Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hey so I am curious, is anyone on here in the know of Madison football? I am curious because they are going to hire a close friend of mine as their new head coach and I know little to nothing about them and I wanted to see does anyone know anything about them they are willing to share? Do they have much history of success or do they have anything coming up. Just looking for information coming from not knowing anything. 

They have had massive facilities upgrades the last several years, not that their facilities were horrible. Athletics have kind of fallen on hard times. Historically Madison has competed well in BB, BA, and wrestling. As I stated athletics have been down more than up the last generation or so. I think the community will support and are hungry for a winner. 

They have undergone a massive reduction in student enrollment.  They were a solid 4A and have dropped to 3A, and I believe they are still trending down in terms of enrollment, but they will likely never fall below 3A.  They are like a lot of schools, they have talent but there are a lot of outside factors impacting their ability to put it all together on the field.

Their AD was a college teammate of mine and is a good dude.  They definitely are looking for a winner but there has to be a culture change.

Can't find an article yet but they did name their coach last night. Charles Benintende was officially named their head coach last night at their board meeting. Fantastic dude, got to personally work with him in Evansville and is very knowledgeable. I was very sorry to see him leave but things happen. He will get numbers up and understands football better than anyone else. I can't say if he has any talent there to win but he will get the best out of his kids. Congrats Coach

On 3/14/2024 at 12:27 PM, SouthernFan said:

Can't find an article yet but they did name their coach last night. Charles Benintende was officially named their head coach last night at their board meeting. Fantastic dude, got to personally work with him in Evansville and is very knowledgeable. I was very sorry to see him leave but things happen. He will get numbers up and understands football better than anyone else. I can't say if he has any talent there to win but he will get the best out of his kids. Congrats Coach

Where else has he coached? I noticed the article said he lives in Greenville, here in Floyd County. That's my area.

A lot of his coaching was in Florida and Louisiana but while in Evansville he coached at Harrison. Coach gets fired and is passed over for the next head coach for the coach there now. Brings high energy and will get the kids behind him.   

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Anyone know if Coach Wilson moved on or is he still teaching at Madison?

He's still showing up in the teacher directory for the school: https://www.madison.k12.in.us/mchs-contacts ... third from bottom on All contacts.