• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
Sign in to follow this  
Rangerdog

Romeo cuts list to 7

I’m going to guess that Romeo cut Duke a while back because they have already received commitments from Cameron Reddish (Top 5) Tre Jones (Top 10) and it looks like RJ Barrett (Top Recruit) will choose Duke too. I think he wants to be the guy or one of the main weapons wherever he goes. He’s a super talented kid, and very down to earth. I wish nothing but the best for the kid. 

Gettin Romeo will be for Archie, what getting Cody Zeller was for Tom Crean it will not only make the Hoosiers an automatic top 10-15 team, but will open the door for other top recruits to head to Indiana (Like Ferrell, Vonleh, and Blackmon did after Zeller). 

Adding Darius Garland is just a HUGE bonus if they get him and Romeo together with experienced interior guys like Morgan, and Davis wow the 2018 Hoosiers could be scary good in just Millers 2nd year. 

But lets not count the chickens before they hatch the Early Nov. signing period could be exciting for IU! 

Just now, NRRaider2001 said:
@1997Davis
Per his father Tim, Romeo Langford plans to cut his list down to 3 over the weekend. #iubb

IU and UNC make it by a mile. The think UCLA is out too close to his family to go that far away, UK is out and has been for sometime he just didn't mesh with Cal over the summer, The real decision is between Vandy and Kansas it will be interesting

if he chooses to keep Vandy on the list does that all but guarantee that he and Darius Garland are a package deal? And it comes down to IU and Vandy for the dynamic duo? I would argue if that the case than it could make either school an immediate final four contender in 2018.  

Hoping: Garland and Langford to IU 

Fearing: Garland to Vandy Langford to UNC 

Thinking: Garland to Vandy, Langford to IU 

Shocked: Garland to to anywhere but IU or Vandy regardless, Langford to a third school besides IU or UNC. 

I'm thinking/hoping they both come to Bloomington...would be a kick in the nuts if UNC lands Romeo though

• Like 1

Darius Garland will make his announcement Friday or Monday (per his father) 

People in Nashville seem pretty confident in him picking Vandy I think all just hearsay not often they get a shot at a 5 star from Nashville we shall know soon!!! 

1 hour ago, NRRaider2001 said:
Romeo Langford told ESPN that he does not plan on committing or signing during the early period. He wants to... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0720327309248174401-4 
12:23 PM - 9 Nov 2017

Aka watch and see how the season goes for Archie and IU ..... I think it's getting more clear as long as IU doesn't have some kinda of unforseen melt down , Romeo chooses the Hoosiers this spring 

Darius Garland will Announce on Wednesday at his school Brentwood Academy at 5:30 officially its between IU, Duke, Kansas, Vandy, UCLA, and UK. Most experts are thinking its IU or Vandy and a good portion of those people think Vandy we shall see fingers crossed kid has a bright career no matter where he chooses!!!!! 

Down to 3 IU, Kansas, and Vanderbilt surprised UNC did not make it ... Darius Garlands commitment Monday could give us some clues , Also home Friday's loss doesn't hurt this recruiting momentum 

Darius Garland just announced to ESPN that he is committing to Vandy, so much for IU bringing in 2 of the top recruits.....hopefully it's not a package deal and we can still get Romeo in candystripes!

5 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Darius Garland just announced to ESPN that he is committing to Vandy, so much for IU bringing in 2 of the top recruits.....hopefully it's not a package deal and we can still get Romeo in candystripes!

Find it odd that Garland would tell ESPN 3 hours before he was suppose to announce, even if he did think its pretty low of Paul Bicardi to worry more about his Journalism job and not let this kid tell the nation himself and take away from HIS day. He had the rest of the day to write his 330 word half- A** article over it come on man. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, EasyEJay said:

Find it odd that Garland would tell ESPN 3 hours before he was suppose to announce, even if he did think its pretty low of Paul Bicardi to worry more about his Journalism job and not let this kid tell the nation himself and take away from HIS day. He had the rest of the day to write his 330 word half- A** article over it come on man. 

Jamal Richardson (All Around Game) Headcoach is not too pleased with them.

@allaroundgame10
Wow ESPN. I will hold my words wisely.
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Jamal Richardson (All Around Game) Headcoach is not too pleased with them.

@allaroundgame10
Wow ESPN. I will hold my words wisely.

Clearly Biancardi is worried he might be one of the next 100+ people laid off by ESPN needs the viewership to plead his case coming at the expense of a 17 year old kid special day 

Unfortunately, I don't see IU getting Romeo. Vandy is building quite the class this year and that is where I am expecting him to go.

10 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

Unfortunately, I don't see IU getting Romeo. Vandy is building quite the class this year and that is where I am expecting him to go.

I think with the attention that Romeo has been getting since very early in his career he wants to be the crowning jewel of wherever he commits. i think that is why he never really considered UNC or UK and why he will pick IU over Vandy and Kansas. I don't think he is as close with Garland as people think or say........ I think that was more IU and Vandy fans trying to convenience themselves they would get both if one of the two committed. Time will tell but he is now the sole focus of Archie and his staff in terms of recruiting and Vandy is still chasing other top recruits as well as Kansas that will help! 

On 10/10/2017 at 8:48 AM, EasyEJay said:

Trending up? He has been in the league for 6 years now... calling him a role player is generous on my part. I see Eric Gordon as a role player as well and he has had a vastly superior NBA career thus far. (but hey Moore will always have the state title right?) 

Avg 30+ mins a game this year 

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6460/etwaun-moore

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Avg 30+ mins a game this year 

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6460/etwaun-moore

I stand corrected congrats Etwaun is a role player by his 6th year vs this http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3431/eric-gordon must mean key component on the 2 best team in the West with the best chance to knock off the Warriors and make it to the NBA finals. (but again at least Etwaun will always have a state title) 

I think the lack of an early announcement means that he's looking hard at IU.  Kansas is a known commodity, and how much will we really learn about Vandy this year anyway?  The question is what is Romeo looking for, and what will he see.  Can dysfunction yield to enough structure by January?  Does he want the pressure of being a savior for a program if IU struggles?  There are a lot of variables, and hopefully everything I hear about him having a good head on his shoulders is true and he comes up with a decision with no regrets.