• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
    • DK_Barons

Corrupt files   07/26/2017

The server files for the forum were lost early in the morning 26,July 2017.   I restored the forum but using a fresh install of the forum software but we lost all of the images stored on the server. The way I see it... no big deal as it gives us a fresh start.   Over the next couple days I will restore the images I have saved for the forum. but I do not have everyone personal image. You can easily restore that yourself. Any pictures shared in a post that were stored here are also gone... again a fresh start of no clutter.    I just wanted to let you know what was going on. This will display until 1, Sept 2017.

Titan32    589
43 minutes ago, dave mosbey said:

That's crazy I  only pay 4.99 per month for my Evansville Courier Digital Subscription and you can get the entire newspaper....

Well $35 is the case when you don't take their paper.  I think the add-on for digital to an existing subscription was like $5.

Most places let you do the 1 day access or something...that is what I was hoping for.

oldtimeqb    80
23 hours ago, JQWL said:

He was the OC at McCutcheon High School for the past 2 years. I think an assistant at Boonville before that but don't quote me.

I had heard he was from the Warrick County area and had family still there.  He had been coaching "up north" the last few years and was trying to get back.  

Seems to confirm what you said.  Thanks.    

War Daddy    74

That's a tough place to make a living, but somebodies got to do it.

NorthKnox94    34

I know he was the OC at McCutcheon...not sure about Booneville!  I think NK is going to do some 7 on 7 with them!

Titan32    589

Someone needs to stir the pot in here! :56:

It was a nice attempt early on by my friend from Memorial....but we can do better!

Titan32    589

HH new strength coach @ZollmanStrength looks like the real deal.  I am sure he will impact the program significantly.

Looks like he had good results at CE.

Edited by Titan32
  • Upvote 2

Titan32    589

Looks like NP got one too (PE teacher/school wide strength coach)....I don't know his name off the top of my head though.

• Upvote 1

Cappy    121
On May 31, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Titan32 said:

Looks like NP got one too (PE teacher/school wide strength coach)....I don't know his name off the top of my head though.

Yes, I heard we hired Louie Simmons as a strength coach. We also hired Victor Conte as a program nutritionist, and Ryan Flaherty as a speed coach/injury prevention guru. Exciting times in Northern Posey County:01:

hhpatriot04    339
On 5/31/2017 at 7:11 PM, Titan32 said:

HH new strength coach @ZollmanStrength looks like the real deal.  I am sure he will impact the program significantly.

Looks like he had good results at CE.

The late Tom Goldsberry ran the conditioning program at Heritage Hills. Mundy took that role when Goldsberry retired after the 2001 season. Mundy knew his stuff and was a huge reason why Heritage Hills produced so many strong and agile players from 2000 until he left (around 2009?) to go teach for the US armed forces in Korea and now Bahrain.

There are many socioeconomic factors that have changed in the area, as well. But I'm happy to see Heritage Hills is addressing the need for an experienced strength coach, who will likely benefit all athletes especially in track and football.

• Upvote 1

Titan32    589
17 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

The late Tom Goldsberry ran the conditioning program at Heritage Hills. Mundy took that role when Goldsberry retired after the 2001 season. Mundy knew his stuff and was a huge reason why Heritage Hills produced so many strong and agile players from 2000 until he left (around 2009?) to go teach for the US armed forces in Korea and now Bahrain.

There are many socioeconomic factors that have changed in the area, as well. But I'm happy to see Heritage Hills is addressing the need for an experienced strength coach, who will likely benefit all athletes especially in track and football.

Hey Chris....Nice to see you!

hhpatriot04    339
5 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Hey Chris....Nice to see you!

I'll be visiting home around mid October, hopefully I can make it to a game. 

I would watch or listen, I'm 7-8 hours ahead here, so that's not possible. 

