• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
    • DK_Barons

Corrupt files   07/26/2017

The server files for the forum were lost early in the morning 26,July 2017.   I restored the forum but using a fresh install of the forum software but we lost all of the images stored on the server. The way I see it... no big deal as it gives us a fresh start.   Over the next couple days I will restore the images I have saved for the forum. but I do not have everyone personal image. You can easily restore that yourself. Any pictures shared in a post that were stored here are also gone... again a fresh start of no clutter.    I just wanted to let you know what was going on. This will display until 1, Sept 2017.

FLP_NDRox    10
1 hour ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

On a lighter note I was told today the new nickname will be The Trail Blazers

I don't get it. Also, why? Both why Trailblazers and why lighter.

FLP_NDRox    10
1 hour ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

I don't know why the name. Lighter because it was kinda getting testy. That's all I have 

You've no idea how testy a name change makes me. Especially one so lame.

• Upvote 1

EasyEJay    37

Also trying to stick to the topic of football on a football forum.... who will be the head coach of the new school? I know Turkey Run currently doesn't not have a head coach and Rockville's Batty is entering his 2nd year will he be automatically granted the head coaching position or will they open it up to prospective coaches? Seems like the job would be a little more attractive with the added athletes even if only a few of the returning players from TR are good enough to start for Rockville or vice versa I don't know which school is currently better I know Rockville has had much success in football in recent years. It would also be interesting to see how this will work out for all sports, especially if the two schools have successful programs each in the same sport. 

How are coaching/teaching positions filled in a situation like this? Elkhart Memorial and Elkhart Central are set to consolidate by 2022. My source has stated the time line is 2-4 years and thinks it's closer to two than four.

Joe Kane    75
48 minutes ago, EasyEJay said:

Also trying to stick to the topic of football on a football forum.... who will be the head coach of the new school? I know Turkey Run currently doesn't not have a head coach and Rockville's Batty is entering his 2nd year will he be automatically granted the head coaching position or will they open it up to prospective coaches? Seems like the job would be a little more attractive with the added athletes even if only a few of the returning players from TR are good enough to start for Rockville or vice versa I don't know which school is currently better I know Rockville has had much success in football in recent years. It would also be interesting to see how this will work out for all sports, especially if the two schools have successful programs each in the same sport. 

If all of the student-athletes stay at the new North Central Parke, basketball will be something to keep an eye on.  Rockville has several good, young players on the team and Turkey Run is bringing in a lot of talent from middle school.  As a fan of North Vermillion, I'd like to see a few of the river kids trickle over the bridge and enroll at NV.  It will be interesting to see if any of the bigger names head to NV, Fountain Central, or Southmont.

wchsdc    0

I rarely comment, being a coach, but as a Rockville alum I wanted to echo what FLP_NDROX said.  This consolidation has absolutely nothing to do with the public/private controversy or with charters.  The trend has been increasing since before I was in high school, and I'm almost 40.  Parke County's Amish population is mostly in TR's district and those families will never send their kids to public school.  These are two proud communities that have done everything in their power to avoid this outcome.  It has just come to the point where the shrinking population cannot support two high schools.  It won't be an easy transition but I truly hope it goes well for all involved.  It would be awesome if the new school had an athletic boom like White River Valley did when those three schools consolidated.

Dan Rector 

• Upvote 1

FLP_NDRox    10
2 hours ago, EasyEJay said:

Both my assumption and my hope is that they bring in an interim coach at TR this year and keep Batty on.  Batty is an excellent coach and an alum, he'll be a great choice to bring the team into a new era on the 1-2A line.  I don't think Rockville Consolidated will be hiring new teachers in the next couple years since this is ostensibly a cost savings measure and there are no plans for faculty lay-offs.

1 hour ago, Joe Kane said:

If all of the student-athletes stay at the new North Central Parke, basketball will be something to keep an eye on.  Rockville has several good, young players on the team and Turkey Run is bringing in a lot of talent from middle school.  As a fan of North Vermillion, I'd like to see a few of the river kids trickle over the bridge and enroll at NV.  It will be interesting to see if any of the bigger names head to NV, Fountain Central, or Southmont.

Tangier (Liberty township) is about equally far from both. Any HS kid closer to Lodi/the river will likely be tempted to go to NV. But IIRC, there's only 101 kids currently pre-K to grade 12 in liberty township so it'll be a handful at most.

1st_and_10    246

How big is Riverton Parke and could they end up in a Consolidation with TR & Rockville?  Isn't Rockville about 1/2 way between TR and RP?

Muda69    2,976
19 hours ago, Irishman said:

More stupid comments. You completely do not get what you are even talking about. How many students a school district loses to vouchers or charters is not the point at all. The fact is that the money is controlled at the State level, so when more money goes for the "choices" of a few, every district pays. Again, another concept that is not difficult to grasp for people with normal intelligence. 

