Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bears 2024

Muda69

14 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

In an NFL locker room, their are LEADERS, not 1 sole entity, yes, the QB is the lead voice on the offensive side of the ball, no denying that, its just incredible that some of you want to cherry pick media narratives to drive home your narrative that a player who has won an Heisman while playing the position of QB is going to fail as a leader in the NFL because he sat pissed off on the bench, he showed emotion in the stands with his family and has chosen different fashion choices with finger paint and phone cases........

Except for Michigan sign stealing drama.  lots of smoke, no fires.   

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/uscs-caleb-williams-hopes-viral-video-of-him-crying-helped-spread-awareness-for-mental-health/#:~:text=Following the 52-42 loss,a positive impact on others.

USC's loss to Washington last weekend was an emotional one for Trojans quarterback Caleb Williams. Following the 52-42 loss to the Huskies, Williams found his mother in the stands and cried as she comforted him.

That moment has garnered a lot of attention over the last week, and Williams hoped it had a positive impact on others. On Wednesday, Williams spoke to reporters and said he is an advocate for mental health and wanted to be his "authentic" self.

"Me doing just what I did on Saturday, even though it was far from what I was trying to do or anything like that, it showed and spread that awareness that I may talk about when I don't have tears in my eyes," Williams said, per USCFootball.com. "It just shows truth and what I speak ... Being authentic is important."

Williams also noted the loss really stung because of how badly he wanted to get a big win for his teammates.

"That's who I am," Williams said. "That's just simply who I am ...That was raw emotion. Being human. Being myself. Someone that cares about this team, these guys and winning especially."

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/bears-analysis/ex-nfl-star-gerald-mccoy-has-powerful-message-for-critics-of-caleb-williams-crying/540535/?amp=1

Gerald McCoy has earned to speak with his NFL career in my eyes:  

YEA, What a LOSER, BABY, POOR LEADER.....

I asked you a question and you avoided it. How many of the NFL great QB's have you seen go run to their parents and cry when an outcome of a game didn't go their way?  (their final year of college)  

Never called him a loser...those are your words.  I do question if this type of behavior is someone to invest their entire future on.  I appreciate he cares about his team after a tough loss...then why not head to the locker room and demonstrate your care for the team in lieu of running to your parents alone to cry?  I think its a fair question...obviously you don't, and it feels like I struck a nerve.  Maybe my comment hit too close to home.

My son is an Army combat leader...thank goodness, those young men don't publicly run to mommy and cry openly when things don't work out to plan.  You won't find that "style" being taught....well, at least with the elite units.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I asked you a question and you avoided it. How many of the NFL great QB's have you seen go run to their parents and cry when an outcome of a game didn't go their way?  (their final year of college)  

Never called him a loser...those are your words.  I do question if this type of behavior is someone to invest their entire future on.  I appreciate he cares about his team after a tough loss...then why not head to the locker room and demonstrate your care for the team in lieu of running to your parents alone to cry?  I think its a fair question...obviously you don't, and it feels like I struck a nerve.  Maybe my comment hit too close to home.

My son is an Army combat leader...thank goodness, those young men don't publicly run to mommy and cry openly when things don't work out to plan.  You won't find that "style" being taught....well, at least with the elite units.

You’d be sensitive also if your favorite professional football team hadn’t won a championship in nearly 4 decades.

• Haha 1

In fairness, I think we should entertain the possibility that this is simply a generational thing. So much is different now from the “good old days” that I can conceive of the combination of great skill and “now” generation sensitivities being compatible, and not a hindrance.

Look at me, all silver lining …

39 minutes ago, Bobref said:

In fairness, I think we should entertain the possibility that this is simply a generational thing. So much is different now from the “good old days” that I can conceive of the combination of great skill and “now” generation sensitivities being compatible, and not a hindrance.

If the “good old days” mean winning > money then take me back immediately.

Look at this transfer portal business currently engulfing the college landscape…guys just wanna get paid.

6 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

ZERO

6 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Question all you want, too close to home nah, however, be prepared for the counter point I provided that isn't click bait, negative sell media hit pieces that come around, especially this time of year, notice, what I linked was from a 7 time Pro Bowl, DUDE of a player in the NFL, Gerald McCoy and the actual quotes a few days later from CW himself "addressing" the emotion he displayed.  I think that carries far more wait then talking heads of endless shows and Twitter clicks etc.  You called him a poor leader, others have stated he will be a losing bust qb, I added all 3 adjectives to the sentence.  

