• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/19/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted    Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach  Cloverdale: Tony Meyer  New Albany: Sean Coultis Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant  Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wheeler:  Tony Klimzack  Adam Hudak Hired from Lake Station  Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones Brian Hooker Promoted  
TCfootball70

Triton Central Upgrading Facilities

41 posts in this topic

How are these improvements being funded?  One would hope out of donations and fundraising instead of raiding the taxpayer-provided education fund.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

How are these improvements being funded?  One would hope out of donations and fundraising instead of raiding the taxpayer-provided education fund.

There was an earlier article that said these renovations are not affecting the district's levy at all. 

Edited by TCfootball70
Grammar

5 minutes ago, TCfootball70 said:

There was an earlier article that said these renovations are not affecting the district's levy at all. 

Thank you, but that really doesn't answer the question.

Well Muda, hopefully this answers your questions. This project is much more than football. It involves Football, soccer, band, track, youth league sports, parking logistics, bus logistics, etc. etc. This is being built not just for the school but for the community as well. It's slightly different than some other schools in that way.  http://www.shelbynews.com/news/article_86133319-1cc2-5a35-9ee5-67b72e1f0126.html

Congrats to Coach Able and his program! I was recently at Triton Central for a basketball tournament and their Fieldhouse is very nice. I was thinking to myself I wonder when they will do something to their football field. Guess they already had it in the works. 

Muda aren't you a supporter of local control of schools?

On 3/17/2017 at 5:57 PM, Coach_G said:

Muda aren't you a supporter of local control of schools?

Yes I am.  I am also a supporter of the concept that taxpayer monies not be used to fund or improve facilities primary used for extracurricular activities, like sports, band, etc.

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yes I am.  I am also a supporter of the concept that taxpayer monies not be used to fund or improve facilities primary used for extracurricular activities, like sports, band, etc.

Did you know that it's a proven fact that kids that participate in extracurricular activities get better grades than those who don't?  Why wouldn't tax payer money be used to promote all facilities that make up the educational process or at least help it?  Whether it be the library, weight room, auditorium, band room, gym, or football field?

9 minutes ago, gowesdel said:

Did you know that it's a proven fact that kids that participate in extracurricular activities get better grades than those who don't?  Why wouldn't tax payer money be used to promote all facilities that make up the educational process or at least help it?  Whether it be the library, weight room, auditorium, band room, gym, or football field?

Please look up the definition of the word 'extracurricular' and get back with me.  Taxpayer monies should not be used to fund activities/facilities beyond the core academic mission a government school is charged with providing.

18 minutes ago, gowesdel said:

An example of confusing the concepts of correlation and causation.

8 minutes ago, bobref said:

An example of confusing the concepts of correlation and causation.

I've known many of students who would not have graduated high school if they didn't participate in extracurricular activities.  It's what kept them going.  They may have only gotten C's but at least they graduated.  However you want to spin-it bobref, take away funding for those activities and facilities, which leads to these activities being abolished, and see what happens.......the "core academic mission" the school is charged with providing will take a step backward....... 

4 minutes ago, gowesdel said:

I've known many of students who would not have graduated high school if they didn't participate in extracurricular activities.  It's what kept them going.  They may have only gotten C's but at least they graduated.  However you want to spin-it bobref, take away funding for those activities and facilities, which leads to these activities being abolished, and see what happens.......the "core academic mission" the school is charged with providing will take a step backward....... 

So you believe the core mission of a government school is to provide extracurricular activities to all of it's prospective students?

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So you believe the core mission of a government school is to provide extracurricular activities to all of it's prospective students?

No.  I believe the core mission of a government school is to provide an education and anything they can do to help the student be successful in the classroom (whether it be a nice new computer lab, or a new football field) should be a priority.  It ultimately benefits society when a child is successful (for some students, success means a "C", for others, it may mean an "A").

Really a pretty simple concept Muda (aka spin-doctor).  I never came close to saying I thought the core mission of a school was simply to provide extracurricular activities for all prospective students.  You're worse than the major news networks.......

2 minutes ago, gowesdel said:

No.  I believe the core mission of a government school is to provide an education and anything they can do to help the student be successful in the classroom (whether it be a nice new computer lab, or a new football field) should be a priority.  It ultimately benefits society when a child is successful (for some students, success means a "C", for others, it may mean an "A").

Really a pretty simple concept Muda (aka spin-doctor).  I never came close to saying I thought the core mission of a school was simply to provide extracurricular activities for all prospective students.  You're worse than the major news networks.......

You see, the "and" part of that statement is where you and I disagree.   Who exactly does a new football field benefit; the vast majority of the government school's students or the individuals who come to see the games?  And how is watching a high school football game contributing to the core mission of a government school?

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Taxpayer monies should not be used to fund activities/facilities beyond the core academic mission a government school is charged with providing.

This is where we disagree.  I believe taxpayer monies funding these activities and facilities is key to the academic mission.  I could care less about the people watching the game. Now if you tell me millions are to be spent on chair back cushioned seats and a new concession stand that serves 15 different flavors of slurpies on the backs of taxpayers, then I see your point....

Congratulations to Triton Central and the entire Fairland community.  The Northwest Cons. School District has done a tremendous job in taking care of their students and athletes. I will leave the money situation up to the people who are assigned that responsibility. Enjoy the new carpet fellas!!

40 minutes ago, gowesdel said:

This is where we disagree.  I believe taxpayer monies funding these activities and facilities is key to the academic mission. 

The "key to the academic mission"?  Really?  How about first rate teachers and educational facilities like classrooms, laboratories, etc.?  Those seem more "key" to me than artificial turf on a football field. 

I believe that the more local control government has the better.  If a locally elected school board has the support of this type of project so be it, I also believe that if the local is opposed by the local community for said project, then the people has the right to halt it.  This is what is occurring at South Dearborn as we speak.

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

The "key to the academic mission"?  Really?  How about first rate teachers and educational facilities like classrooms, laboratories, etc.?  Those seem more "key" to me than artificial turf on a football field. 

Again spin-doctor.......all of those things are key......not just turf on a football field and certainly some are more important than others.

6 minutes ago, gowesdel said:

Again spin-doctor.......all of those things are key......not just turf on a football field and certainly some are more important than others.

lol,  you are the one spinning Chief, not I.    Your quote:  " I believe taxpayer monies funding these activities and facilities is key to the academic mission."  Nowhere did you mention teachers, classrooms, etc. as being "key to the academic mission."   Now you are backtracking and accusing me of spin.  Hilarious.

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So not really then.  You believe in government oversight.  

1 minute ago, Coach_G said:

So not really then.  You believe in government oversight.  

Not really what?   And government oversight at what level?

That's what I asked you at the start.  You want government oversight it seems, you just want to be able to dictate it.  You either believe in local control or government oversight...it's clear you don't trust locals to make the best decisions.  Don't you support the voice of the people in the district handling this if they have complaints?

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

lol,  you are the one spinning Chief, not I.    Your quote:  " I believe taxpayer monies funding these activities and facilities is key to the academic mission."  Nowhere did you mention teachers, classrooms, etc. as being "key to the academic mission."   Now you are backtracking and accusing me of spin.  Hilarious.

Those things are a given (teachers, etc.) and they were not what the original question was even about.