• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 

One week away from kick off! Who are the favorites, surprises? What are your thoughts

Big school prediction                                    Small school predictions

1. Angola                                                          1. Busco

2. Garrett                                                          2. Eastside

3. West Noble                                                 3. CN

4. Fairfield                                                       4. Fremont

5. Lakeland                                                     5. PH

When you see the size of our team, you will probably change your attitude on the small school prediction.  It should be interesting this year.

I am NOT drinkiing the kool aid   I know the coaching staff...

1 hour ago, Yuccaguy said:

I know the coaching staff...

You must hang out in some low places....

• Upvote 1

I heard from some Bremen fans that they were impressed with Fairfield's defense. My friend sent a text stating, Fairfield is big and came to hit.

17 hours ago, Night Hawk said:

You must hang out in some low places....

Lol.  Roflmao. Good guys and all into our kids.   Plus it's "Porkburger Alley"....  yummy

Porkburger Alley sounds like the type of place those guys would frequent.  LOL

• Upvote 1

The numbers thing is a little weird....I think it could be attributed to a few things:

1.  Starting Jr. Sports too early....getting worn out.

2.  A pure lazy attitude that has gripped society...kids would rather play video games and be fat and lazy.

3.  The world has a lot to offer with social opportunities and jobs because of technology.

4.  Concussion awareness?  Maybe people don't want to risk it?  Not sure

Your guess is as good as mine.  Fairfield had a senior class a few years ago that had 5 guys....Jr class this year is way down.

Our numbers are a little down, no question, but I meant the size of the players, not the team haha!  The kids from Heritage made our players look like middle schoolers at our scrimmage.  Maybe we can find a way to make up for it in other ways.

Got it...well, regardless, I feel like numbers are an issue nation wide and in a lot of sports.  Guess your guys need to eat some of those pork burgers.

On Predictions:

I predict Angola to do very well for the next few years.....I also think Busco will be at or near the top of the small school side.

This week's matchups are:

Angola at Dekalb

Eastside at Woodlan

Garrett at Prairie Heights

Goshen at Fairfield

Lakeland at Wawasee

Southern Wells at Fremont

West Noble at Central Noble

Whitko at Churubusco

What are your thoughts and predictions?  Some of these games could be interesting.

At Garrett our numbers are about the same as they have been. Mid 50's for all 4 grades. I feel like we are always around 60 or so when the summer starts, but we lose a few here and there to start the season around 55.

17 hours ago, asstcoach said:

Our numbers are a little down, no question, but I meant the size of the players, not the team haha!  The kids from Heritage made our players look like middle schoolers at our scrimmage.  Maybe we can find a way to make up for it in other ways.

It is hurting me that the numbers are down all over the place.  FUTBOL is not the same as FOOTBALL.  

I am totally convinced that the Eagles will be fine once the 1st whistle blows!  They always are, and always will be!   

Boy do I love the NECC!  Its a fantastic Conference full of rivalries and loyalty that makes Friday nights fun......

I really do not know very much about these teams, but I'll give it a shot.  These are my week one predictions: (minus the Fairfield game).

Angola 35 DeKalb 14. 

I really feel like the Hornets are on the rise...I know you cannot go by previous success in younger grades, but based on that, I feel the Hornets may have some pretty competitive teams the next few years.

Eastside 13 Woodlan 28

Eastside has not beat Woodlan since they are on their recent schedule.  I think the outcome remains the same after Friday night.

Garrett 49 PH 7

Garrett scores big early, and wins easily.  PH's record the last 3 years is 1-29.  Garrett's is 29-9.

Lakeland 13 Wawasee 17

I think it might be close, and I would like the NECC to beat the previous NECC coach at Wawasee.  However, I am pretty sure that both of these teams are rebuilding...and Wawasee has the size..  Hard to pick the NLC to lose.

Fremont 6 Southern Wells 14

I think this one could go either way.  It was semi-close last year, and Fremont beat SW a few years ago.  I still think Fremont has a lot of work to do though.

West Noble 28 Central Noble 14

CN has only beat WN once in the last 9 years.

Churubusco 21 Whitko 14

Busco ended Whitko's good season last year, and the "Whitkoians" are still nervous.