I need to bribe someone for a Hudl login. Lol

• Upvote 1

Yak    68
On 6/3/2017 at 9:28 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

I had the privilege of getting to know this man in a very short window. I really enjoyed his stories and passion for HH football. He had some great insites on motivation and strength training as well as thoughts on recruiting. Some days we just talked about fishing and his grandsons. Like him or leave him, you always knew where he stood. Fish'on Tom!

• Upvote 2

Titan32    589
On 12/21/2016 at 9:58 AM, Titan32 said:

After losing PAC MVP/ALL-SW Indiana MVP QB Isaac Sellers to a collar bone injury during the last game of the 2016 regular season, as well as all PAC/ ALL Area tackle leading (96) LB Trace Matsel to a concussion.  GS will welcome their return in 2017 for their Senior Seasons.  

Gibson Southern will field 23 Seniors this season including but not limited to:

·         PAC MVP/ALL-SW Indiana MVP QB Isaac Sellers

·         AP All State and All PAC OL Ryan Sensmeier

·         IFCA All State and All PAC DB Bailey Neufelder

·         All PAC and All Area RB Dylan Stefanich

·         All PAC and All Area DL Kalob Stuessel

·         All PAC and All Area LB Trace Matsel

·         All Area WR Wes Obermeier                  

·         Tackle for loss leader with (12) DL Devin Mills

http://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/06/05/titans-obermeier-receives-offer-ball-state/102531340/

Edited by Titan32
  • Upvote 1

Titan32    589
44 minutes ago, Captain Cabinets said:

Just go ahead and hand GS the trophy!  :49:

Oh sweetie....simmer down....it's just calpreps.  Come here and I'll give you a hug!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Oh sweetie....simmer down....it's just calpreps.  Come here and I'll give you a hug!

Ahhh shucks, you really know how to make a guy feel better. :66:This thread really is dead.

Titan32    589
2 minutes ago, Captain Cabinets said:

Ahhh shucks, you really know how to make a guy feel better. :66:This thread really is dead.

I know man....I'm trying to kick it up!  Thanks for doing your part buddy!

PatriotFan    22

I think that Southridge may be really strong this year and give GS a challenge.  As for us.....it is my understand that with the people that have quit we are down to under 40 on the varsity roster.  Much hearsay but, I understand no freshman team and one middle school team.  With that, I think we will be ok, as we have some talented guys, but fresh legs may be few and far between.  I am hopeful.  It'll be interesting.  I am ready now!

VIP    22
18 hours ago, PatriotFan said:

I think that Southridge may be really strong this year and give GS a challenge.  As for us.....it is my understand that with the people that have quit we are down to under 40 on the varsity roster.  Much hearsay but, I understand no freshman team and one middle school team.  With that, I think we will be ok, as we have some talented guys, but fresh legs may be few and far between.  I am hopeful.  It'll be interesting.  I am ready now!

Wowza!  What in the world is going on that has kids quitting?

Titan20    86

In an effort to kick this thread up and continue Pac Fan's idea from last year.

2017 Predicted Champs         2nd place

7th grade - GS                             SR

8th grade - GS                             TC

Freshman - GS                            SR

JV - GS                                        SR / HH

Varsity - GS                                  SR

• Upvote 1

Titan32    589
4 minutes ago, AllThingsThruChrist said:

Southridge vs GS will be a battle.  I'm leaning towards SR.  

Any reason why?  Are there player combinations you like?  Perhaps numbers of returning starters?  JV records?  All Conference, Area or State players?  I'm not trying to be a jerk...just like to get some dialogue going...you might make a great case for your thoughts!

• Upvote 1

^^^*no just thought it would kick up the thread.  Both teams are well coached and talented.  Hope GS plays at HH round 1 of sectionals.  

• Upvote 1

Cappy    121
2 hours ago, AllThingsThruChrist said:

^^^*no just thought it would kick up the thread.  Both teams are well coached and talented.  Hope GS plays at HH round 1 of sectionals.  

I'm hoping for a GS vs HH sectional championship!

• Upvote 3