• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
    • DK_Barons

Corrupt files   07/26/2017

The server files for the forum were lost early in the morning 26,July 2017.   I restored the forum but using a fresh install of the forum software but we lost all of the images stored on the server. The way I see it... no big deal as it gives us a fresh start.   Over the next couple days I will restore the images I have saved for the forum. but I do not have everyone personal image. You can easily restore that yourself. Any pictures shared in a post that were stored here are also gone... again a fresh start of no clutter.    I just wanted to let you know what was going on. This will display until 1, Sept 2017.
Sign in to follow this  
CityCoach53

LCCFAN09ER

CityCoach53    18
Posted (edited)

Congrats to (in)famous GID poster LCCFAN09ER on being named the varsity boys' basketball coach at TC Howe High School in Indy!

Although not as invested in this iteration of the GID, LCCFAN09ER will forever have a place in the pantheon of GID "bad guys." 

Kendrick named new Howe coach

Edited by CityCoach53
  • Upvote 7

Tippy    23

Congrats to him!  I am sure he will do very well at Howe.  

Gonzoron    2,189

Congrats Mr. Kendrick. I saw his Dad play when Tech visited Carmel High School one Friday night as I was doing my janitorial duties. 

• Upvote 2

ts32    48
2 hours ago, Tippy said:

Congrats to him!  I am sure he will do very well at Howe.  

I think he will do very well. He's stepping into a good situation at Howe, an established program that's been one of the best in 2A the past several years.

Howe    173

Howe returns to core of their team who completed the 2016-17 season with a statewide Sagarin rank 38 positions higher than the 2A state champion. The team features 6'4" Tony Hopkins who holds three D1 scholarship offers and 1st team Indianapolis All City point guard Kycia Washington. Based on Sagarin Ratings, Howe will enter the season ranked number one in class 2A and maintain the top spot throughout the season. Howe typically plays the toughest 2A schedule in the state. The Hornets posted an impressive record during summer league play and won the 1A/2A division of the Charlie Hughes Shootout at Carmel. Two of the basketball team members are better football players than they are basketball players and have transferred to Warren. One was a starter and the other was a reserve.

puff    90
22 hours ago, AverageAmericanMale said:

I wouldn't say he was a "bad guy",

Not a "bad guy", but a villain, at least on this forum.    Congrats to him. 

Grover    149
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Howe said:

Two of the basketball team members are better football players than they are basketball players and have transferred to Warren.

How does that work?

Edited by Grover

Muda69    3,008

Congratulations to young Mr. Kendrick.   What subject(s) will he be teaching at Howe?

Also I wonder if Mr. Sembly was made aware of young Mr. Kendrick's antics on this forum?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Congratulations to young Mr. Kendrick.   What subject(s) will he be teaching at Howe?

Also I wonder if Mr. Sembly was made aware of young Mr. Kendrick's antics on this forum?

Does it matter? Is your employer aware of yours? 

• Upvote 1

Muda69    3,008
9 minutes ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

Does it matter? Is your employer aware of yours? 

It may, depends on the jobs and the employer.

Yes.

Howe    173
5 hours ago, Grover said:

How does that work?

The really good football players have a history of leaving Howe for larger schools. The same could be said for the coaches. Alfred Armour will probably start at inside linebacker for Warren. He has a scholarship offer from Indiana State. The school has been a revolving door of teachers, coaches and administrators since state takeover.

itiswhatitis    425

Imagine that!  My wife and I met "2K" at an LCC/Guerin football game a few years back.  We found him to be courteous, well mannered, and he had a good sense of humor.  We also noticed he was well received (and liked) by several of the Guerin fans.  Yes, he was a "piece of work" sometimes on here as a poster, but in person, he is really enjoyable to be around.  He would be (and always is) welcome in our home any time he is in our area.

CONGRATS, 2K!  We wish you well from Bloomington.

Posted (edited)

WC92,

People can have/share their opinion and I can have/share mine. My opinion is Kendricks is mentally ill and shouldn't be working with children. That's an opinion I've formed based on my interactions with him on this public forum and in private over a number of years. I appreciate there's a handful of people offering anecdotal evidence to the contrary, but this is just MY opinion and I stand by it. I would immediately pull my kids out of any school he was working at or attached to in any capacity. 

Edited by AverageAmericanMale
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Howe    173

He probably won't be at Howe for very long. He inherited a team with two legitimate D1 recruits. Howe has had two Indiana All Stars during the past decade and Kycia Washington is more advanced than either one at the sophomore level. It's rare for a sophomore to be selected 1st team Indianapolis All City. Tony Hopkins is also very good and the Hornets have a solid supporting cast. Kendrick will most likely win a state championship in his inaugural season as a varsity head coach. IPS will close three high schools next year and over 1,600 students will attend a new school. Kendrick will get his fair share at Howe.

