• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/18/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted    Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach  Cloverdale: Tony Meyer  New Albany: Sean Coultis Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant  Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones Brian Hooker Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coach Nowlin

Chatard Coach Vince Lorenzano set to Retire

42 posts in this topic

informed team today, Indy Star will run report later today 

He is one bad hombre 

1 minute ago, Captain Cabinets said:

This opening should pull a big name from somewhere!  Perhaps from the Southwestern part of the state in 3A?  :10:

No way....I think TW sticks it out where he is at!

Just now, Titan32 said:

No way....I think TW sticks it out where he is at!

Yeah, not who I had in mind.  You know it will come up, don't you!

Just now, Captain Cabinets said:

Yeah, not who I had in mind.  You know it will come up, don't you!

It will come up for every year for the next several (opening or not)...however each year it dies down a little.  

Congrats to coach Lorenzano....hope he can sit back and relax!

Wow.  Didn't see that one coming.

They have some quality in house guys to choose from.

It's always surprising to see successful and revered coaches retire. Good luck to Chatard finding a replacement. 

I can confirm The TW will be remaining with the Indianapolis Fire Department and not heading to Bishop Chatard.

Mr. O'Shea at Lafayette Central Catholic would be a natural fit for the job at Bishop Chatard.

Really hoping BC hires from within the program. Congrats to Coach L on a remarkable career. 

4 hours ago, bigfish said:

Really hoping BC hires from within the program. Congrats to Coach L on a remarkable career. 

Most sought after vacancy in the state, I would presume. 

Best wishes BC. 

Have a feeling that this will be a hire from within, but that feeling doesn't mean anything. Know nothing about this program other than their winning history. Congrats to Coach Lorenzano on a great career!

Truly, truly going to miss seeing Coach L leading the Trojans.  I'm an Indy import but he was there during the most formative times in my kid's lives.  He IS the "Chatard" that both they and my family knows.  

His influence on the life of my children is indelible.  An important part of what they are and will become is what he helped make them

Seven State Championships in 14 years.  

That statement stands fairly alone in the history of Indiana HS football.  

It stands minimally in light of the future fathers he helped guide.

Over half of Chatard's current State leading 13 Championships came under Coach Lorenzano's leadership.  He's truly defined and left his stamp on the program.  

As incredible as that is, Coach L "brought a swagger" and "inspired everyone" to quote my oldest son....long since gone from Chatard.  That same son, today, walks with that inspiration and swagger he got from "L".  I suspect he will always walk so.

Those State Championships dwindle in light of those truly, truly tough, inspired kids who swagger in his wake. 

Lives and generations beyond will be touched by that....long after the medals and rings fade.

Coaches touch most of our lives as kids.  They give us so much more than they gain...that's why they are such special people.  They certainly touched and molded mine many years ago in HS and College....but much, much moreso in HS.  Whatever they receive, they give back tenfold.

Even so, it's a rare coach that touches the parents so deeply as well....as Coach L has done within our family...along with some other wonderful coaches at Chatard (other than Dad, perhaps the biggest male influence on my youngest son was his Freshman line coach).  

Though it's inadequate, all we can do is thank you Coach.  Our family has a special place in our hearts and thoughts for you. 

Edit - apologies for the overlong post.  I could have written a book, though, on his behalf.

Edited by Lysander

Well said. 

On 12/6/2016 at 10:34 AM, Muda69 said:

Mr. O'Shea at Lafayette Central Catholic would be a natural fit for the job at Bishop Chatard.

Seems like the OSheas have a pretty good situation at LCC... Don't know why you would want to change.

Wishful thinking? ;)

Just now, FooBird said:

Seems like the OSheas have a pretty good situation at LCC... Don't know why you would want to change.

Wishful thinking? ;)

He has proven just about everything he can down in 1A.  Step up to the plate with a larger school and possibly a larger challenge.

50 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

He has proven just about everything he can down in 1A.  Step up to the plate with a larger school and possibly a larger challenge.

50 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Well, I for one hope that OShea stays at LCC where we only have to face his team once per year and only in the regular season.

Edited by FooBird

He has his Father, Brother and Son on the Coaching Staff at LCC,  Why would he leave????  Something to prove?  Not likely.

I can tell you  Coach O'Shea doesn't coach high school football to prove anything.

Chatard has had some pretty good success hiring from within...Lorenzano, Dilley, and Barr all won multiple state championships as in-house hires.

Any chance that Dilley would want to come back?

Also was looking at coaching history at BC and saw that Center Grove assistant coach Tom Blanck was head coach there during the 1980's. Had no idea about this. 

Edited by CGFan2017

On 12/9/2016 at 7:22 PM, CGFan2017 said:

Any chance that Dilley would want to come back?

Also was looking at coaching history at BC and saw that Center Grove assistant coach Tom Blanck was head coach there during the 1980's. Had no idea about this. 

I didn't know this either id have to ask my dad he would know for sure but I know He coached in Florida for a while before coming to be the head coach at Monrovia in the early 90s took for when Jim Kaiser went to Avon. He still teaches at Monrovia today 

Anyone heard any update on this?  I heard they reached out to Dick Dullaghan to see if he had interest.