Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Harbaugh’s Hands Caught in Cookie Jar

Bash Riprock

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

Ok, well his opinions suck and have for quite sometime.

When you have a platform, you also have a responsibility to have educated opinions…instead he digs his heels in and takes the most controversial stance possible while actually alienating himself and his employer from common sense.  This “antagonist view” gains clicks which is a high priority in modern day journalism.

Maybe I was too kind with my Fox/CNN/MSNBC take…the National Enquirer is more appropriate.

I'm sure Mr. Doyel would appreciate the feedback.   It looks like this opinion piece has a link to where you can leave your educated comment for him to peruse.

29 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I'm sure Mr. Doyel would appreciate the feedback.   It looks like this opinion piece has a link to where you can leave your educated comment for him to peruse.

Nope.  That’s what he wants and gives him actual legitimacy.

• Disdain 1

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Nope.  That’s what he wants and gives him actual legitimacy.

So you just bitch about him on an internet football forum. No actual legitimacy there.   Got it. 

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So you just bitch about him on an internet football forum. No actual legitimacy there.   Got it. 

When others bring him up and he is attempting to marginalize the accomplishments of my favorite program with limited evidence in order to get clicks?

Yes…I’m going to bitch about him.

I could name a half dozen posters on this forum that have more legitimacy than Doyel…I’d read them in a heartbeat.

Thank God for high school football. Still clean and pure compared to any other level of play. 

I think we fans, as much as anyone else affiliated with college football, have sold our souls to the devil in some way shape or form. I think we can all admit that college football has turned into an utter joke. Do whatever it takes to win, even if it's not legal. Where's Bob Knight when we need him? He would have made a great NCAA president. This isn't a slam on Harbaugh, it's a slam on the clown show that college football has become. 

Just a random thought before gearing up for another season of the Fighting Irish. Guilty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

When others bring him up and he is attempting to marginalize the accomplishments of my favorite program with limited evidence in order to get clicks?

Yes…I’m going to bitch about him.

I could name a half dozen posters on this forum that have more legitimacy than Doyel…I’d read them in a heartbeat.

I don't see limited evidence.  If this evidence was so 'limited' why was Mr. Harbaugh banned from the sideline for 6 games this season?

Please, I would like to read this list of posters, and exactly why they more legitimacy regarding college football than Mr. Doyel.

11 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I don't see limited evidence.  If this evidence was so 'limited' why was Mr. Harbaugh banned from the sideline for 6 games this season?

Please, I would like to read this list of posters, and exactly why they more legitimacy regarding college football than Mr. Doyel.

You are wasting your breath Muda...of course he broke rules...not once, but twice.  His own university that initially all but threatened to leave the Big 10 over the second allegation, immediately rolled over on him, shut their mouths and accepted the Big 10 punishment.  But recognize who you are debating with...In his eyes, Harbaugh has and will always be the victim, and no amount of facts will change it.

Now, where I do agree with Temp is about Doyel....he is a huge disappointment as a journalist.  Sadly the Star and Gannett pay him to be nothing more than a $hit stirrer. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:

Now, where I do agree with Temp is about Doyel....he is a huge disappointment as a journalist.  Sadly the Star and Gannett pay him to be nothing more than a $hit stirrer. 

And in his current role at the Indy Star he is not a journalist.  Shit stirrer's bring hits/views, and advertising dollars. 

Just now, Muda69 said:

And in his current role at the Indy Star he is not a journalist.  Shit stirrer's bring hits/views, and advertising dollars. 

I understand his role...but he was first a journalist and one would hope there would be an ounce of integrity.  

This has also lost the STAR some business as well....I am hounded via email, social media, etc. for some pretty cheap subscription offers....I won't go back until he is gone.  I don't miss it one bit.  Too many news options

1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:

I understand his role...but he was first a journalist and one would hope there would be an ounce of integrity.  

This has also lost the STAR some business as well....I am hounded via email, social media, etc. for some pretty cheap subscription offers....I won't go back until he is gone.  I don't miss it one bit.  Too many news options

Oh well.  Your loss.

5 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Ya see, when someone is continually wrong (see Doyel’s examples above, and I could cite more) they lose legitimacy in my opinion.  That’s how this works.  He has skin in the game as his paycheck is impacted by being controversial…and it’s not just him as this is modern day media as every network engages in this behavior.

I’d watch a podcast of DT, Bash and Bob on the regular…even though we have our differences in opinion, they don’t thrive on hyperbole and ratings.

As for “limited evidence” @Grover cherry picked a quote from JJ McCarthy which was a small portion of the article.

Michigan had top 5 defenses in the country under Don Brown in 2018 and 2019…and gave up 118 points in two contests against Ohio State….makes ya think.

