Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Super Bowl LVIII

Bobref

11 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Nothing better than seeing a celebrity GF of a player jumping up and down every time her BF catches a 7 yd pass.....

I've been watching the NFL for a long time....not seen anything quite like this......

But hey, this won't last forever....glad that jackwagon is 34 years old....

Viva Las Vegas baby!

Highest rated sporting event ever...objective achieved.

6 hours ago, temptation said:

How many times did they show the other celebrities in the crowd and how many of them were allowed on the field for the postgame celebration?

Hell, how many of the players n’ SPOUSES were permitted on the field during the trophy presentation?

Lets just call this what it is…

don't know, dont' care, literally has ZERO impact on the production and on field sporting event.   

I pretty sure I saw Pat Mahomes holding a child on the stage receiving a trophy......wonder how a 3 year old got into his hands.  Impressive stuff.   

Here is one from PRE TAYLOR SWIFT, as in LAST YEAR

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/american-sports/super-bowl-wags-meet-chiefs-29186200

Literally EVERY SINGLE SUPER BOWL has had some sort of celebrity factor

But yes, lets have selective outrage because Taylor Swift has a boyfriend who is really good at playing football on back 2 back super bowl winning teams.  Yes, thats the ticket of rage 

🙂

We all mad that Paul Rudd was on the field for the celebration?   

https://people.com/super-bowl-2024-celebrities-in-the-stands-2024-8575768

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Literally EVERY SINGLE SUPER BOWL has had some sort of celebrity factor

But yes, lets have selective outrage because Taylor Swift has a boyfriend who is really good at playing football on back 2 back super bowl winning teams.  Yes, thats the ticket of rage 

🙂

We all mad that Paul Rudd was on the field for the celebration?   

https://people.com/super-bowl-2024-celebrities-in-the-stands-2024-8575768

Hey, I am not raged...I just called it out for what it is.

A publicity stunt intended to increase ratings.

Edited by temptation

odds at less than 50%?>. what does that even mean?   

The fascination of folks commenting and "caring" about 2 adults and their choice of being together in a romantic relationship is quite amazing.   And yes, if you make a comment about it, then you care. 

I just enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy of the selective outrage over Ms. Swift and Mr. Kelce.   

They used to show GILSELLE ALL THE TIME too when Tom was doing his thing.   

Lets see the archives around here lambasting that?   Oh right..... Not Taylor 

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2024 at 7:56 AM, Blue Racer said:

I suffer with AMD and take the injections as well! I'll never forget the first "shot"! Whew, who know you could literally take a needle to the eye?? Quite an experience!

Best wishes today!

Yeah, it ain't much fun but very necessary.  It takes me a day or so to get over the shot.  I actually received a stronger shot yesterday, but my reaction is not as bad as the last one.  Yesterday was my 4th one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, temptation said:

IMG_1769.png

No debate most watched SB ever.  It is king of the US market.

Super Bowl vs World Cup....SB has a ways to go even with 123 million viewers

https://www.statista.com/chart/16875/super-bowl-viewership-vs-world-cup-final/

https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/news/how-fifa-world-cup-final-beat-super-bowl-lvi-in-tv-ratings

• Like 3

A couple of more thoughts on the game:

I  like football players with emotion.  I thought Mahones was almost sleepwalking during the first half, but he got the juices flowing in the 2nd half and OT for sure.  Kelce the same, he played better when the game was really on the line.

I thought the 49er offensive line was terrific the whole game.  The Chiefs barely laid a hand on Purdy all game, and the ground game from McCaffrey was exceptional.  They just had some penalty and turnovers that cut their drives short.  Also the Chief defense came up with some timely plays.

My wife watched the entire game!  It was a first for her in a long time.  She used to attend games with me when we were younger, but not for many years now.  I had a relative call from Florida, that lives on a busy street, and he said the traffic was as light as he'd seen it in his 10 years of living down there.  I did have one female technician at the eye clinic that confessed she hadn't watched the game, but she was in the vast minority, or so it seemed.

35 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

odds at less than 50%?>. what does that even mean?   

The fascination of folks commenting and "caring" about 2 adults and their choice of being together in a romantic relationship is quite amazing.   And yes, if you make a comment about it, then you care. 

I just enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy of the selective outrage over Ms. Swift and Mr. Kelce.   

They used to show GILSELLE ALL THE TIME too when Tom was doing his thing.   

Lets see the archives around here lambasting that?   Oh right..... Not Taylor 

Coach...I am going to surmise you are a big time "Swifty".  I can feel the emotion when you go into defense mode.

You paint kind of an extremist view.  Can't it be somewhere in the middle?  How about I don't care who a player dates, but do I really need to see their face plastered on the screen when they catch a 7yd pass?  I'll live one way or another, but my preference is to keep the view on the field with the people competing on it.

