Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2024

On 4/4/2024 at 12:32 PM, jets said:

Also, I will add that the IHSAA has shown before that they will consider "competitive balance" and not just geography when determining sectionals ...in our own wrestling sectional Floyd Central and New Albany were both added (driving right past Jeffersonville, which is 10 minutes away) in order to try and even out the competition. 

Take that for what it is worth 

Might be a somewhat different situation because of wrestling being a 1 day Sectional with the winner based on team points. With football being 3 games and travel expenses being what they are, I just don't see the IHSAA doing anything but looking purely at geography.  We shall see soon enough I suppose.

19 hours ago, tango said:

Might be a somewhat different situation because of wrestling being a 1 day Sectional with the winner based on team points. With football being 3 games and travel expenses being what they are, I just don't see the IHSAA doing anything but looking purely at geography.  We shall see soon enough I suppose.

Just remember that a few years ago, Princeton was in sectional 30 with Brown County, Edgewood, and Sullivan, while Gibson Southern was in 32 with Corydon Central, North Harrison, and Salem. 

I’m pretty sure that the IHSAA doesn’t worry too much about travel. 

3 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Just remember that a few years ago, Princeton was in sectional 30 with Brown County, Edgewood, and Sullivan, while Gibson Southern was in 32 with Corydon Central, North Harrison, and Salem. 

I’m pretty sure that the IHSAA doesn’t worry too much about travel. 

I remember. But in the last 2 classifications, there has been a lot of movement of several former 3A schools to 2A (Pike Central, Sullivan, Brownstown, Salem, Brown Co.) and Washington moving to 4A in the latest one leaves a very distinct group of 8 3A schools within the pocket of SW IN. That said, I'm not saying a different group couldn't be decided, but it would be almost idiotic to split that group up. And yes, I realize idiotic is certainly not out of the realm for the brain trust on North Meridian Street.

As for Sectional 24, Washington replaces Memorial, but I wonder if BNL will get moved out? That seemed like an odd addition last year.  

1 hour ago, tango said:

As for Sectional 24, Washington replaces Memorial, but I wonder if BNL will get moved out? That seemed like an odd addition last year.  

BNL was an last minute thing, literally happened beginning on the first week of games 

1 hour ago, tango said:

I remember. But in the last 2 classifications, there has been a lot of movement of several former 3A schools to 2A (Pike Central, Sullivan, Brownstown, Salem, Brown Co.) and Washington moving to 4A in the latest one leaves a very distinct group of 8 3A schools within the pocket of SW IN. That said, I'm not saying a different group couldn't be decided, but it would be almost idiotic to split that group up. And yes, I realize idiotic is certainly not out of the realm for the brain trust on North Meridian Street.

This was the poorly constructed 2019 grouping: 

Sectional 30. (8): Brown County, Edgewood, Owen Valley, Pike Central, Princeton Community, Sullivan, Vincennes Lincoln, Washington
Sectional 31. (8): Batesville, Brownstown Central, Charlestown, Franklin County, Greensburg, Lawrenceburg, Rushville, Scottsburg
Sectional 32. (8): Corydon Central, Evansville Bosse, Gibson Southern, Heritage Hills, Mt. Vernon, North Harrison, Salem, Southridge

As you mentioned - a LOT of fluctuation in the Southwest corner of the state. 

Brown County (2A), Pike Central (2A), and Sullivan (2A) as well as Washington (4A) are no longer in 3A. 

Brownstown and Salem (Both 2A) and Bosse & Charlestown (4A) are also out of the mix. 

There would need to be some serious rationalizing to put a West Vigo, Owen Valley, or Corydon in place of the 8 schools that would make up the SW Indiana 3A Sectional.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

This was the poorly constructed 2019 grouping: 

As you mentioned - a LOT of fluctuation in the Southwest corner of the state. 

Brown County (2A), Pike Central (2A), and Sullivan (2A) as well as Washington (4A) are no longer in 3A. 

Brownstown and Salem (Both 2A) and Bosse & Charlestown (4A) are also out of the mix. 

There would need to be some serious rationalizing to put a West Vigo, Owen Valley, or Corydon in place of the 8 schools that would make up the SW Indiana 3A Sectional.   

Will even more interesting next cycle when GS moves to 4A....who will they pull in then?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Will even more interesting next cycle when GS moves to 4A....who will they pull in then?

Assuming no other movement, probably nobody - just leave S32 as a 7 team sectional.

If HH makes another run this year, wouldn't they get bumped up to 4A in 2025?   

Edited by tango

8 minutes ago, tango said:

Assuming no other movement, probably nobody - just leave S32 as a 7 team sectional.

If HH makes another run this year, wouldn't they get bumped up to 4A in 2025?   

Well... they would need to win another semistate. Then you will be down to 6 3A teams in SW Indiana.

28 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Well... they would need to win another semistate. Then you will be down to 6 3A teams in SW Indiana.

Washington is right on the 3A / 4A line, so my guess is they might be in the mix for moving back down if a couple of 3A move up. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

2024 returning starters 

1. Harrison 17/22 (77%)
    Offense: 9 starters
    Defense: 8 starters

2. Castle 16/22 (73%)
    Offense: 7 starters
    Defense: 9 starters 

3. Central 14/22 (64%)
    Offense: 5 starters
    Defense: 9 Starters

4. Memorial 13/22 (59%)
    Offense: 8 starters
    Defense: 5 Starters 

5. Jasper 12/22 (55%)
    Offense: 7 starters
    Defense: 5 starters 

6. Bosse 10/22 (45%)
    Offense: 5 starters

7. Reitz 9/22 (41%)
    Offense: 4 starters

8. Vincennes Lincoln 8/22 (36%)
    Offense: 3 starters

9. Mater Dei 8/22 (36%)
    Defense: 4 starters 

10. North 8/22 (36%)
    Defense: 4 starters

Please correct me if I am wrong with some of the times, but this is what I have gathered so far.

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Is replacing the lights at Reitz next?

Modernized lights at the Bowl would be awesome. They replaced the lights (or at least the bulbs, not sure) before last season. People said it was a slight improvement but barely noticeable.

Edited by Football Fanatic

2 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

This is great news. Looking forward to checking out some games there. Especially can imagine the classic Enlow playoff atmosphere with Memorial vs. Gibson Southern, Memorial vs. Heritage Hills, or even Memorial vs. Mater Dei. 

5 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

This is great news. Looking forward to checking out some games there. Especially can imagine the classic Enlow playoff atmosphere with Memorial vs. Gibson Southern, Memorial vs. Heritage Hills, or even Memorial vs. Mater Dei. 

It really falls short in comparison to the atmosphere at other 3A playoff locations over the past few years.  I've been to some poorly attended playoff games at Enlow.  That said, during the Lindauer Combs era things really picked up.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

It really falls short in comparison to the atmosphere at other 3A playoff locations over the past few years.  I've been to some poorly attended playoff games at Enlow.  That said, during the Lindauer Combs era things really picked up.

You may be on to something there. The Gibson Southern @ Heritage Hills semistate game was the best 3A atmosphere I've seen. Although the Memorial @ Gibson Southern game in 2017 was very good too. Speaking on recent history anyways.

On 4/22/2024 at 3:56 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Recruiting news:

Castle’s Patterson has switched his commitment to Cincinnati! Going to join the Bearcats in the Big 12.

Where had he previously committed?