• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/19/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted    Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach  Cloverdale: Tony Meyer  New Albany: Sean Coultis Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant  Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wheeler:  Tony Klimzack  Adam Hudak Hired from Lake Station  Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones Brian Hooker Promoted  
OrangeFever

Hoosier Hills Conference 2017

141 posts in this topic

Let's see what each school returns and what some predictions are. 

I'll lead it off. Columbus East returns a TON, including Major, Hogan and Miller on Offense along with a few offensive lineman that played significant time. On Defense they return Henderson, Summa, Wichman, along with some other D-Line players. I expect East to go undefeated in the Conference and possibly in the regular season, the only game in question would be against CN (which I expect East to be favored this year) 

Edited by OrangeFever

BNL loses 4 of 5 starters on the O-Line. Some good youngsters that will have to build on their talent and potential.

Skill wise they will return a ton of speed and playmaking ability. Seniors Esteban Flores and Alex Juhl will be contributors, but the bulk of the speed will come from Juniors in McCall Ray, Wyatt Martin, Jamie Deckard and Drew Shoufler. Sophomores Tabin Stillions, Skylar Bates, Justice Woods, and Owen Beaver will also contribute (Stillions and Bates both started multiple games as Freshman this season). Also the potential to add in Brayton Bailey to the list who has more speed than all of the others (not holding my breath).

If the defense learns how to be tough and stop the run for a full game they will be fighting for 2nd in the conference. I expect East to look like an FCS college team with all they bring back LOL

12 hours ago, OrangeFever said:

Let's see what each school returns and what some predictions are. 

I'll lead it off. Columbus East returns a TON, including Major, Hogan and Miller on Offense along with a few offensive lineman that played significant time. On Defense they return Henderson, Summa, Wichman, along with some other D-Line players. I expect East to go undefeated in the Conference and possibly in the regular season, the only game in question would be against CN (which I expect East to be favored this year) 

2016 ALL State selections     -    Congrats to IFCA Top 50 Elite All-State Harry Crider, Sr. All-State Jared Clark and Jr. All-State Josh Major, Jamon Hogan, Ethan Summa.

On 12/2/2016 at 11:25 AM, FishDuck said:

Also the potential to add in Brayton Bailey to the list who has more speed than all of the others (not holding my breath).

Judging by what I read in the paper about the basketball team, it doesn't sound like the scion of Damon Bailey can do much towards saving BNL basketball. 

I'll be very interested how our lines look next year. In 2016 certainly those were some great lines (little known to me outside of Crider). We lose 3 starters on offensive and defensive lines plus most of the next up backups/platoon linemen. I only know of 2 olinemen and 2 dlinemen who played when it mattered ever who return. That being said, outside of Crider i didn't know much coming into 2016 and was very pleasantly surprised to see how the lines with many new starters came together. We'll see. Outside of linemen we have to plug significant losses at LB and WR and depth at TE. In theory our junior class is pretty thin next year, but Gaddis and staff have proven to develop players, so who knows. Looking forward to August.

51 minutes ago, Olympian99 said:

I'll be very interested how our lines look next year. In 2016 certainly those were some great lines (little known to me outside of Crider). We lose 3 starters on offensive and defensive lines plus most of the next up backups/platoon linemen. I only know of 2 olinemen and 2 dlinemen who played when it mattered ever who return. That being said, outside of Crider i didn't know much coming into 2016 and was very pleasantly surprised to see how the lines with many new starters came together. We'll see. Outside of linemen we have to plug significant losses at LB and WR and depth at TE. In theory our junior class is pretty thin next year, but Gaddis and staff have proven to develop players, so who knows. Looking forward to August.

The lines will be very skilled again. (spoke to 06 yesterday about it) he is pretty close to the program. While they did lose Crider and some others, the way that Coach Miller delvolpes the lineman, and the strength program that is put in place he said we shouldn't be alarmed. East returns a ton of the skills positions, and he said he feels that Ty Henderson will have a major impact on D next year. 

What does Jeff have coming back? They're going to need all the help they can get when playing Cathedral.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 7:33 PM, DanteEstonia said:

Judging by what I read in the paper about the basketball team, it doesn't sound like the scion of Damon Bailey can do much towards saving BNL basketball. 