The needs of the many always outweigh the needs of the few, especially where it concerns government education.   Thank you Irishman.

How many teachers and ISTA members will lose their jobs because of this consolidation?  Perhaps they could go work at a charter/private school.

• Downvote 3

FLP_NDRox    10
48 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

How big is Riverton Parke and could they end up in a Consolidation with TR & Rockville?  Isn't Rockville about 1/2 way between TR and RP?

RPHS current enrollment is about 305.

Whether they consolidate with Rockville/NCPCSC is an interesting question. Growing up I was told on good authority that if they had to consolidate in the future, they would go with Vigo County and not Rockville.

On the one hand this makes no sense. Few if any of their kids will make varsity. They are half again further away from THN than RHS. 

On the other I didn't think there was much animosity between TR and Rockville and I was very very wrong. I know there's animosity between Rockville and Riverton.

Irishman    1,630
3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

The needs of the many always outweigh the needs of the few, especially where it concerns government education.   Thank you Irishman.

How many teachers and ISTA members will lose their jobs because of this consolidation?  Perhaps they could go work at a charter/private school.

Just plain stupid. How often can you contradict yourself? First you accuse one district of robbing another to "enrich" itself, which is exactly what the voucher and charter schools do with the funds they get from the taxpayers. And we see situations like the one that this topic presents. Then you come here and say the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few; when the "reform" crap you support is only for a select few, chosen to be worthy by the schools they hope to attend. In Indiana, that amounts to roughly 8% of students that are "chosen".

• Upvote 1

Muda69    2,976
2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Then you come here and say the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few; 

No Irishman, I was basically quoting your philosophy, not mine.    I champion school choice, you abhor it.

Irishman    1,630
Just now, Muda69 said:

No Irishman, I was basically quoting your philosophy, not mine.    I champion school choice, you abhor it.

Another in a LONG line of stupid comments by you. What I abhor is that other schools, in the name of "choice" get to take money away from other schools, and have different standards for admission, discipline, expulsion, book keeping, as well as a LONG list of other items that public schools are not allowed, by law to do. If the schools that people would "choose" were all to play by the exact same rules, then I have no problem whatsoever with them being a part of the landscape.

• Upvote 3

Muda69    2,976
6 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Another in a LONG line of stupid comments by you. What I abhor is that other schools, in the name of "choice" get to take money away from other schools, and have different standards for admission, discipline, expulsion, book keeping, as well as a LONG list of other items that public schools are not allowed, by law to do. If the schools that people would "choose" were all to play by the exact same rules, then I have no problem whatsoever with them being a part of the landscape.

Again:  "The needs of the many government schools outweigh the needs of the few charter/private schools".   That is your philosophy, not mine.  

Sorry that you want one homogeneous education system in this state.  It isn't going to happen.

Irishman    1,630

Oh God, you and your absolutely stupid nonsense!!!! This is really is not a difficult concept genius. How about the needs of 92% of the State outweigh the wishes of 8%??????? I have also NEVER said a thing about one homogeneous system either. On a football forum, how hard is it to get the idea that two teams play by the exact same rules? It is no different here.

And this folks, is the clown who will attack the schools that he is supporting here for their "competitive advantages" but cannot see how the system he supports here feeds right into it.

• Upvote 1

Muda69    2,976
2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Oh God, you and your absolutely stupid nonsense!!!! This is really is not a difficult concept genius. How about the needs of 92% of the State outweigh the wishes of 8%??????? I have also NEVER said a thing about one homogeneous system either. On a football forum, how hard is it to get the idea that two teams play by the exact same rules? It is no different here.

And this folks, is the clown who will attack the schools that he is supporting here for their "competitive advantages" but cannot see how the system he supports here feeds right into it.

So football = education now?  Wow, you are really, really stretching here, Irishman.

• Downvote 3

FLP_NDRox    10
4 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

One more thing. Florida Township in the SW corner of Parke County is in a similar situation to Liberty township in the NW corner. Lyford, like Lodi is much closer to the Vermilion Co. School. Rosedale, like Tangier, is about equidistant. If it's a full county consolidation, I can see these kids going over the Wabash.

Mecca is interesting, because unlike at Lodi, Montezuma, or Clinton there's no bridge. The distance out of the way leads me to think the former Arabs will head to Rockville.

58 minutes ago, FLP_NDRox said:

One more thing. Florida Township in the SW corner of Parke County is in a similar situation to Liberty township in the NW corner. Lyford, like Lodi is much closer to the Vermilion Co. School. Rosedale, like Tangier, is about equidistant. If it's a full county consolidation, I can see these kids going over the Wabash.

Mecca is interesting, because unlike at Lodi, Montezuma, or Clinton there's no bridge. The distance out of the way leads me to think the former Arabs will head to Rockville.