I bet I can predict @temptation’s response: “Paul Finebaum is sports talk radio’s Gregg Doyel.” 😂

Paul Finebaum Makes SHOCKING Declaration On The Future Of Jim Harbaugh … Will He Stay Or Go??

Appearing on ESPN’s “Get Up,” Paul Finebaum made a bold statement about Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh’s future. 

Finebaum confidently declared that Monday’s national championship game would mark the end of Harbaugh’s coaching tenure in Ann Arbor, win or lose.

Finebaum anchored his prediction on the uncertainty surrounding Michigan’s football program, citing the looming possibility of further NCAA disciplinary actions.

“He’s already accomplished what he set out to do, and that’s make Michigan relevant again,” Finebaum said. “Three straight [College Football] Playoff appearances and a national title game is relevant.”

“But that’s not the real reason. He’s got the NCAA around the corner, and people are saying, ‘Hasn’t the NCAA already been there?’ Yeah, we know the narrative,” he added.

Harbaugh is expected to be at the top of several NFL owner’s wish lists … He also recently hired noted agent Don Yee, who has represented the likes of Tom Brady and Sean Payton.

As Adam Schefter of ESPN noted, you don’t hire Don Yee to negotiate a contract extension at Michigan … In other words, Harbaugh to the NFL seems more likely than ever. 

“It’s pretty simple. If you have a shot at four NFL franchises and they’re coveting you, and on the other hand, you’re facing the NCAA after you’ve already accomplished pretty much everything you’ve set out to do, it’s a very easy answer. He is leaving Michigan after next Monday night,” Finebaum said. 

When asked about his future following Michigan’s dramatic Rose Bowl win over Alabama, Harbaugh said: “My future consists of a happy flight back to Ann Arbor, Michigan.”

One thing is for absolute certainty – If Monday is indeed Harbaugh’s last game at Michigan, he sure as hell wants to make sure he goes out with a win. 

What do you think will end up happening?

Will Harbaugh stay with the Wolverines?

Will he leave for the NFL?

Or will he use the NFL for leverage, flirt with as many teams as he can, and then come back to sign a massive contract extension in Ann Arbor???

https://fanrumor.com/paul-finebaum-makes-shocking-declaration-on-the-future-of-jim-harbaugh-will-he-stay-or-go/?e_md5=1e02225af49ad0be3120865555561d90&e_sha1=051978e291985cdd0ec9cc258f98f6b089562c64&e_sha256=b74005a06302105d83296b1fdb7837512e942f838ae65e46623a3cef23245cbc

15 hours ago, temptation said:

FTA:

1. Former-Michigan staffer Connor Stalions ran a brazen advanced scouting operation that violated NCAA rules (certainly in spirit) in an effort to gain the Wolverines an unfair edge in competition. Michigan should be punished for that violation.

2. The reaction to the scandal was way over the top and greatly overstated the actual advantage gained by sending people to record opposing signals from the stands.

But there was still an unfair advantage gained, was there not?  You and others are just trying to throw shades of grey on a black and white issue:  did they cheat or not?  The answer is pretty clear.

10 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

FTA:

But there was still an unfair advantage gained, was there not?  You and others are just trying to throw shades of grey on a black and white issue:  did they cheat or not?  The answer is pretty clear.

I’ve been clear through this entire process that they “cheated”.  I’ve never debated that issue.

However, the results speak for themselves at this point as it pertains to the level of advantage they had…hell there are way more egregious acts quoted in that article you just read.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I bet I can predict @temptation’s response: “Paul Finebaum is sports talk radio’s Gregg Doyel.” 😂

Paul Finebaum Makes SHOCKING Declaration On The Future Of Jim Harbaugh … Will He Stay Or Go??

Appearing on ESPN’s “Get Up,” Paul Finebaum made a bold statement about Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh’s future. 

Finebaum confidently declared that Monday’s national championship game would mark the end of Harbaugh’s coaching tenure in Ann Arbor, win or lose.

Finebaum anchored his prediction on the uncertainty surrounding Michigan’s football program, citing the looming possibility of further NCAA disciplinary actions.

“He’s already accomplished what he set out to do, and that’s make Michigan relevant again,” Finebaum said. “Three straight [College Football] Playoff appearances and a national title game is relevant.”

“But that’s not the real reason. He’s got the NCAA around the corner, and people are saying, ‘Hasn’t the NCAA already been there?’ Yeah, we know the narrative,” he added.

Harbaugh is expected to be at the top of several NFL owner’s wish lists … He also recently hired noted agent Don Yee, who has represented the likes of Tom Brady and Sean Payton.

As Adam Schefter of ESPN noted, you don’t hire Don Yee to negotiate a contract extension at Michigan … In other words, Harbaugh to the NFL seems more likely than ever. 

