• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
acerunner

Parents or players thoughts on D3

6 posts in this topic

Franklin, Hanover and Manchester...Does anyone have useful information that they can pass on about the programs.

Two of my son's final 3 are Franklin and Manchester.  I'm also his coach.  I've really enjoyed visiting Manchester it seems they do a good job recruiting and running the program.  The coaches are personal and professional.  I like the fact that they tell the kids to not make their decisions based on football alone.  I've been telling kids going to small schools the same thing for 20 years.  

Full disclosure on this one.... I've known Mike Leonard for nearly 25 years.  He is truly as good a guy as he appears.  The real deal.  He's obviously built a solid program that will be in the playoffs and/or conference champion more years than they aren't.

Hanover... I don't know.  He was accepted with the top academic award.  We reached out to the staff said they would come to visit and never did.  Since we were happy with the other 3 we never pursued it any further.

I think the schools are all good ones.  Go for the least expensive.

First remember that D3 football is different from what college football is on TV. 

Do your research and check out everything, academics, football, campus life, campus activities, etc. There are several very good D3 programs in Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin.  You can do a lot of research on line and then go visit. 

All D3 programs are looking to fill their rosters, so expect a lot of freshmen, some programs bring in over 60, and the wash out rate is at least 50%.  Check to see how many upper classman are in the program. 

Enjoy the search, my son played 4 years of D3 college football and enjoyed it, but had his eyes opened on many aspects of the D3 game.

My daughter is a sophmore at Franklin playing softball. Good friends son is a Jr on the football team. As stated Leonard is the real deal as a Coach and a person. I like their program, and they are definitely competitive. 

I will repeat CoachK5, be prepared for a huge freshman class. They will find out how much you really love the game. Most can't handle not being the star like in HS. Don't let the D3 moniker fool you. There are very good players at the D3 level. Good Luck in your decision making. Like the school first!

As a current player of Hanover, I can tell you this program is on the rise. Doubling our wins from 2015 season is pretty good. Coach Theo is doing a great job here. As for the academics, its extremely tough. People who were stars in high school classrooms tend to be the upper middle here. Its rigorous but a great education. If your son has not yet decided where he will be playing, come on a visit. I'm sorry the coaches fell through on that visit. They are very busy people and i wouldnt judge them based on that. 

I did the HCAC tour while being recruited ended up at Mt St Joe (actually closer from Indy than Manchester just a straight shot down 74 and on the west side of Cincy), I would encourage you to look at all of them all have good things about their programs both academically and from a football stand point.