I get your frustration on your school more or less disappearing. Many traditions will be gone from both schools. I'm glad you brought up the Amish factor. You have to wonder how many tax dollars have been lost for the school system.

Most people know this isn't some overnight decision to bolster Rockville athletics. It's been at least a 10 year process. It'll be interesting to see where all the TR students end up. It could be 4 or 5 different schools. Maybe some will go north up 41!

Irishman    1,630
1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

So football = education now?  Wow, you are really, really stretching here, Irishman.

Again, it was not really a difficult comparison to understand....for a reasonably intelligent person, anyway. I get that you cannot grasp the concept of analogies, so you may want to search google for a better understanding of what they are. But if you REALLY understood how schools work, especially schools that work well, teachers and coaches see that extra curricular activities are a vital part of the school. And for many, success on the field does translate to success in the building. Some schools could even measure that their name in the paper translated to x amount of additional dollars in donations to the school. For you to not see any connection between the two is far more of a stretch than what you are claiming as being a stretch. 

FLP_NDRox    10
17 minutes ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

I get your frustration on your school more or less disappearing. Many traditions will be gone from both schools. I'm glad you brought up the Amish factor. You have to wonder how many tax dollars have been lost for the school system.

Most people know this isn't some overnight decision to bolster Rockville athletics. It's been at least a 10 year process. It'll be interesting to see where all the TR students end up. It could be 4 or 5 different schools. Maybe some will go north up 41!

I'm Rox. I'm working on getting info together to keep the Rockville name.  I feel for the TR kids, but the stories from this year's seniors show that the current situation is not at all feasible.

I hate to put the blame on a religious minority that is an economic benefit to the county, but as near as I can figure too many those small farms that used to send their kids to TR are now sending their kids to Amish schools to maintain enrollment at TR.

I seems like just last year the communities went through this Consolidation discussion...Because it was. What I hope has changed is that this year has shown how infeasible it is to maintain the academic programs there. What I fear is that someone misread SB248 and thinks we're going to get an incentive check for $600,000.

As for kids heading up 41, I checked, and didn't realize how far north Veedersburg was. There's not much south of Kingman, and all of its actually closer to Rockville once you hit the County line.

They actually voted for the plan prepared in 2015. Too bad there's little to no cost savings.

41 minutes ago, FLP_NDRox said:

I'm Rox. I'm working on getting info together to keep the Rockville name.  I feel for the TR kids, but the stories from this year's seniors show that the current situation is not at all feasible.

I hate to put the blame on a religious minority that is an economic benefit to the county, but as near as I can figure too many those small farms that used to send their kids to TR are now sending their kids to Amish schools to maintain enrollment at TR.

I seems like just last year the communities went through this Consolidation discussion...Because it was. What I hope has changed is that this year has shown how infeasible it is to maintain the academic programs there. What I fear is that someone misread SB248 and thinks we're going to get an incentive check for $600,000.

As for kids heading up 41, I checked, and didn't realize how far north Veedersburg was. There's not much south of Kingman, and all of its actually closer to Rockville once you hit the County line.

They actually voted for the plan prepared in 2015. Too bad there's little to no cost savings.

I was told there's a few students in the Kingman area that currently go to Turkey Run. And we know some TR students went to the west. Who knows how it will all turn out?

Joe Kane    75
On 4/10/2017 at 6:11 PM, Peter Simon Veeder said:

On a lighter note I was told today the new nickname will be The Trail Blazers

I spoke to a TR employee last night and asked about this.  From the conversation that we had, TrailBlazers is not even an option.  "Phoenix" "Rivals" or "Timberwolves" will be voted on, along with a color scheme, for the consolidation.  

• Upvote 1

Muda69    2,976
15 hours ago, Irishman said:

Again, it was not really a difficult comparison to understand....for a reasonably intelligent person, anyway. I get that you cannot grasp the concept of analogies, so you may want to search google for a better understanding of what they are. But if you REALLY understood how schools work, especially schools that work well, teachers and coaches see that extra curricular activities are a vital part of the school. 

Yeah, I'm pretty much the dumbest person on this forum.  Wanting the freedom to choose where I educate my children?  How could I be so stupid?

And you have to remember I currently live in Frankfort. Not exactly a good example of "schools that work well".  CSF is about a complete opposite compared to the apparent educational utopia that is EACS.

Irishman    1,630

When it comes to education issues, I would agree with; you are the dumbest on here, based on the nonsense you continually post. You claim you wanted "choices" for your kids when you have shared that you had to apply to a given school and that one child was accepted and the other was not; which goes to my point....the school did the actual choosing, not you.

Have you even taken a minute to explore WHY CSF is not working well? Because you know nothing about EACS, and I have not shared enough information here for you to draw such a conclusion. But go ahead and keep making stuff up to try and prove your point.

• Upvote 1