• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GB4

Archie Miller hired at IU

16 posts in this topic

I am good with this move. This should end the talk of Alford ever being the coach there.

Maybe, Dan Dakich isn't in the know as much as he'd like to think he is.

GB 

7 hours ago, GB4 said:

Maybe, Dan Dakich isn't in the know as much as he'd like to think he is.

GB 

Maybe similar to Kirk Herbstreit naming Les Miles as the next coach at Michigan??? My guess is that Alford was Glass' first choice, yet something happened; maybe the UCLA game last night was a factor???? It was only after the game that Alford said he was not leaving UCLA. He had been non committal prior to that.

Posted (edited)

I have seen a lot of people pretty angry with move but, I honestly don't know why, I think it is a solid move. 

GB 

Edited by GB4

I think there are a number of Alford lovers out there that are upset. Others that are upset were holding on to the idea that Brad Stevens would make the move, or possibly Billy Donovan. I admit I got my hopes up when the story about Donovan visiting Bloomington came out yesterday; even though it ended up being untr.....oops, I mean an alternative fact. :)

Can young Mr. Miller help prevent the outflow of blue chip in-state talent from leaving for the likes of  Kentucky, Michigan State, etc.?  We shall see.

Honestly I would have like to have seen Mr. Alford as head coach of the Hoosiers, but this is a solid second choice.

Honestly, I have never seen the love affair some IU fans have with Alford, it just puzzles me.  in 22 years been to the NCAA tourney less than half the time, is I believe the only coach EVER to lose in the first round 2 times as a 3 seed, and has never made it past the sweet 16--IN 22 YEARS!!!  I mean of all the rumors that were out there he had by far the weakest resume--obviously Stevens and Billy D, but both were long shots.  Not nearly the resume as Marshall, Miller, Mack, or Bennett, and only reason some wanted was he played at IU--to me that is the last reason to hire someone.  Oh yea besides a weak resume, you can not just ignore the whole PP fiasco at Iowa 

Watched the presser today.  He said all the right things.  Now he just needs to deliver all those things.  

Never been a huge Knight fan but huge IU fan and being the first IU coach to get the endorsement from Knight has to say something about Millers coaching abilities. Knight has been anti everything IU but had good things to say about Miller.

Just saw some great news....Eddie Schilling is going to be an Assistant with Miller at IU. He is leaving Alford at UCLA. He has previously followed Callipari from Memphis to the UMass to the Nets, along with stints at Western Boone, Logansport and Park Tudor. This is a great addition to the IU staff, and he probably gets out at the right time from LA. 

On 4/7/2017 at 5:05 PM, Irishman said:

Just saw some great news....Eddie Schilling is going to be an Assistant with Miller at IU. He is leaving Alford at UCLA. He has previously followed Callipari from Memphis to the UMass to the Nets, along with stints at Western Boone, Logansport and Park Tudor. This is a great addition to the IU staff, and he probably gets out at the right time from LA. 

Coach Miller took a big step forward, in this hiring, towards signing Romeo. 

Osterman wrote a joke of an article ( and I usually enjoy his coverage of the Hoosiers) saying OG declaring for the draft was "Archie's first loss" as Indiana head coach smh. And people wonder why things are they way they are at Indiana. This guy is 2 weeks in and 6 months away from even an exhibition game and still has a roster with some recruiting to get figured out and we are giving him a loss? I LOVE the mentality and approach thus far on Miller and he has the fan support 100% right now I believe, but its early April, guys are going to come, guys are going to leave. Hes going to win games hes going to lose games lets get to next fall/winter before we start handing him losses Mr. Osterman. 

On 4/11/2017 at 9:28 AM, EasyEJay said:

Osterman wrote a joke of an article ( and I usually enjoy his coverage of the Hoosiers) saying OG declaring for the draft was "Archie's first loss" as Indiana head coach smh. And people wonder why things are they way they are at Indiana. This guy is 2 weeks in and 6 months away from even an exhibition game and still has a roster with some recruiting to get figured out and we are giving him a loss? I LOVE the mentality and approach thus far on Miller and he has the fan support 100% right now I believe, but its early April, guys are going to come, guys are going to leave. Hes going to win games hes going to lose games lets get to next fall/winter before we start handing him losses Mr. Osterman. 

Yeah, the Dude abides.  On the other hand, OG declaring for the draft is an overall loss to the team.  Not sure how it's preventable though.  These kids have a wonderful opportunity and the Dude doesn't blame them on bit taking full advantage of it.    

Posted (edited)

On 4/7/2017 at 5:05 PM, Irishman said:

Agreed even if they don't land Langford which may be tough considering the proximity of his hometown to U of L , I would have to think priority number 1a would now be Kevin Easley Jr. from LN decommitted from VCU because of the coaching change... I have a sneaking suspicion hes going head south for college but Bloomington is a lot closer than Baton Rouge where VCU's coach ended up. I think when its all said an done Archie will end up with an Indiana Heavy 2018 that could include Easley, Jallow, and Phinisee, if that were to happen I would be ok with not landing Langford  

Edited by EasyEJay

New broke last night that all 3 of IUs Signee's inn the class of 2017 will stay with the Hoosiers a win for Archie considering Cliff Moore will give some more depth at PF especially if Bryant does stay in the NBA so people have mentioned they think its a bad spot in terms of spots on the roster especially with Archies top recruit from Dayton back on the board (personally I think we will stay closer to home now and play for Pitino at Minn) will be interesting to see how it all plays out.