advantages go away at 4A enrollment numbers, for the most part, but definitely at 5A numbers.  That's when you finally get enough quality success-driven athletes in your hallways to overcome the ones who join a club of like-minded individuals in 1A-3A.

Or it could be you feel they way because there are no 5A and 6A private schools. 

Edited by CoachGallogly

20 hours ago, superjay said:

Frankfort’s new press box looks amazing!

IMG_1203.jpeg

Fake news.  No way FHS can afford a press box like that.    More than likely that is the design for the monied Tri-West's new press box..............................

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

There are 5A and 6A private schools. Stop saying dumb things, you're making p/p lovers on here look bad.

Cathedral is a 4A enrollment-level school bumped up to 6A because of the Success Factor, but I'm not aware on any p/p school with a true 5A or 6A enrollment.  

12 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Translation, please.

I believe it's a reference to school choice / vouchers.. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 12:35 PM, Titan32 said:

Not sure how this checks out when Cathedral, Roncalli, and Dwenger are some of the most successful programs in the state at these levels. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Not sure how this checks out when Cathedral, Roncalli, and Dwenger are some of the most successful programs in the state at these levels. 

But they aren't at those levels enrollment wise.  There comes a point that the P/P advantages disappear once a public has enough shear volume of heartbeats in the hallways....given they have all the things any school needs to be successful:  Feeder, Facilities, Admin, Coaching, Community, etc etc.  Said another way....I don't think publics have anything to complain about at 5A and 6A with regard to private advantages.  The only thing possibly left on the table is the ability to recruit, but that is a tough argument with open transfer. 

13 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

I am going purely off of memory here with no research, but I don't think Roncalli and Dwenger have had significant success at the 5A level, only Cathedral..

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

A quick look at John Harrell.....These three OWNED 4A as soon as IC and RC moved up from 3A in the mid 90's

Screenshot2024-01-03at11_39_51AM.thumb.png.2b5834ea401c5996ffd026bad8384db0.png