FOOTBALL equates to ARMY/MILITARY where LIVES on the line??   Quite the leap there my friend.  

expand quote to see specific questions answered

So if he cried behind closed door with his teammates then he gets a pass, but because Mom / Dad right there, because he explained the raw emotion in the presser I posted, still makes him a poor leader.  Got it.   

6 hours ago, temptation said:

You’d be sensitive also if your favorite professional football team hadn’t won a championship in nearly 4 decades.

I have stated many times over, the Chicago Bears have been a fine financial investment option for me and that continues today as well.   Since 1986, only 16 different teams of the 32, so if Math is hard, that is only HALF the league in the last 4 decades have been Super Bowl Champions......so sensitive nope, merely pointed out the fact to some of our friends in this thread who have already assumed so much about the Caleb Williams that there is the other side of the coin that I believe I have successfully pointed out with you know actual NFL pedigree folks, backed up with STATS of the original twitter thread I showed, still not sure if you actually invested in reading that or not, plus a former players and current NFL analyst for the mothership network feeling on it.  

At the end of the day, whether its the 2024 Draft, the 2025 draft, the 2020 draft, etc, its a RISK business, there will be a risk of taking CW 1st, just like it would be if you trade out of the spot and all the other scenarios.   I think it is just pure lazy opinions spouted on here about the shortcomings according to some which is nothing more than a regurgitation of headlines across social media and other yappy shows filling way too much time for way too much content they have to create.   

I started many posts ago stating that RYAN POLES has earned my trust in what he is doing, so far we know for a fact, he prioritized resetting the QB clock over JF extension.  That tells me with his staff they have decided that they are going to be as good or better position with this mode regardless of the new QB they draft.    Thats what we know right now.,    It seems as CW is the consensus pick from just about everyone, so perhaps thats what happens, if it does, he will get my full support, just like I would if JJ or MAYE or whoever, its up to him , the coaching staff and players to keep that support by making the next step improvements organization wide.   I believe we are on that path, ultimately time will tell as also stated.   

5 hours ago, Bobref said:

Do you support mental health initiatives in our High School, College, and Pro Sports?  Because after all the other nonsense, this what it comes down to here, Kid breaks down after an emotional loss, seeks comfort with 2 parents, then gets vilified for it by folks here in Indiana and nation wide, when I say good for him and I didn't think anything of it at the time well before Bears got the 1st pick and even more so now.     

Ultimately that is what this current conversation is about, the player himself said it, whether anyone gives it a second notion, that is on you all, but for me, I believe in the impact of negative mental health and its performance on the field.  Why are many College, Pro orgs hiring full staffs for this very thing?  

I sat in at the IFCA state football clinic with Jake Gilbert and his DC now current HC, Josh Miracle along with 3rd party mental health program they have started for the Rocks,  It was phenomenal and I took alot of great things from that session.  

Sadly, not sure in this thread or not, but there are those sentiments that these conversations and actions of these players make them WEAK and add in all the other macho nonsense that still gets spewed out there, again, Sadly.   

Nick Hardwick:  He was pretty decent:  https://www.wishtv.com/news/health-spotlight/former-nfl-player-tackles-mental-health-with-men-of-westfield/

Here is former Westfield HS assistant Coach who started this company and this is what Westfield is doing right now in conjunction with a Psychology teacher who is now an volunteer coach on staff, she is vital role on staff for their mental health and pulls kids off at practice to discuss different things if needed by inventory the players take via emails I believe.   https://www.mentaltrainingplan.com/

Here is TIkTOk from the owner and how he started this with Westfield QBs in 2018.  https://www.tiktok.com/@coachbencarnes/video/7346703290031279402

12 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Do you support mental health initiatives in our High School, College, and Pro Sports?  Because after all the other nonsense, this what it comes down to here, Kid breaks down after an emotional loss, seeks comfort with 2 parents, then gets vilified for it by folks here in Indiana and nation wide, when I say good for him and I didn't think anything of it at the time well before Bears got the 1st pick and even more so now.     

Ultimately that is what this current conversation is about, the player himself said it, whether anyone gives it a second notion, that is on you all, but for me, I believe in the impact of negative mental health and its performance on the field.  Why are many College, Pro orgs hiring full staffs for this very thing?  

I sat in at the IFCA state football clinic with Jake Gilbert and his DC now current HC, Josh Miracle along with 3rd party mental health program they have started for the Rocks,  It was phenomenal and I took alot of great things from that session.  

