Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Travel Rule - Who Is Using It?

On 1/23/2024 at 12:00 PM, Slobberknocker said:

A big problem with these types of games is finding games for JV and freshmen to play. Week 1 Center Grove is playing St. Fances (MD) and then schedule Warren Central for JV and Freshmen. But when they play Fri Sep 20 against Trotwood - Madison HS they have open dates for freshmen and JV.  I think I remember last year one game CG Fresh played a small school JV to have a game.

If they weren't playing anyone in Indiana, which seems to be an issue, there would still be an issue for their JV and freshmen.

Harrison played all instate and inside of their old conference, but they had four JV games against opponents different than the varsity or cancelled. Freshman had at least five.

2 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

Fri Aug 23 St. Frances (MD)
Fri Aug 30 Carroll
Fri Sep 6 @Trinity (KY)
Fri Sep 13 @Ben Davis
Fri Sep 20 Trotwood - Madison HS
Fri Sep 27 Lawrence Central
Fri Oct 4 @Cathedral
Fri Oct 11 @Lawrence North
Fri Oct 18 Open

Too bad for Harrison, October 18 is the only date that Harrison shows an opponent for the upcoming season so far on Harrell's. 

On 1/23/2024 at 4:39 AM, temptation said:

This is dumb.  My opinion.

What about teams that can’t schedule competitive games? Anyone that has played knows playing uncompetitive games doesn’t help anyone.

Its ok to have a couple cake walk games but should players be subjected to 5 plus blow out games ?

3 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

What about teams that can’t schedule competitive games? Anyone that has played knows playing uncompetitive games doesn’t help anyone.

Its ok to have a couple cake walk games but should players be subjected to 5 plus blow out games ?

Poor analogy.  Gotta go 1800 miles to find competition when Chicago is 45 minutes away?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Poor analogy.  Gotta go 1800 miles to find competition when Chicago is 45 minutes away?

I hear there are maybe a couple of good teams down Indianapolis way, too. Crown Point might even have to face one of them in a state championship game if they ever happen to advance that far in the tournament.

9 hours ago, PDB26 said:

I hear there are maybe a couple of good teams down Indianapolis way, too. Crown Point might even have to face one of them in a state championship game if they ever happen to advance that far in the tournament.

This is a joke….right?

On 1/24/2024 at 4:16 PM, Slobberknocker said:

Fri Aug 30 Carroll
Fri Sep 6 @Trinity (KY)
Fri Sep 13 @Ben Davis
Fri Oct 4 @Cathedral
Fri Oct 18 Open

Wow.  A grind.

On 1/23/2024 at 12:00 PM, Slobberknocker said:

A big problem with these types of games is finding games for JV and freshmen to play. Week 1 Center Grove is playing St. Fances (MD) and then schedule Warren Central for JV and Freshmen. But when they play Fri Sep 20 against Trotwood - Madison HS they have open dates for freshmen and JV.  I think I remember last year one game CG Fresh played a small school JV to have a game.

Center Grove Freshmen should be competitive against a small school JV squad. I think this not only benefits your Freshmen but also that small school as well. A program like Center Grove has that pipeline humming, it is well oiled and producing solid class after solid class. Your Freshmen probably execute the base offense of the Varsity team better than most 6A JV squads. 

Not including teams from surrounding states, is there an increase in top programs wanting to play Indiana based schools? I think the AZ game vs CP is interesting, but how many schools are getting these type of requests to play National games? Center Grove and Ben Davis...

I don't see Bosco calling any Indiana school to set up a game. Maybe I am missing the point.

On 1/24/2024 at 3:16 PM, Slobberknocker said:

Fri Aug 30 Carroll
Fri Sep 6 @Trinity (KY)
Fri Sep 13 @Ben Davis
Fri Oct 4 @Cathedral
Fri Oct 18 Open

Center Grove final schedule 

image.thumb.png.4a5d2efe4e574a773a2bcf79fa822144.png

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Center Grove final schedule 

image.thumb.png.4a5d2efe4e574a773a2bcf79fa822144.png

I love it when one of our schools decides it wants to wear big boy pants all the time.

St. Frances is going to be interesting. They were “only” 5-6 last season. But their schedule included heavyweights like Buford (GA), Chaminade (FL), Mater Dei (CA), East St. Louis, (IL), St. John Bosco (CA), IMG (FL). A little road trip to Indianapolis is nothing for those guys.

• Like 1