Well considering they have New Albany and Romeo Langford in their conference and section for 2 more years it will be an uphill battle. Brayton is very good and will make a good name for himself on the hardwood in the next 4 years, but I also think he could do just as much and potentially more damage on the football field as a wide receiver.

8 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

Brayton is very good and will make a good name for himself on the hardwood in the next 4 years, but I also think he could do just as much and potentially more damage on the football field as a wide receiver.

Correct me if i am wrong but it is doubtful he will be the player that Damon was on the court . If he has potential on the gridiron it would be nice to see him be supported by the bedford basketball faithful and Damon himself at a sport that may suit him better.  I played at bhss  and am still a big south supporter but i follow BNL football as well and am a star football fan in my spare football time i suppose you could say. 

8 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Correct me if i am wrong but it is doubtful he will be the player that Damon was on the court . If he has potential on the gridiron it would be nice to see him be supported by the bedford basketball faithful and Damon himself at a sport that may suit him better.  I played at bhss  and am still a big south supporter but i follow BNL football as well and am a star football fan in my spare football time i suppose you could say. 

Yeah, I wouldn't imagine anybody in Bedford will be the player that Damon was. That's asking an awful lot, but he will still be very good. The thing with basketball is that college opportunities are so heavily reliant on AAU performances and summer leagues etc. so it makes it hard to commit to football when you can be playing in tournaments in August trying to get $ for college. He might be able to do both, but who knows. The basketball program at BNL has been very supportive of the football program and vice versa, so whatever can be done to help all teams will be encouraged. I know the football program would love to have him, that's all.

2 hours ago, FishDuck said:

Yeah, I wouldn't imagine anybody in Bedford will be the player that Damon was. That's asking an awful lot, but he will still be very good. The thing with basketball is that college opportunities are so heavily reliant on AAU performances and summer leagues etc. so it makes it hard to commit to football when you can be playing in tournaments in August trying to get $ for college. He might be able to do both, but who knows. The basketball program at BNL has been very supportive of the football program and vice versa, so whatever can be done to help all teams will be encouraged. I know the football program would love to have him, that's all.

You would need Bailey to beat New Albany this year. They are unbelievable. They have the ESPN showcase at New Castle in 10 days. Going to be a packed house. 4 teams in the top 12 in the country. 

Espn televised :

Opening game is #12 New Albany vs #3 La Luminere (both Indiana schools)

2nd game is #1 Sierra Canyon vs #2 Oak Hill Academy.

These rankings are national rankings. Absolutely loaded, and New Castle High School will be rocking. 

25 minutes ago, OrangeFever said:

You would need Bailey to beat New Albany this year. They are unbelievable. They have the ESPN showcase at New Castle in 10 days. Going to be a packed house. 4 teams in the top 12 in the country. 

Espn televised :

These rankings are national rankings. Absolutely loaded, and New Castle High School will be rocking. 

Even with him I'm not sure New Albany would be beat lol

On 12/5/2016 at 8:33 AM, OrangeFever said:

Espn televised :

I really wish the IHSAA would eliminate the travel rule!

Romeo was a better player than Damon as a sophomore than Damon was as a senior in high school.  Damon was great (I saw all four years of his high school career live), but Romeo is at a different level.

Brayton would be a better at football than he is, or will be, at basketball.  I've seen him play a lot of basketball, but people I know have seen him play football and tell me that he is way better at it than basketball. 

The only D-1 prospect in the HHC besides Langford, is Cobie Barnes at FC. He has a legitimate chance of being a top 100 recruit. Extremely talented. FC/NA game this Friday has been sold out for weeks and will be a good one.

56 minutes ago, fkfootball said:

The only D-1 prospect in the HHC besides Langford, is Cobie Barnes at FC. He has a legitimate chance of being a top 100 recruit. Extremely talented. FC/NA game this Friday has been sold out for weeks and will be a good one.

Lol there's at least 1 other future D-1 prospect on Romeo's team...

Anyway, can we get this back to football? FC should return a pretty good team next year, will they be able to get past Seymour for 2nd in the HHC and possibly compete with East for 1st?

2 hours ago, FishDuck said:

Anyway, can we get this back to football? FC should return a pretty good team next year, will they be able to get past Seymour for 2nd in the HHC and possibly compete with East for 1st?