Sadly, not sure in this thread or not, but there are those sentiments that these conversations and actions of these players make them WEAK and add in all the other macho nonsense that still gets spewed out there, again, Sadly.   

Nick Hardwick:  He was pretty decent:  https://www.wishtv.com/news/health-spotlight/former-nfl-player-tackles-mental-health-with-men-of-westfield/

Here is former Westfield HS assistant Coach who started this company and this is what Westfield is doing right now in conjunction with a Psychology teacher who is now an volunteer coach on staff, she is vital role on staff for their mental health and pulls kids off at practice to discuss different things if needed by inventory the players take via emails I believe.   https://www.mentaltrainingplan.com/

Here is TIkTOk from the owner and how he started this with Westfield QBs in 2018.  https://www.tiktok.com/@coachbencarnes/video/7346703290031279402

I am never going to take a crap on the importance of mental health but I think the high school to college comparison doesn't fit.  Once these college athletes became "adults" and are now basically PAID EMPLOYEES, scrutiny on and off their field of play is going to follow.  Is it fair?  No, probably not.  But we need to spend more time educating our youth (well before high school preferably, but at the very least when they are IN high school) about the pitfalls that come along with stardom.

Social media is an absolute trap that many youngsters fall into and it has become an avenue for every aspect of a teen's life to be evaluated, overanalyzed, scrutinized, etc under anonymity.  

Which brings us back to Williams.  Is he a kid?  Is he an adult?  Society deems one an adult at 18 with the right to vote, etc...

Obviously some common ground that we can all agree upon is that kids and adults should be treated differently and their "mistakes" should be evaluated individually.  Williams is an easy target and while I have made my feelings/predictions known about his behavior, he would not be the first, nor last to prove me right or wrong.  

With so much money involved in both levels of sport now, humility is disappearing and the priorities of young folks are changing.  They have adults, often the wrong ones, in their ears.

Rant over.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

ZERO

expand quote to see specific questions answered

So if he cried behind closed door with his teammates then he gets a pass, but because Mom / Dad right there, because he explained the raw emotion in the presser I posted, still makes him a poor leader.  Got it.   

I have stated many times over, the Chicago Bears have been a fine financial investment option for me and that continues today as well.   Since 1986, only 16 different teams of the 32, so if Math is hard, that is only HALF the league in the last 4 decades have been Super Bowl Champions......so sensitive nope, merely pointed out the fact to some of our friends in this thread who have already assumed so much about the Caleb Williams that there is the other side of the coin that I believe I have successfully pointed out with you know actual NFL pedigree folks, backed up with STATS of the original twitter thread I showed, still not sure if you actually invested in reading that or not, plus a former players and current NFL analyst for the mothership network feeling on it.  

At the end of the day, whether its the 2024 Draft, the 2025 draft, the 2020 draft, etc, its a RISK business, there will be a risk of taking CW 1st, just like it would be if you trade out of the spot and all the other scenarios.   I think it is just pure lazy opinions spouted on here about the shortcomings according to some which is nothing more than a regurgitation of headlines across social media and other yappy shows filling way too much time for way too much content they have to create.   

I started many posts ago stating that RYAN POLES has earned my trust in what he is doing, so far we know for a fact, he prioritized resetting the QB clock over JF extension.  That tells me with his staff they have decided that they are going to be as good or better position with this mode regardless of the new QB they draft.    Thats what we know right now.,    It seems as CW is the consensus pick from just about everyone, so perhaps thats what happens, if it does, he will get my full support, just like I would if JJ or MAYE or whoever, its up to him , the coaching staff and players to keep that support by making the next step improvements organization wide.   I believe we are on that path, ultimately time will tell as also stated.   

Not a fan of you putting words in my mouth coach.  First you insinuate I tabbed Williams with the term "Loser" now in this rant, you use the term "Poor Leader".  Neither of were in print from me, so thanks for restraining your comments about my intentions with labeling Williams.

I never used either of those terms and you know that.  Obviously, I have struck emotion.

I share this example as to whether or not would capture his locker room at the pro level if repeated, which is far different than outright calling him a poor leader.  Is this enough to have some pause?  For me, along with other recent actions on social media does cause pause.

But hey...just sharing my "lazy" opinion.  Which at the end of the day means very little...except obviously to you.  Why, I have no idea.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bobref said:

Generational stereotype?  Perhaps for sports...although I haven't seen it a ton.  As I mentioned earlier, clearly not a taught or expected leadership trait for younger military leaders, especially in combat units.  