“It’s pretty simple. If you have a shot at four NFL franchises and they’re coveting you, and on the other hand, you’re facing the NCAA after you’ve already accomplished pretty much everything you’ve set out to do, it’s a very easy answer. He is leaving Michigan after next Monday night,” Finebaum said. 

When asked about his future following Michigan’s dramatic Rose Bowl win over Alabama, Harbaugh said: “My future consists of a happy flight back to Ann Arbor, Michigan.”

One thing is for absolute certainty – If Monday is indeed Harbaugh’s last game at Michigan, he sure as hell wants to make sure he goes out with a win. 

What do you think will end up happening?

Will Harbaugh stay with the Wolverines?

Will he leave for the NFL?

Or will he use the NFL for leverage, flirt with as many teams as he can, and then come back to sign a massive contract extension in Ann Arbor???

https://fanrumor.com/paul-finebaum-makes-shocking-declaration-on-the-future-of-jim-harbaugh-will-he-stay-or-go/?e_md5=1e02225af49ad0be3120865555561d90&e_sha1=051978e291985cdd0ec9cc258f98f6b089562c64&e_sha256=b74005a06302105d83296b1fdb7837512e942f838ae65e46623a3cef23245cbc

Eventually he’ll be right.  Gotta respect him continuing to leave the on deck circle and walk to the plate.

I still remember the Michigan plane being in route from California to Ann Arbor in 2015…Harbaugh was on it…pen in hand, Michigan pin on his sport jacket, heading to Schembechler Hall upon landing for his introductory press conference where he was going to be named Michigan’s next head coach…

10 minutes later, ESPN had Schefter (a Michigan grad by the way) on SportsCenter citing “Oakland is still in play…do not count out the Raiders.”

Point being, no one nationally knows Harbaugh’s future, hell his wife may not.

Doesn’t stop them though.

Edited by temptation

On 1/4/2024 at 8:57 AM, temptation said:

Coach Nowlin Appreciates the kind words about him!!  🙂

Just caught up from a few weeks off, here,  couple of things I will add.

1.  What a bummer to come on thread and not see a single darn post about what an OUTSTANDING Playoff game that Alabama and Michigan had.  It was what a college semi final game should look like, 2 giants going toe to toe with Michigan making a few more plays to pull it out....  THAT is what I was hoping to see at least a handful of comments....but I digress...

2.  I can confidently say that anyone who has posted in this thread has never sat in a room with Nick Saban, I have, it was UNBELIEVABLE, say for 90 mins in a clinic in Mt. Pleasant Michigan, this was when he was at LSU, I came away saying, I SEE why he is so successful, WOW,  I literally have every single note I took from that clinic still in my "football folder".   To discount his success is silly.   

48 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Coach Nowlin Appreciates the kind words about him!!  🙂

Just caught up from a few weeks off, here,  couple of things I will add.

1.  What a bummer to come on thread and not see a single darn post about what an OUTSTANDING Playoff game that Alabama and Michigan had.  It was what a college semi final game should look like, 2 giants going toe to toe with Michigan making a few more plays to pull it out....  THAT is what I was hoping to see at least a handful of comments....but I digress...

2.  I can confidently say that anyone who has posted in this thread has never sat in a room with Nick Saban, I have, it was UNBELIEVABLE, say for 90 mins in a clinic in Mt. Pleasant Michigan, this was when he was at LSU, I came away saying, I SEE why he is so successful, WOW,  I literally have every single note I took from that clinic still in my "football folder".   To discount his success is silly.   

To be fair the games are discussed in the other thread…this thread is simply the assassination of Michigan’s accomplishments from folks with an axe to grind.

For the record, this thread is 19 pages long and @Bash Riprock declared himself “done going down this rabbit hole” on page 10.

Thats telling.

yea, saw those other threads after I posted, so it goes.   

Win or Lose Monday, I think Coach Harbaugh is heading to the NFL, rightfully so, where he belongs after he did what he set out to do.  That I can applaud, not a big Michigan guy per se, but Jim Harbaugh is an OUTSTANDING leader and Coach and yes has made mistakes, some may have that be a deal breaker for them, I get that too, but I am able to look past a lot of the noise and just see the coaching product, with coach lens, vs all the other talking head blah blah tv stuff

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

yea, saw those other threads after I posted, so it goes.   

Win or Lose Monday, I think Coach Harbaugh is heading to the NFL, rightfully so, where he belongs after he did what he set out to do.  That I can applaud, not a big Michigan guy per se, but Jim Harbaugh is an OUTSTANDING leader and Coach and yes has made mistakes, some may have that be a deal breaker for them, I get that too, but I am able to look past a lot of the noise and just see the coaching product, with coach lens, vs all the other talking head blah blah tv stuff

A level headed take but “where he belongs” gave me pause.