LCC disciplne and strategy combined with Howe skill and athleticism should be dangerous at the 2A level.

Tippy    23

Everyone on the Gid that has ever met KK in person has said he is a great guy.  I have been on the Gid off and on for a long time and its probably a good thing that I don't give my opinion about some of the people on here.  Good luck at Howe!  Howe is very lucky to have KK as their coach.

• Upvote 2

Rangerdog    17

It will be very interesting to see what happens @ the 2A level this year ? I actually thought we would see a rematch in the Southern semi-state this past season between Howe & Providence & neither team made it out of their Sectional with Providence losing to a medi-ocre Crawford County team that made it all the way to State & Howe losing by a single point in their Sectional . I also thought that Oak Hill would have represented the North in 2A this past season & they didn't make it out of their Sectional either losing to Southwood I believe by 8 points .  While Oak Hill & Howe appear to be strong contenders in 2A for the upcoming season , you never know what is going to happen ? Up North , Frankton returns just about everyone from their State Roster besides leading scorer , Maurice Knight . Others that could pose a challenge for Oak Hill could be : Wapahani & Westview but it would be tough considering Oak Hill returns 4 double digit scorers from a team that went 20-4 . As far as the South , Park tudor moves back down to 2A & you never know what kind of roster they will have ? So they could pose as a challenge to Howe . Other teams to keep an eye out on this upcoming season from the South may be Henryville , Paoli , Tell City , & Forest Park . Henryville posted 19 wins last season & returns their leading scorer , Nick Walker & may have some help from the Freshman class while Paoli returns pretty much their entire roster & will also have help from a couple incoming Freshman from a 15 win team . Tell City has their entire roster back from a team filled with Sophomores that gave FP a run for their money in the Sectional semi-finals & FP returns everyone from their Sectional Championship roster but 1 point from a team that won 18 games ( 5 games they lost by 4 pts or less including the Regional semi-final to Crawford County & another game they lost by 7 in OT to always powerful , Barr-Reeve .)  A lot of FP's success will depend on what they can get from incoming 6-7 Freshman Curt Hopf , who could play a huge role . He is the brother of former Indiana All-star , Clint Hopf & the cousin of former Indiana All-Star , Brandon Hopf who were members of FP's back-to-back State Championship teams in the mid 2,000's . 

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, Howe said:

He probably won't be at Howe for very long. He inherited a team with two legitimate D1 recruits. Howe has had two Indiana All Stars during the past decade and Kycia Washington is more advanced than either one at the sophomore level. It's rare for a sophomore to be selected 1st team Indianapolis All City. Tony Hopkins is also very good and the Hornets have a solid supporting cast. Kendrick will most likely win a state championship in his inaugural season as a varsity head coach. IPS will close three high schools next year and over 1,600 students will attend a new school. Kendrick will get his fair share at Howe.

LCC disciplne and strategy combined with Howe skill and athleticism should be dangerous at the 2A level.

Whoa. To say that any first year coach will most likely win a state championship seems like unreasonable expectations to me. I mean we are talking about a program that has not had tournament success and who lost in the sectional just last year. Just because the coach played at LCC does not instantly transform the Howe players into LCC style players. The LCC players are a product of years of programmatic effort, no one coach can suddenly replicate that in players who have learned the game in a completely different way.

3 hours ago, Rangerdog said:

It will be very interesting to see what happens @ the 2A level this year ? I actually thought we would see a rematch in the Southern semi-state this past season between Howe & Providence & neither team made it out of their Sectional with Providence losing to a medi-ocre Crawford County team that made it all the way to State & Howe losing by a single point in their Sectional . I also thought that Oak Hill would have represented the North in 2A this past season & they didn't make it out of their Sectional either losing to Southwood I believe by 8 points .  While Oak Hill & Howe appear to be strong contenders in 2A for the upcoming season , you never know what is going to happen ? Up North , Frankton returns just about everyone from their State Roster besides leading scorer , Maurice Knight . Others that could pose a challenge for Oak Hill could be : Wapahani & Westview but it would be tough considering Oak Hill returns 4 double digit scorers from a team that went 20-4 . As far as the South , Park tudor moves back down to 2A & you never know what kind of roster they will have ? So they could pose as a challenge to Howe . Other teams to keep an eye out on this upcoming season from the South may be Henryville , Paoli , Tell City , & Forest Park . Henryville posted 19 wins last season & returns their leading scorer , Nick Walker & may have some help from the Freshman class while Paoli returns pretty much their entire roster & will also have help from a couple incoming Freshman from a 15 win team . Tell City has their entire roster back from a team filled with Sophomores that gave FP a run for their money in the Sectional semi-finals & FP returns everyone from their Sectional Championship roster but 1 point from a team that won 18 games ( 5 games they lost by 4 pts or less including the Regional semi-final to Crawford County & another game they lost by 7 in OT to always powerful , Barr-Reeve .)  A lot of FP's success will depend on what they can get from incoming 6-7 Freshman Curt Hopf , who could play a huge role . He is the brother of former Indiana All-star , Clint Hopf & the cousin of former Indiana All-Star , Brandon Hopf who were members of FP's back-to-back State Championship teams in the mid 2,000's . 