On 3/25/2024 at 6:09 AM, Bash Riprock said:

I am an older guy....I am thinking well before 1999 when he took over the helm.  Unless one believes Bob Avellini was an all pro....  😉  Jim McMahon was the last Bears QB I've been excited about, and I wouldn't have called him great.

Awesome you have your faith in Caleb Williams.  The way I saw him perform in big games this season, including crying to his parents in a big game that went bad for him, doesn't have me full of confidence.  But, I have been wrong plenty of times...may be pleasantly surprised.  

Negative statement on why you feel CW is not going to be successful  

On 4/1/2024 at 11:17 AM, Bash Riprock said:

I am not anti-McCarthy...just discussing if the Rose Bowl (single game) was enough to vault him higher up the draft.

I am with you on Williams...that is why my earlier comments about him to another member questioned his leadership abilities.  When SC lost to Washington and he went over and cried to his parents in the stands, that did not capture the essence of leadership...as least for me.

Clear cut statement that you do believe in his leadership ability,  

Yes you didn't call him a loser, correct, you have questioned his leadership citing only thing as crying on national tv after a loss.   

Not a fan of you putting words in my mouth coach.  First you insinuate I tabbed Williams with the term "Loser" now in this rant, you use the term "Poor Leader".  Neither of were in print from me, so thanks for restraining your comments about my intentions with labeling Williams.

I never used either of those terms and you know that.  Obviously, I have struck emotion.

I share this example as to whether or not would capture his locker room at the pro level if repeated, which is far different than outright calling him a poor leader.  Is this enough to have some pause?  For me, along with other recent actions on social media does cause pause.

But hey...just sharing my "lazy" opinion.  Which at the end of the day means very little...except obviously to you.  Why, I have no idea.

See above, you inferred this, YES< you win, sir, you did not type "POOR LEADER". you implied a through and through 

"did not capture essence of leadership for me".   Your opinion, however, that is a negative statment clearly implying that moment was not up to snuff for you and you inferred questioning his leadership ability.   

"stuck a nerve comments".  I am too emotional comment.  

Lets address this: 

So.  I come on this thread about Bears, I read from @Bash Riprockand @temptation commentary on why you both think and have poked at CW as a football player with his poor performance in 1 game, (I showed a thread of other GREAT QBs having a bad college game to debunk that narrative regurgitated from the national clicks and now I have provided a throughal counter point questioning his "crying' his leadership from others who are far more connected to this guy, college and football overall than any of us here. 

Because I have done that, I am now obsessed with your opinion because I have a different one and have shown with other sources why your opinion could be rooted in falsehood from a negative national media narrative.    Exactly why I posted the Herbie clip from McAfee from a few days ago, sums exactly what happens for guys like... Caleb Williams.  and wait for it..a guy like Zach Edey..... and of course a gal like Caitlin Clark

Those 3 players are the BEST players in their respective sports, both you can argue have been the BEST for 2 consecutive years.   Because of that, they are targets for negative clickbait gotta fill space and make money articles and narratives to discredit they work they have done on the field so that content is available to make money.   I feel like yourself and temptation have followed those narratives, which I used the world Lazy..   that is my opinion on it.    I view this threw a different lens you have and that is fine too, but to dismiss all the info I have provided as me somehow rage posting in this scenario is just not accurate.   

Also, I shall note, if this conversation was being had with Temp, Bash, Bob, and myself with those tasty Pepsi's that can be found coming out of a tasty tap then you would find that the conversation would be your typical sport chat amongst pals

Dudes talking sports if you will.   Assumptions of tones in message boards continue to misconstrue messages being delivered.  

5 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Also, I shall note, if this conversation was being had with Temp, Bash, Bob, and myself with those tasty Pepsi's that can be found coming out of a tasty tap then you would find that the conversation would be your typical sport chat amongst pals

Dudes talking sports if you will.   Assumptions of tones in message boards continue to misconstrue messages being delivered.  