Its not the views of the celebrity...its the volume of the views especially when there is nothing meaningful that occurred to prompt the view.  Many of us grew up watching Jack Nicolson and Spike Lee on the sidelines for the Lakers and Knicks.  But they didn't get near the looks of Taylor in her suite jumping up and down for a first down.  

I wasn't alive, but perhaps the TV camera's for the networks did pan to Marilyn Monroe every time Joe DiMaggio caught a fly ball or grounded out to 3rd.  Somehow, I doubt it though.....welcome to the age of social media.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

No debate most watched SB ever.  It is king of the US market.

Super Bowl vs World Cup....SB has a ways to go even with 123 million viewers

https://www.statista.com/chart/16875/super-bowl-viewership-vs-world-cup-final/

https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/news/how-fifa-world-cup-final-beat-super-bowl-lvi-in-tv-ratings

ESPN leaving out details, imagine that.  Good catch.

29 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Coach...I am going to surmise you are a big time "Swifty".  I can feel the emotion when you go into defense mode.

You paint kind of an extremist view.  Can't it be somewhere in the middle?  How about I don't care who a player dates, but do I really need to see their face plastered on the screen when they catch a 7yd pass?  I'll live one way or another, but my preference is to keep the view on the field with the people competing on it.

Its not the views of the celebrity...its the volume of the views especially when there is nothing meaningful that occurred to prompt the view.  Many of us grew up watching Jack Nicolson and Spike Lee on the sidelines for the Lakers and Knicks.  But they didn't get near the looks of Taylor in her suite jumping up and down for a first down.  

I wasn't alive, but perhaps the TV camera's for the networks did pan to Marilyn Monroe every time Joe DiMaggio caught a fly ball or grounded out to 3rd.  Somehow, I doubt it though.....welcome to the age of social media.

Spike? Are you serious? You couldn't watch a Knicks playoff game back in the '90's without seeing Spike's reacion to nearly everything. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Less than 40 seconds of total tv time

Less than 2minutes in the entire playoff run of Chiefs

Giselle got the same treatment by the TV producers, who ulitmately are the ones in charge of the camera angles used in all games.   

I attempted to get my daughter Swift tickets for Indy in Nov 24, fell short on lottery, couldn't tell you name of any songs, but could recognize a couple Im sure based on care rides with soon to be 15 year old, so don't think I am a swifty per the rules of Swift fandom.   

This is nothing more than selective outrage and our nations newest click bait anger talking point to fill the internet spaces, I am just hear to show the facts that 30 seconds of TV time is enough to get folks to comment on this site, is just laughable considering the amount of similar shots that were on display for the Gisselle Pats days.....   but now its a problem for folks.   

I think a true concern should be why they let Tony Romo ruin the broadcast for everyone, now that has merit 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Okay, let me ask you this @temptation  still a publicity stunt if they get engaged in 2024?  or still a couple 1-1-25?    What a long game a Billionaire and Millionaire are playing 

Eh, it'll likely end in a train wreck like most of Hollywood's romances.

Then she will write about the break-up in her next album.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Her batting average speaks for itself.  Failed relationships have made her a ton of cash.

• Haha 1

NOW, onto actual GAME that was played

HOW does NO ONE on 49ers staff understand the playoff OT rules.......and you LET MAHOMES have the ball last.   

When you have the chance to bury one of the GOATS , you cannot MISS, or else,  you see what happens.  

Just now, temptation said:

Eh, it'll likely end in a train wreck like most of Hollywood's romances.

Then she will write about the break-up in her next album.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Her batting average speaks for itself.  Failed relationships have made her a ton of cash.

Cynical approach on the eve of Valentine's Day,    Why not believe in romance and true love?   

6 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

HOW does NO ONE on 49ers staff understand the playoff OT rules.

I can’t help but think that if it had been an official making a mistake of that magnitude he’d have to get a new identity, complete with plastic surgery, and move to Paraguay.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I can’t help but think that if it had been an official making a mistake of that magnitude he’d have to get a new identity, complete with plastic surgery, and move to Paraguay.

Speaking of Striped folks 

1.  Thought they did great, some early flags, but overall great

2.  GLAD they held the hankeys in the pockets on those 2 holding calls late

3.  What did you think about what seemed like 4 extra.crews on the sidelines?  

Just now, Muda69 said:

No, because Paul Rudd is cool:

CORRECT.  Only answer that is acceptable !!! 

12 minutes ago, Bobref said:

IMG_1526.jpeg

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

3.  What did you think about what seemed like 4 extra.crews on the sidelines?  

Those were the alternates, I believe. They are always there. But, obviously, they have now been given an expanded role. I like it. Gives the guys on the field help when they need it most.

• Like 2