On 8/15/2017 at 10:15 AM, Fairfield02 said:

This week's matchups are:

Angola at Dekalb

Eastside at Woodlan

Garrett at Prairie Heights

Goshen at Fairfield

Lakeland at Wawasee

Southern Wells at Fremont

West Noble at Central Noble

Whitko at Churubusco

What are your thoughts and predictions?  Some of these games could be interesting.

Angola 35 Dekalb 21 

Eastside 17 Woodlan 33

Garrett 49  PH 13

Goshen 42 FF 21 

Lakeland 21 Wawasee 35

SW 25  Fremont 14

WN 31 CN 21

Whitko 16 Busco 20

Angola at Dekalb    Angola pulls away in the 2nd half

Eastside at Woodlan   Woodlan by 12

Garrett at Prairie Heights   Garrett scores 40 by half...

Goshen at Fairfield  Goshen by 14

Lakeland at Wawasee   Lakeland not as good as they have been, Wawasee by 16

Southern Wells at Fremont   Southern Wells 28, Fremont 6

West Noble at Central Noble   West Noble powers by their county rivals...28-10

Whitko at Churubusco   Busco ended Whitkos season last year, they will be looking for revenge. But Busco is so good at home

Busco by 10

Busco put the smack down on whitko. When i left early in the 4th it was 56-0 busco. But, Busco lost Garrett Horn for the season tonight

Fairfield held Goshen to 32 total yards in the first half.  Falcons defense holds strong all game leading the way to a 19-0 win over the Redhawks.

Congrats to all NECC schools that won.  The NECC was 3-3 in non-conference play.  Hope everyone stays healthy.

The week 2 match-ups are:

Adams Central (1-0) at Eastside (0-1)

Angola (1-0) at Leo (1-0)

Churubusco (1-0) at Lakeland (0-1)

Dekalb (0-1) at Garrett (1-0)

Fremont (0-1) at Colon (Michigan)

Fairfield (1-0) at Northwood (1-0)

North Miami (1-0) at Central Noble (0-1)

Prairie Heights (0-1) at Woodlan (1-0)

Wawasee (1-0) at West Noble (1-0)

What are your thoughts and predictions?

Ac 28 Eastside 14

Angola 21 Leo 35

Busco 38 Lakeland 21

Dekalb 14 Garrett 35 

Fremont 14 Colon 24 

FF 14 Northwood 21

Miami 14 CN 18

Ph 0 Woodlan 66

Wawasee 41 WN 20

AC 28 Eastside 13

Angola 28 Leo 27

Busco 35 Lakeland 14

Garrett 35 Dekalb 17

Fremont and Colon I have no clue

Northwood 45 Fairfield 7

Central Noble 21 Miami 14

Woodlan 56 Prairie Heights 7

Wawasee 35 West Noble 17

I am officiating ONE of these games....  Can't wait

Adams Central (1-0) at Eastside (0-1)  tough start for Eastside. 1st had woodlan now adams Central. Blazers fall to 0-2 with a 42-17 loss

Angola (1-0) at Leo (1-0)   Angola beat Dekalb, Leo is no dekalb. Leo pulls away late 42-13

Churubusco (1-0) at Lakeland (0-1) Churubusco ran all over Whitko, and led 42-0 at half, Lakeland gave up 52 to Wawasee. I see a 42-6 Busco win. but how does Busco adjust to losing Garrett Horn for the season

Dekalb (0-1) at Garrett (1-0)  Garrett runs all over dekalb

Fremont (0-1) at Colon (Michigan) I know nothing of Colon, but i know Fremont, and they aren't good. Fremont falls to 0-2

Fairfield (1-0) at Northwood (1-0)  Fairfield shutout goshen last week, but they won't shutout Northwood. Northwood wins 31-17

North Miami (1-0) at Central Noble (0-1)  North Miami wins 31-0

Prairie Heights (0-1) at Woodlan (1-0)  nothing needs to be said here. Woodlan wins big 56-0

Wawasee (1-0) at West Noble (1-0)  Wawasee put up 52 last week. I think they will match that. 52-31 warriors

22 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

I am officiating ONE of these games....  Can't wait

My guess is the Angola Leo game.

• Like 1