Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PLAC-MSC 2024

5 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Making the ISSMA state finals 30 times in the last 41 years is not just a 'decent' band. 

This sounds like a good topic for The Indiana High School Band Digest. Take it there.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 10:16 AM, WWFan said:

Both won state! Awesome for MSC. Makes me think. Has any PLAC school won state in any of big 3? I know we have a few runner ups.

I don't believe so. WW, SV, and PC (twice) have been to state finals in football. Paoli and SV have been to basketball state finals. I can't think of anyone making baseball state finals although several have made it to semi-state.

20 minutes ago, PCFan1996 said:

Perry is back in 1A next year.  I have a feeling sectional 48 will be:

West Washington

Springs Valley

Forest Park 

Tecumseh

Perry Central

South Spencer

Providence

Any thoughts?

I don't see how else they could do 48.

I assume Providence will be good again. I know they had a bunch of seniors though.

Forest Park will be pretty good.

South Spencer only had 3 wins last year but I think they'll be solid. Probably won't be able to win it but they might make it to the finals.

What do you think?

29 minutes ago, JQWL said:

I assume Providence will be good again. I know they had a bunch of seniors though.

South Spencer only had 3 wins last year but I think they'll be solid. Probably won't be able to win it but they might make it to the finals.

What do you think?

I think it may be a mix of those schools...or maybe North knox North Davies, Eastern Green, or North Central mixed in with some of the others going east,,,

1 hour ago, JQWL said:

What do you think?

I agree.  We play 3 PAC schools in our regular season and the physicality of that league is good, so SS or FP could contend.  Tecumseh is still going to be down I think.

Providence is the King until they are dethroned though.  Valley could also make a good run at it.  WW is always a question, never know when they will have a qb who can give teams fits or a runningback who can run over or runaway from a defense.  I think it will be interesting when the IHSAA releases the sectional assignments.

1 hour ago, NorthKnox94 said:

I think it may be a mix of those schools...or maybe North knox North Davies, Eastern Green, or North Central mixed in with some of the others going east,,,

29 minutes ago, WWFan said:

WW was in 47 until Linton moved. Hard to see us not getting kicked back. But never know. 

I think this guy does a good job of logical assignments but we all know that the IHSAA is rarely logical!😂

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/viewer?mid=1tvJ-o3tt6pEhP9Vf6JfHXRZGG-vN7t0&ll=39.84319248108072%2C-86.34990215&z=7

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, PCFan1996 said:

I think this guy does a good job of logical assignments but we all know that the IHSAA is rarely logical!😂

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/viewer?mid=1tvJ-o3tt6pEhP9Vf6JfHXRZGG-vN7t0&ll=39.84319248108072%2C-86.34990215&z=7

That's good if they just do clusters based on proximity. But I doubt that happens. Haha. Be interesting. Seen one in other thread where it took WW SV and Providence and moved them to 47. 

3 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Congratulations to Coach See!  Very happy for him.  He is a young coach and a "Mitchell guy" that will work hard to see his Bluejackets have success.  Been involved with the baseball programs of late so he has seen some success up close.  Good luck Coach! 

Hall of Fame Coach Mike Spencer who coached at Perry Central, Tell City and Corydon Central passed yesterday.  I personally did not know Coach Spencer, but this is a blow to the coaching community in southern Indiana.  While he was retired, he was still around the game and Corydon Central athletics.  I know many people who had wonderful things to say about him.  He will be missed by us, and I am sure by those in Perry County as well.  Condolences to his family and friends.

I know this was on the main page, but this affects the MSC and PLAC specifically.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Coach_K said:

Hall of Fame Coach Mike Spencer who coached at Perry Central, Tell City and Corydon Central passed yesterday.  I personally did not know Coach Spencer, but this is a blow to the coaching community in southern Indiana.  While he was retired, he was still around the game and Corydon Central athletics.  I know many people who had wonderful things to say about him.  He will be missed by us, and I am sure by those in Perry County as well.  Condolences to his family and friends.

I know this was on the main page, but this affects the MSC and PLAC specifically.

He will be missed by many!  We were happy to have him at most practices and on the sidelines last season! Great coach, great man!

https://www.huberfuneralhome.net/obituaries/Mike-Spencer?obId=31211585