Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2024

7 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

The 3A "gauntlet" sectional - Heritage Hills, Memorial, Gibson Southern, Mater Dei, Southridge, Vincennes, Mt. Vernon, Princeton

Every loves Sectional 32….I mean Sectional 30 now. Would be nice if they switched back over to S32, but I doubt it

• 2 weeks later...

Just helping to bridge the gap, as we eagerly await the next football season. Here is an early look at some of the top players each team has returning. 

5 Key Returning Players For Each Team (ordered by final standings)

Reitz

QB Ben Davies (c/o '25)

LB/FB AJ Coates (c/o '26)

DT Will Friday (c/o '26)

DB/WR Xavier Burris (c/o '25)

DB/WR Nehemiah Madison (c/o '25)

Memorial

QB/P Matthew Fisher (c/o '25)

WR/RB/QB Luke Ellspermann (c/o '25)

LB Alex Broshears (c/o '25)

RB Dylen Kendrick (c/o '26)

WR Simon Schulz (c/o '25)

North

RB/KR Jason Rucker (c/o '25)

RB Avier Mitchell (c/o '25)

OL Ben Brasher (c/o '25)

OL Brady Reeves (c/o '25)

WR James Mercer (c/o '25)

Vincennes

WR/QB/K Luke Lindsey (c/o '25)

LB Will Hambrick (c/o '25)

RB BB McCrary (c/o '25)

LB Blake Green (c/o '25)

DE/RB Mac McCormick (c/o '26)

Jasper

QB Max Bueltel (c/o '26)

DB/WR Caden Erny (c/o '25)

FB/LB Eliot Smith (c/o '26)

TE/WR Luke Heichelbech (c/o '25)

RB Ross Dawkins (c/o '26)

Castle

RB Max McCool (c/o '25)

LB Gavin Leach (c/o  '25)

DE Benny Patterson (c/o '25)

DT Ethan Herman (c/o '26)

WR Jersey Wells (c/o '25)

Bosse

WR Tizhaun Tomlinson (c/o '25)

RB Antonio Floyd Jr. (c/o '25)

DE Darion Fellows Jr. (c/o '25)

TE/DB Landon Lloyd (c/o '25)

OL/DL Jadrion Griffin (c/o '25)

Mater Dei

QB Tate Mallory (c/o '26)

RB Ethan Stofleth (c/o '25)

WR/DB Nolan Schickel (c/o '26)

OL/LB Nate McDurmon (c/o '25)

LB Noah Simmons (c/o '25)

Harrison

QB/FS Deshawndre Brown (c/o '25)

WR/DB Kordavion Reed (c/o '25)

LB/FB Jalen Sutton (c/o '25)

TE Brooks Thomas (c/o '25)

WR/DB Xavier Brooks (c/o '25)

Central

QB Hunter Broshears (c/o '26)

WR/DB Elijah Pendleton (c/o '26)

RB Devon DeJarnette (c/o '26)

WR/DB Nate Cano (c/o '25)

WR Kenyon Peoples (c/o '25)

4 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Castle

RB Max McCool (c/o '25)

LB Gavin Leach (c/o  '25)

DE Benny Patterson (c/o '25)

DT Ethan Herman (c/o '26)

WR Jersey Wells (c/o '25)

The more I look at their roster and who will be returning - along with a definite QB1 under center - I think Castle will be extremely tough next year. 

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

The more I look at their roster and who will be returning - along with a definite QB1 under center - I think Castle will be extremely tough next year. 

Definitely will be in my Top 3 predictions, I believe that Soph QB they have could be QB1. 

Edited by TigerFan20

Interesting note... MD's Mike Goebel was named NFHS 2022-2023 Football Coach of the Year. Memorial's Angie Lensing received the same COY award for girls soccer. These are national awards, so its pretty impressive for Evansville's Catholic high schools to have 2 winners in the same year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tango said:

These are national awards, so its pretty impressive for Evansville's Catholic high schools to have 2 winners in the same year.

Two national awards are easy for Catholic schools.  That's effectively 3.5 national awards at a public school. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Two national awards are easy for Catholic schools.  That's effectively 3.5 national awards at a public school. 

You beat me to it!!!  At least one of you gets it!

On 1/24/2024 at 3:59 PM, oldtimeqb said:

Returning talent has rarely been an adequate barometer for the good folks in Paradise and how they will finish in the  SIAC IMHO.

<><

Edited by Stickfish

12 hours ago, Stickfish said:

Returning talent has rarely been an adequate barometer for the good folks in Paradise and how they will finish in the  SIAC IMHO.

<><

I was going to say something along the lines of this. I don't expect much more than usual unless certain changes are made. And replacing a weapon like Harris will be a much bigger challenge than some may think. I think their running game will be fine with McCool back as long as he stays healthy and their front 7 on defense should be really solid. The QB spot could be a wildcard as a new guy will step into the spotlight, so we will just have to see how he adjusts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Castle’s DL Patterson and LB Leach both received scholarship offers from NIU today

Nice! Those two are pretty darn good anchors to return on a defense. Hadn't heard much recruiting news (offers/commits) lately so that's good to hear.

14 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

$16 million repairs are heading towards to the Reitz Bowl and Enlow Field for remediation 

Is there any detailed info on the scope of the work to be performed? The only thing I saw in a newspaper blurb was there was an issue with the concrete coatings that were applied a couple of years ago. I hope the Enlow turf is getting replaced as it has been 15 seasons. I suspect it will be because the turf at Reitz and Central was replaced in recent years. Did EVSC ever do anything about the lighting at Bowl? I was out of town for our game at the Bowl this year..

I wish it were possible to restore the interior areas of Enlow accessible from the top of the home grandstand. They have been gated off for decades. 

10 hours ago, tango said:

Is there any detailed info on the scope of the work to be performed? The only thing I saw in a newspaper blurb was there was an issue with the concrete coatings that were applied a couple of years ago. I hope the Enlow turf is getting replaced as it has been 15 seasons. I suspect it will be because the turf at Reitz and Central was replaced in recent years. Did EVSC ever do anything about the lighting at Bowl? I was out of town for our game at the Bowl this year..

I wish it were possible to restore the interior areas of Enlow accessible from the top of the home grandstand. They have been gated off for decades. 

All I know it’s a paint issue, but there has to more to this. 

21 hours ago, tango said:

The lights at the bowl still suck

• Haha 2

On 1/30/2024 at 8:56 PM, TigerFan20 said:

All I know it’s a paint issue, but there has to more to this. 

New turf for Enlow,Castle, Boonville, paint for Enlow and Reitz. I’m willing to bet Enlow gets done last. No home games for Bosse or Memorial first half of the season. Similar to a few years ago. I hate that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2024 at 6:02 PM, Evansville50 said:

I’m willing to bet Enlow gets done last. No home games for Bosse or Memorial first half of the season. Similar to a few years ago. I hate that. 

I imagine the rationale might be that the EVSC would lose more in gate receipts if Reitz was forced to host home games away from the Bowl versus the loss when Bosse hosts away from Enlow. Big difference in number of fans between those 2 schools. It kinda stinks for Memorial, but we don't really have any say (and shouldn't because we are just tenants). Our 2024 schedule is similar to 2020 (the last Enlow project) in that we only have 1 home game in the first 5 weeks anyway so it won't be much of an issue.  

3 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Will be interesting to see the sectional realignments later this week

Have faith. The IHSAA is going to fix the screwy 3A South assignments and restore Sectional 32!