Linton should be good. They lost a lot but have quality players to fill in. South Knox has some good talent as well.

Rangerdog    17
3 hours ago, Taps Browning said:

Whoa. To say that any first year coach will most likely win a state championship seems like unreasonable expectations to me. I mean we are talking about a program that has not had tournament success and who lost in the sectional just last year. Just because the coach played at LCC does not instantly transform the Howe players into LCC style players. The LCC players are a product of years of programmatic effort, no one coach can suddenly replicate that in players who have learned the game in a completely different way.

Linton should be good. They lost a lot but have quality players to fill in. South Knox has some good talent as well.

Yeah , I failed to mention Linton . I know they lost some good players but they have been a quality program for years & years & seem to reload rather then rebuild & are well coached ! They will definitely be a team to be reckoned with in the Southern part of the state ! As far as South Knox goes , I haven't seen them play in years so I don't know much about them ? I was kind of surprised that after having an easy game in the Regional semi-final last season , that they lost as bad as they did to Crawford County in the Regional championship . That was just one game though . It seems that their young coach has them moving forward in the right direction though . Regardless , that Paoli Regional could be tough to get out of no matter who is in it .

Linton has greatly benefited from open enrollment. Both their football and basketball programs have been improved by transfers.

South Knox has had a run of good talent. Frankly I'm not sure to what extent Rohrer is responsible for that. I think he is a good young coach, but other people who I respect feel differently.

Howe    173
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:03 PM, Taps Browning said:

Howe won the 2A south semi state in 2016. That should qualify as some form of tournament success.

The team lost last year due to coaching strategy. They had their opponent down by double digits most of the game. The coach tried to hold the ball in the fourth quarter and stopped pressing. I've never seen a Howe team who could effectively play a deliberate style of basketball because they have never been taught how to spread the floor and move the ball without attempting to score. Perhaps the new coach will teach them the necessary strategy to burn clock time and close out games.

I'm unaware of any LCC team who had two legitimate D1 recruits and another kid with a 40 inch vertical. If the Hornets get some off ball movement in their offense with some sharp back cuts and passing and learn the strategy of the delay game, they're going to be tough to beat at the 2A level.

I get it. A 2A public school located in Indianapolis should be very successful in the tournament, but they haven't. In the last10 years they have only gotten out of the sectional what - once? Yes they did make the state finals two years ago but were blown out by Lapel. I understand being a fan but it is simply a fact that Howe has greatly under achieved in the tournament. Every year they lose to teams that they shouldn't on paper. Will things be different with a new coach? Maybe, but I would urge patience. Change takes time.

Howe    173
1 hour ago, Taps Browning said:

I get it. A 2A public school located in Indianapolis should be very successful in the tournament, but they haven't. In the last10 years they have only gotten out of the sectional what - once? Yes they did make the state finals two years ago but were blown out by Lapel. I understand being a fan but it is simply a fact that Howe has greatly under achieved in the tournament. Every year they lose to teams that they shouldn't on paper. Will things be different with a new coach? Maybe, but I would urge patience. Change takes time.

Howe was 3A for six of the past ten years and has been 2A for the past four years. Based on Sagarin Ratings, the Hornets were defeated by a higher ranked team in 2009, 2011 , 2012 , 2013 and 2015. The teams who beat Howe in 2008 and 2010 were fairly close in statewide Sagarin Ratings.

Muda69    3,008
On 7/25/2017 at 6:43 PM, Taps Browning said:

Linton has greatly benefited from open enrollment. Both their football and basketball programs have been improved by transfers.

How many transfers has Linton gotten from non-football playing schools in Greene County like Bloomfield, Shakamak, & WRV?