Agreed. I won't hold it against Bob when he's loving the Bears offense with CW and a stable of capable WR's. 😄

I think you hit the nail on the head with one sentence from a previous post. This wasn't CW vs. JF. The Bears ultimately decided to restart the clock on the QB cap hit instead of giving JF an extension. They identitifed CW has being the best QB phyiscally and then spent MONTHS vetting his character. Poles told all of his scouts to ask questions about CW when talking to prospects from Oklahoma and USC. The interview of Kingsbury also served as a vetting process into CW and his father. All the Bears were able to discover was that he is a very well liked kid by teammates and coaches and his father is never seen at football facilities. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-draft-what-we-learned-from-caleb-williams-pro-day-as-potential-no-1-pick-throws-for-nfl-teams/

Did any other QB. have their pro day aired live on NFL network?  I honestly do not know but wanted to post what some of t shirt throws looked like and general positive reports (I mean, there will never be a negative pro day highlighted and shown imo) 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Yes you didn't call him a loser, correct, you have questioned his leadership citing only thing as crying on national tv after a loss.   

See above, you inferred this, YES< you win, sir, you did not type "POOR LEADER". you implied a through and through 

"did not capture essence of leadership for me".   Your opinion, however, that is a negative statment clearly implying that moment was not up to snuff for you and you inferred questioning his leadership ability.   

Lets address this: 

So.  I come on this thread about Bears, I read from @Bash Riprockand @temptation commentary on why you both think and have poked at CW as a football player with his poor performance in 1 game, (I showed a thread of other GREAT QBs having a bad college game to debunk that narrative regurgitated from the national clicks and now I have provided a throughal counter point questioning his "crying' his leadership from others who are far more connected to this guy, college and football overall than any of us here. 

Because I have done that, I am now obsessed with your opinion because I have a different one and have shown with other sources why your opinion could be rooted in falsehood from a negative national media narrative.    Exactly why I posted the Herbie clip from McAfee from a few days ago, sums exactly what happens for guys like... Caleb Williams.  and wait for it..a guy like Zach Edey..... and of course a gal like Caitlin Clark

Those 3 players are the BEST players in their respective sports, both you can argue have been the BEST for 2 consecutive years.   Because of that, they are targets for negative clickbait gotta fill space and make money articles and narratives to discredit they work they have done on the field so that content is available to make money.   I feel like yourself and temptation have followed those narratives, which I used the world Lazy..   that is my opinion on it.    I view this threw a different lens you have and that is fine too, but to dismiss all the info I have provided as me somehow rage posting in this scenario is just not accurate.   

Why are our "narratives" click bait whereas what McAfee and Herbstreit say is the gospel?  Can't pick and choose.

I long ago gave up on ESPN to provide unbiased journalism so I am not sure why I am now supposed to simply blindly believe their "reporting" and opinion pieces.

I watched enough college football this season with my educated eyes to make an informed opinion.  I don't need others to form one for me.

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Lets address this: 

I am beginning to think you might just be CW's agent......

I am going to be a clear as i can....yes, some of William's past actions...have me question his maturity and overall leadership abilities and readiness.  Questioning is not stating.  Questioning causes me pause.  Your Bears GM may feel totally opposite.

Glad Herbie and McAfee are on board...but I bet if you use your favorite search engine, you will find others that have on and off-the field concerns.  I am not sure I agree based on CW's performance last year an unbiased person would call him the best of his sport over the past 2 seasons....especially last season.

That being said...hope you are correct and he's a great selection for your Bears.  While I have pause due to concerns with leadership, doesn't mean the other decision-makers that count do.  Again, not so sure why you are fixated on my thoughts.

Good luck running the CW fan club....you never know...I may seek you out for membership information in the future.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/caleb-williams-doesnt-talk-media-following-ucla-loss-draft/

Williams is confident. That much is clear when he does interviews. As talented as he is, he has every reason to be confident. But we’ve seen confidence devolve when circumstances change at the NFL level, and that mental swing can be hard to recover from.

When the meter turns, and it’s Williams’ turn to stand in front of the media after a tough loss, NFL evaluators will want to know if he can avoid controversy, preserve the team’s focus, and keep his own mental composure.

Those concerns, as irrational and unvalidated as they may be at this point, are real among NFL decision-makers, who are charged with mitigating risk just as much as acquiring franchise-changing talent. For that reason, they can’t be dismissed.

Teams in contention for the top quarterbacks in the 2024 NFL Draft class may look at Maye on the other side of the aisle and see a QB who more closely exemplifies what they look for in a “face of the franchise” entity.

Whether that’s right or wrong, things like front-facing composure, mental fortitude, and focus can make a difference for personnel executives and coaches who will be working with these QBs day in and day out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Pepsi.  Yuck.   

Coca-Cola or not at all.

Posted (edited)

What would constitute a successful rookie season for young Mr. Williams in the NFL?  For me it would to start every game and the Bears make the playoffs.  If one of those doesn't happen he will be a failure.  With all the hype I've read such an outcome is certainly possible.