I'll be surprised outside of their game next Thursday against La Luminere (#1 team in the country) in the new rankings if New Albany has a game within 15-20 during the regular season. Nobody in the HHC is hanging with NA this year 

2 hours ago, OrangeFever said:

I'll be surprised outside of their game next Thursday against La Luminere (#1 team in the country) in the new rankings if New Albany has a game within 15-20 during the regular season. Nobody in the HHC is hanging with NA this year 

FC lost to them by 3 points last year and is pretty loaded themselves. Rivalry games are tricky.

4 hours ago, FishDuck said:

1. Other than Langford and Barnes, I don't know of any HHC kids being recruited by D-1 programs.

2. FC and Seymour tied for 2nd place. Head to head is not a tiebreaker. It doesn't work that way. 

3. Yes FC will be pretty good next year. They have to replace an All State DT and an All State LT but they have 1750 kids in their school, so reloading won't be a problem.

2 hours ago, fkfootball said:

FC lost to them by 3 points last year and is pretty loaded themselves. Rivalry games are tricky.

1. Other than Langford and Barnes, I don't know of any HHC kids being recruited by D-1 programs.

2. FC and Seymour tied for 2nd place. Head to head is not a tiebreaker. It doesn't work that way. 

3. Yes FC will be pretty good next year. They have to replace an All State DT and an All State LT but they have 1750 kids in their school, so reloading won't be a problem.

East will once again be head and shoulders about everyone in football in the HHC. Loaded again, and the line's will be just fine with the replacements. 

I beleive New Albany has a freshman on the basketball team this year that is very highly recruited. 

Hunter is the freshman on NA.  I last saw him play in April, was about 6'3 at the time.  He is a different player than Romeo.  His game needs to expand if he doesn't grow much more as he doesn't have much a jumper, everything was around the basket.  He is a great athlete, tremendous defender, and shot blocker though.  His timing on blocking shots is uncanny, and he's a lefty.  His dad, Chad Hunter, is the all-time leading scorer at New Albany, until Romeo breaks that record in the next 6-7 games.

Circling back to football, what is the story with New Albany's and Jeffersonville's football teams?  It seems like they both should be better than they have been in recent seasons.  I know New Albany lost a couple of players to Trinity this past season who are D1 caliber kids, but I feel like they have the talent overall to be better.

1 hour ago, niknasik said:

Circling back to football, what is the story with New Albany's and Jeffersonville's football teams?  It seems like they both should be better than they have been in recent seasons.  I know New Albany lost a couple of players to Trinity this past season who are D1 caliber kids, but I feel like they have the talent overall to be better.

We've been wondering the same for a decade. 

Heh, fair enough. 

NA and Jeff have always been everyones sleepers because of the size of the schools. But the interesting thing is that those schools haven't grown in population as much, and FC has been growing at a much faster rate. 10 years ago, FC was about 400 students behind NA. Today, it is only 97. Jeff is the school to watch out for. They have around 2000 kids and with all of the commerce and development that is going on in the rural and suburban parts of Jeff as well as the new east end Ohio River bridge,you are going to see that school start to grow which is going to increase their talent base.

27 minutes ago, fkfootball said:

Jeff is the school to watch out for. They have around 2000 kids and with all of the commerce and development that is going on in the rural and suburban parts of Jeff as well as the new east end Ohio River bridge,you are going to see that school start to grow which is going to increase their talent base.

Will they ever be a threat to win a 6a sectional??  I think as a culture at their school they probably are more of a track and field/ basketball school.    

16 hours ago, niknasik said:

Hunter is the freshman on NA.  I last saw him play in April, was about 6'3 at the time.  He is a different player than Romeo.  His game needs to expand if he doesn't grow much more as he doesn't have much a jumper, everything was around the basket.  He is a great athlete, tremendous defender, and shot blocker though.  His timing on blocking shots is uncanny, and he's a lefty.  His dad, Chad Hunter, is the all-time leading scorer at New Albany, until Romeo breaks that record in the next 6-7 games.

Hunter is the one I was thinking of, didn't know the name though. Haven't seen him play, but just heard that he was going to be special.

How does East have all these studs on the football team that are D1 talent, but not have anybody in their school that is that talented at basketball? Judging by the football team I thought everyone in that school was 6'3 or taller and athletic LOL