• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
Indian72

N.I.C. Week # 3

Riley @ Adams

Washington @ Clay

Marist @ Mishawaka

Penn @ Birmingham Br. Rice

Glenn @ Bremen

Monroe (MI) @ Elkhart Central

Jimtown @ Angola

New Prairie @ Andrean

St. Joe @ Marian

There is the slate for this weekend.  Comment on your favorite team or games of interest.  There are SB city rivalry games and the Holy War.  Could be an interesting weekend

The NP/Andrean game could be intriguing.  

I read in the nwi times Saturday that Andrean may have some suspensions from ejections in their game vs. bishop noll this past Friday. 

I'm interested in all of these games, I think there is only one lock

Riley Vs Adams, but going with Adams by 2 scores

Washington will do whatever they want to clay

I think Marist is loaded, but mishawaka will compete for a while

Penn may struggle to get the offense going, but i'm guessing they'll eek out a win

Bremen will squeeze by glenn

No idea about monroe, let's go with Elkhart keeping the ball rolling and getting to 3-0

Jimtown should beat angola

New prairie and Andrean could be a classic.

no way St. Joe loses by 40 again, too talented, Marian is too young.... Knights still the favorite...

should be an exciting week

St Joe has lost the last 2 games to Marian  41-0 and 40-0.  If that is not enough to motivate them for Friday night, well ..................

10 hours ago, Indian72 said:

St Joe has lost the last 2 games to Marian  41-0 and 40-0.  If that is not enough to motivate them for Friday night, well ..................

Actually 42-0 and 41-0.  

Really looking forward to seeing this game.  Lots of youth for the Knights, especially at the skill positions on offense.  First team D hasn't allowed a point yet - interested to see them match up against the Indians speed.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:25 AM, Knight82 said:

Actually 42-0 and 41-0.  

Really looking forward to seeing this game.  Lots of youth for the Knights, especially at the skill positions on offense.  First team D hasn't allowed a point yet - interested to see them match up against the Indians speed.

Should be a real good close game.  SJ have a lot of their lineman playing both ways and they tend to get tired in the 4th quarter. 

On 8/27/2017 at 1:33 PM, SBguy said:

Jimtown should beat angola

Not really sure why you say Jimtown "should" beat Angola??? John Harrell's site (per Jeff Sagarin ratings I believe) has Angola winning 24-21. The game is being played at Angola (1 hour 15 minute bus ride), and the Hornets are fresh off a 41-35 victory over a strong Leo program (their first over Leo since 2004). Add to that Angola is averaging 35 points a game on offense and the Jimmies have only scored 9 total points through 2 games (albeit 1 of those games against the current #1 4A ranked team in NorthWood)... I'm not so sure "SHOULD" is the correct answer. They can certainly beat Angola, but I'd have to give the slight edge to the Hornets at home this week.

Riley @ Adams RILEY wins if they eliminate dumb penalties. Very impressed with them last week

Washington @ Clay WASHINGTON easy  

Marist @ Mishawaka MISHAWAKA rebounds with an attitude

Penn @ Birmingham Br. Rice sorry Penn, but going with BROTHER  

Glenn @ Bremen BREMEN with an attitude adjustment win because their O-line is ticked

Monroe (MI) @ Elkhart Central going with CENTRAL 

Jimtown @ Angola ANGOLA because I'm from Bremen and Jimmies have beat us too many times

New Prairie @ Andrean NEW PRAIRIE in a tight one 

St. Joe @ Marian oh, Holy KNIGHTS... 

Riley

Washington easy

Mishawaka BIG

Brother Rice easy

Bremen MAN HANDLES GLENN!!!!!!!!!

Central

Angola

New Prairie

Marian

1 hour ago, LV Fan said:

Riley

Washington easy

Mishawaka BIG

Brother Rice easy

Bremen MAN HANDLES GLENN!!!!!!!!!

Central

Angola

New Prairie

Marian

Brother Rice easy??? I know Penn is struggling on offense, but I just don't see this being an easy game for Brother Rice. Penn's defense was great the first two games. I actually have Penn winning in a close one, but that is why we play the games. I really hope Penn can show some kind of improvement on offense this Friday, but that will all depend on the senior leadership of the Goldrush.

Angola has got a helluva coach and he is starting to turn that program around.  I would go with Angola in this one.

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2017 at 4:33 PM, Hog5761 said:

Brother Rice easy??? I know Penn is struggling on offense, but I just don't see this being an easy game for Brother Rice. Penn's defense was great the first two games. I actually have Penn winning in a close one, but that is why we play the games. I really hope Penn can show some kind of improvement on offense this Friday, but that will all depend on the senior leadership of the Goldrush.

I'm saying Brother Rice easy as well , by 2-3 scores. Those 3 and out's by the Penn offense will wear down Penn's defense. Hope I'm wrong.

Riley @ Adams RILEY high powered offense, game will come down to the end

Washington @ Clay WASHINGTON 

Marist @ Mishawaka MISHAWAKA, because I believe in Bart Ball.

Penn @ Birmingham Bros. Rice RICE because of the NO-GO Kingsmen Offense

Glenn @ Bremen BREMEN, if they feed the beasts and ride their hogs.

Monroe (MI) @ Elkhart Central CENTRAL, because everyone said so.

Jimtown @ Angola ANGOLA because Andy Thomas is a damn good coach.

New Prairie @ Andrean 59ers here, something is off with NP.  

St. Joe @ Marian  MARIAN- Holy War?  No...A Holy Massacre

Angola 14

Jimtown7

Half

Jimmies control the ball for over 9 minutes in the 1st and score. Angola runs all over the field and Jims haven't slowed them down since.

Note to future opponents. Stuff the box and wait for the pass. 
  • Downvote 1

Angola 21

Jimtown 7

3:07 3rd

Jimmies forget to come out after half time

• Downvote 1

Angola 24

Jimtown 7

8:04 4th

Outplayed. Out coached. And the hardest part to watch, out hustled. 

• Downvote 1

Angola 24

Jimtown 14

6:35 4th

Jimmies qb slings one up while running for his life

• Downvote 1

Angola 31

Jimrown 14

4:55 4th

53 yard run. 

Jimmies can't get out of their own way. I'm sorry, but this is 100% coaching. 

• Downvote 1

Final score Penn 38-0 over Brother Rice. Penn's special teams were very special.

Angola 31

Jimtown  14

Final

Jimmies seem to have gone backwards. Again. Might win one conference game the rest of the way.  

• Downvote 1

Marian beats SJ on 2 key blunders by SJ - fumble deep in their own territory and an interception return for a TD.

A werid game t figure out as neither offense was fluid

Marian got more physical on both D and O and wore SJ down the 2nd half

The big guys need some relief ,,,you cannot expect them to pay both ways

Marist boots Mishawaka - The Chicago Catholic League and The East Suburban Catholic League are brutal.  NIC teams have found out,  Great teams to schedule but their size and athleticism you can match locally

Penn throttles Br Rice - think too many people are living in the Br Rice past. Not the program they once were.