• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      Head Coach Openings 2017   10/18/2016

      Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted    Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach  Cloverdale: Tony Meyer  New Albany: Sean Coultis Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant  Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones Brian Hooker Promoted  
OrangeFever

Hoosier Hills Conference 2017

142 posts in this topic

I see that Floyd and East are now in the same sectional. I believe it's an all HHC sectional.. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I see that Floyd and East are now in the same sectional. I believe it's an all HHC sectional.. 

Just like every other sport....East and Madison being the outliers. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great. We get to be a bridesmaid to East, not once, but twice a year.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

East will be very good again this year, 1 problem tho...Cathedral... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2017 at 0:03 AM, Frozen Tundra said:

The Hoosier Hills Conference isn't going anywhere folks. All eight schools have pledged to remain through the 2018-2019 season. Also, the conference has decided to cut down on the number of conference games from 7 to 6. Read about it at the link below.

http://www.therepublic.com/2017/02/09/olympians_staying_put_in_hoosier_hills_conference/

Thanks for posting the story link about the HHC Conference situation.   It will be refreshing to see some change in the JC schedule that has been unaltered for nearly 20 years.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kind of reminds me of Perry Meridian bailing out of Conference Indiana.  Couldn't compete, so they looked for softer opponents.  You either play the people in your conference or look else where.

East finding opponents mid season won't be easy, especially when you figure the six remaining Confence Indiana teams are looking to fill their schedules with Perry Meridian and Franklin Central leaving that conference.  Unless CE wants to step up and schedule CI teams.  Moving the C. East - C. North game to mid season might be interesting.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Butter Bean said:

East finding opponents mid season won't be easy, especially when you figure the six remaining Confence Indiana teams are looking to fill their schedules with Perry Meridian and Franklin Central leaving that conference.    

These statements contradict. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just saying C. East and six Conference Indiana teams looking to fill mid season openings at the same time will not be easy.  

I hear Columbus North already has their open dates filled.  East has commented they don't want to drive to Terre Haute, so that leaves B. South and North and Southport from Conference Indiana and they may of already filled their schedule.  

  I was just saying filling spots mid season is not a simple task.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Butter Bean said:

I'm just saying C. East and six Conference Indiana teams looking to fill mid season openings at the same time will not be easy.  

Beggars can't be choosers, and CI has some beggars. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, if I was an AD at any of the schools that bordered CI members and I wasn't extended an invitation to join the conference, I'd drop all CI opponents that I had as non-conference games. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK. . Let's look at the "bordering" schools next to Conference Indiana and see who would be realistic, potential members.

Decatur Central and Martinsville were charter members of CI and bailed after not winning.  Columbus East, Franklin, Roncalli, and Whiteland were all invited and declined.  That leaves the likes of Beech Grove, Greenwood, Mooresville, New Pal, Shelbyville, Edgewood, Owen Valley, and Northview.   Year in and year out none of those are going to be competitive in a 5 and 6A conference.   I seriously doubt if invited they would accept.  So who does that leave YOU with?  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Butter Bean said:

OK. . Let's look at the "bordering" schools next to Conference Indiana and see who would be realistic, potential members.

Decatur Central and Martinsville were charter members of CI and bailed after not winning.  Columbus East, Franklin, Roncalli, and Whiteland were all invited and declined.  That leaves the likes of Beech Grove, Greenwood, Mooresville, New Pal, Shelbyville, Edgewood, Owen Valley, and Northview.   Year in and year out none of those are going to be competitive in a 5 and 6A conference.   I seriously doubt if invited they would accept.  So who does that leave YOU with?  

You left out a school.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all ears.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Butter Bean said:

I'm all ears.  

Can't help but notice you left out BNL in your post.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just assumed since the Hoosier Hills Conference members made a loyalty pledge Dec. of 2016, through 2019 to remain in the conference, none of them would  be interested in jumping ship.  The invitation to CE was prior to Dec. 2016, I understand.

i will, however, do some checking, to see if your Stars were approached.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes me mad that Floyd wants to play Louisville Male. I'd rather see a CI team.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:14 PM, Butter Bean said:

This kind of reminds me of Perry Meridian bailing out of Conference Indiana.  Couldn't compete, so they looked for softer opponents.  You either play the people in your conference or look else where.

East finding opponents mid season won't be easy, especially when you figure the six remaining Confence Indiana teams are looking to fill their schedules with Perry Meridian and Franklin Central leaving that conference.  Unless CE wants to step up and schedule CI teams.  Moving the C. East - C. North game to mid season might be interesting.  

It's not about being competitive, it's the travel involved with Conference Indiana.

Perry Meridian finished 4th or better in 3 of the last 5 years in CI.  They weren't winning the conference, but they were competitive.

Traveling to the two Terre Haute schools, the two Bloomington schools, and Columbus North is just too much.

I don't love the move to the Midstate, but I love that they are developing new rivalries with nearby shcools

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.