Edited by Muda69
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What would constitute a successful rookie season for young Mr. Williams in the NFL?  For me it would to start every game and the Bears make the playoffs.  If one of those doesn't happen he will be a failure.  With all the hype I've read such an outcome is certainly possible.

Seems ambitious but as mentioned above, I am far from an NFL guy.

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

Seems ambitious but as mentioned above, I am far from an NFL guy.

I thought starting all 17 regular season games and a playoff berth are now the normally expected goals of a first round QB, especially the #1 pick.

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I thought starting all 17 regular season games and a playoff berth are now the normally expected goals of a first round QB, especially the #1 pick.

huge learning curve in year one for any drafted QB...including year 1.  I don't thnk Manning took the Colts to the playoffs in year 1.  He also has to have the tools around him.  

7 hours ago, temptation said:

Why are our "narratives" click bait whereas what McAfee and Herbstreit say is the gospel?  Can't pick and choose.

I long ago gave up on ESPN to provide unbiased journalism so I am not sure why I am now supposed to simply blindly believe their "reporting" and opinion pieces.

I watched enough college football this season with my educated eyes to make an informed opinion.  I don't need others to form one for me.

For me, the sources of the information coming out matter.   For instance, would I tend take what Colin Cowherd or Skip Bayless opinion on CW or would I think former College/NFL greats who are still involved in the business opiniion when it comes to leadership, player performance, attitude etc? 

And I believe when you say your watching of college football and that is fine

Once again, watching the headlines last 2 weeks get out of control during the time period of Combine to Draft where the majority of these "hit" pieces generates from is what caused me to comment in this thread in the first point with a counterpoint opposite of yours and others opinion on CW, the player, person, leader.  

5 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Pepsi.  Yuck.   

Coca-Cola or not at all.

You know, fact was, I put COKE first, because yes, its clear cut, however, since it was tenuous discussion, felt the need to put a poor leader of beverages, a beverage with no skill, leadership, and other negative traits out there for that reaction.  Felt it was needed.   No argument, Coca-Cola over all 

5 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I agree with this:   Reason:  unlike every other Chicago Bears rookie QB, they actually will have surrounded him with actual bonafide NFL offensive players to throw and hand the ball off to along with a skilled, productive defense.   Those are the reasons why I believe they can make the playoffs with him as a ROOKIE QB.  Won't be easy with the division on the upswing, and health and OL development is still paramount, but the bears organization as a whole is in far better shape with roster, talent, cap space and skill then previous 10 years.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

For me, the sources of the information coming out matter.   For instance, would I tend take what Colin Cowherd or Skip Bayless opinion on CW or would I think former College/NFL greats who are still involved in the business opiniion when it comes to leadership, player performance, attitude etc? 

And I believe when you say your watching of college football and that is fine

Once again, watching the headlines last 2 weeks get out of control during the time period of Combine to Draft where the majority of these "hit" pieces generates from is what caused me to comment in this thread in the first point with a counterpoint opposite of yours and others opinion on CW, the player, person, leader.  

You know, fact was, I put COKE first, because yes, its clear cut, however, since it was tenuous discussion, felt the need to put a poor leader of beverages, a beverage with no skill, leadership, and other negative traits out there for that reaction.  Felt it was needed.   No argument, Coca-Cola over all 

I agree with this:   Reason:  unlike every other Chicago Bears rookie QB, they actually will have surrounded him with actual bonafide NFL offensive players to throw and hand the ball off to along with a skilled, productive defense.   Those are the reasons why I believe they can make the playoffs with him as a ROOKIE QB.  Won't be easy with the division on the upswing, and health and OL development is still paramount, but the bears organization as a whole is in far better shape with roster, talent, cap space and skill then previous 10 years.  

I guess I see your point but there are just so many fluff pieces and copy and paste type quotes said by media members and other folks who simply want to toe the line and avoid controversy that it makes my head spin.  

I don’t have time to comb through who is genuine and who has marching orders from their bosses.

There are countless examples of athletes who are forced down our throats by certain individuals more so than others.  I’ll continue to form my own opinion based on what I see.

Great thing about this debate is that eventually the results on the field will prove one of us right.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, temptation said:

I

Great thing about this debate is that eventually the results on the field will prove one of us right.

whats the winner get 😃

I predict a tie!!!!   It would be classic Chicago Bears and still an option on the results table !!