• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
    • DK_Barons

Corrupt files   07/26/2017

The server files for the forum were lost early in the morning 26,July 2017.   I restored the forum but using a fresh install of the forum software but we lost all of the images stored on the server. The way I see it... no big deal as it gives us a fresh start.   Over the next couple days I will restore the images I have saved for the forum. but I do not have everyone personal image. You can easily restore that yourself. Any pictures shared in a post that were stored here are also gone... again a fresh start of no clutter.    I just wanted to let you know what was going on. This will display until 1, Sept 2017.
Sign in to follow this  
Lebowski

2017 Hoosiers

Irishman    1,630

I was not able to see it. Kind of disappointed that it was on a Thursday night. I am watching the pres conference with Jon Gruden, who was there for the game, and have to admit seeing him on that podium in IU gear is something to see. He has a lot of great things to say about the coaches and the where the program is right now.

• Upvote 3

believe78    7

Liked what I saw from the hoosiers. Watched it live and again last night on DVR. Thought both QBs had some nice throws (Ramsey to TE Ian Thomas for a TD, Lagow to Simmie Cobbs Jr. in the Honey Hole vs Cov. 2, those were my favorites).

Lagow had the pick against Rashard Fant. Looked like a miscommunication on the route by someone followed by a bad throw, just a horrendous offensive play. Happens. 

Really believe Fant is going to get the best of Qs all year, guy is special is coverage, as long as he stays healthy. Saw were he got injured later in the game during a violent collision with Brookins (Terre Haute North). Haven't really been able to catch the extent of his injury. 

TEAM Defensive potential is really exciting, lots of experience and production back. Offensively, I'm excited to see how things pan out.

Really like the energy and message Tom Allen brought. Talked a ton about compete and finish (the finish part being an issue last year). Competed for steak or hotdog dinner, split up the 1s, 2s, 3s etc. evenly., etc. All great things. 

Glad to see them treat it as a game and get into as many situations as the could, even got an overtime period. That's some great situational football for April.

A big question is who gonna kick? Oaks (Greenwood) looks like his confidence is sunk. 

Overall, excited about this TEAMs potential, could be a really exciting year in Bloomington. 

Cool to see Coach Gruden there and hear his stories about Btown and comments on the program. Pumped about the South end zone project, going to make the game day atmostsphere pretty cool. 

Go Hoosiers!

• Upvote 1

EasyEJay    37
On 4/14/2017 at 10:51 AM, Lebowski said:

Anybody watch the Spring game?  

Thought Peyton Ramsey did a great job.

Tough kid, from a powerhouse program in Cincy Elder could play a role similar to what Zander had last year then be handed the reins next year that gives 3 years as a starter and security at a very important position that IU can continue to recruit the athletes to put around him. I think this kid could have a bright future for the Hoosiers. 

Lebowski    1,602
25 minutes ago, EasyEJay said:

Tough kid, from a powerhouse program in Cincy Elder could play a role similar to what Zander had last year then be handed the reins next year that gives 3 years as a starter and security at a very important position that IU can continue to recruit the athletes to put around him. I think this kid could have a bright future for the Hoosiers. 

The Dude abides.  Time will tell though.  

Muda69    2,976

Hoosier lose highly rated hometown talent:  http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2017/06/12/bloomington-south-running-back-decommits-iu/389191001/

Two months after committing to Indiana, Bloomington South running back Kristian Pechac announced Monday he would be reopening his recruitment. 

Rated as a 4-star recruit by Scout, Pechac took to Twitter to announce his decommitment. 

"After a lot of consideration I have made the decision to decommit from Indiana University and reopen my recruitment process," Pechac posted via Twitter. "Thank you to Coach Allen and the rest of the IU staff for the opportunity to be a Hoosier."

Pechac is the son of IU football director of player development Mike Pechac. He ran for 2,030 yards and 28 touchdowns in his junior year at Bloomington South and was the highest rated player in IU's 2017 class.

His was the first offer IU coach Tom Allen made when promoted to head coach in December, and Pechac verbally committed April 8.

“I think it’s a great place," he said to the Herald-Times when he committed. "I’ve loved it for the last two years, so I don’t see my mind changing over the next four years. I look forward to all four of them.”

IU is now down to three commits in the 2017 class.

Wow, to lose a recruit who just happens to also be the son of an football program employee.    

Harsh.

Lebowski    1,602
27 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Hoosier lose highly rated hometown talent:  http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2017/06/12/bloomington-south-running-back-decommits-iu/389191001/

Wow, to lose a recruit who just happens to also be the son of an football program employee.    

Harsh.

What's harsh about it? 

Muda69    2,976
5 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

What's harsh about it? 

You don't think it is jarring to the program to lose a commitment from a recruit, a recruit who just happens to go to a local high school and whose parent works for the program?

• Upvote 1

Lebowski    1,602
2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

You don't think it is jarring to the program to lose a commitment from a recruit, a recruit who just happens to go to a local high school and whose parent works for the program?

No.  Not at all.  Early commits come and go.  It happens a lot.  The Dude will say that the Dude thought he was a solid commit, though.  Because of factors you mentioned.  Something had to have happened for him to decommit.  Regardless, IUFB probably isn't 'jarred' and will continue business as usual on recruiting student-athletes.  

Best of luck to him during the recruitment process.  He's very fortunate to have the opportunity to do so.  The Dude hopes he even might reconsider and continue to play 812FB!

itiswhatitis    423

Tough task for the new head coach:  first game of the year against Ohio State.  Recently these games have been close between these 2 teams.  However, I have a feeling it won't be this year.  I think the defense will play better than the offense but don't think they'll be able to keep up on the scoreboard with the Buckeyes.

Andy G    224
On 6/12/2017 at 3:10 PM, Lebowski said:

No.  Not at all.  Early commits come and go.  It happens a lot.  The Dude will say that the Dude thought he was a solid commit, though.  Because of factors you mentioned.  Something had to have happened for him to decommit.  Regardless, IUFB probably isn't 'jarred' and will continue business as usual on recruiting student-athletes.  

Best of luck to him during the recruitment process.  He's very fortunate to have the opportunity to do so.  The Dude hopes he even might reconsider and continue to play 812FB!

We can say "harsh" if he commits to Purdue or ND, especially Purdue. 

Lebowski    1,602
1 minute ago, Andy G said:

We can say "harsh" if he commits to Purdue or ND, especially Purdue. 

Not really.  He'll still need a line to block for him!  ;-)