• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Sycamore78

HNAC Week 4

36 minutes ago, Night Hawk said:

Any unintentional chop blocks on players that weren't even in on the tackle?

If this is supposed to bring back the so called chop block against Culver? That was a legal shoulder pad to hip block, wings are taught to drive bigger defensive players with their shoulder. Every football player across the world knows that, the lower you are the better of a chance you have winning on a block or tackle. 

On 9/8/2017 at 11:19 PM, Sycamore78 said:

Always good to see the Sandman back in conversation!  

Sandman, what was the story of the game? Did Coach White have the boys ready or were the Redskins suffering from a week 3 hangover and looked past the Jays? 

Couldn't tell ya. I wasn't there. I did hear that the Redskins caught a lot of penalties in the first half. It could've been a combination of everything mentioned by you. Plus my beloved BLUEJAYS probably came to play. I heard our defense played very well.

The starke county bowl game is always intense! Wish I could've been there. Gonna try and make this week's game.

4 hours ago, Football Mania said:

If this is supposed to bring back the so called chop block against Culver? That was a legal shoulder pad to hip block, wings are taught to drive bigger defensive players with their shoulder. Every football player across the world knows that, the lower you are the better of a chance you have winning on a block or tackle. 

#Notorious

6 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

How did Judson score?  Another Kick Return? 

Yes, Chuckie Wilcox ran another kickoff back.  That is 3 kickoff returns in the last two weeks!

• Upvote 2

On 9/11/2017 at 9:37 AM, Football Mania said:

If it was or wasn't a silly call, Knox had a lot of so so penalties called on them through the whole night. One of their corners got called for a unintentional face mask, and the player they called it on wasn't even in the tackle. Knox's defense had a stellar game, they weren't scored on, considering all of the penalties they had. 

Knox defense played lights out. No doubt. I'm not taking anything away from them at all but my point is that the grounding call was the nail in the coffin and it was a flat out bad call. Knox defense is solid and they should be proud of the group of giants they got this season. Good looking team.  And in all honesty we very well might not have done anything with the opportunity without that call but I guess we will never know. Sadly kick returns seem to be our best offense

Edited by bigjay

1 hour ago, bigjay said:

Knox defense played lights out. No doubt. I'm not taking anything away from them at all but my point is that the grounding call was the nail in the coffin and it was a flat out bad call. Knox defense is solid and they should be proud of the group of giants they got this season. Good looking team.  And in all honesty we very well might not have done anything with the opportunity without that call but I guess we will never know. Sadly kick returns seem to be our best offense

I'd enjoy hearing an explanation of the play. I'm not disagreeing with you (yet). But there is a lot of wrong thinking out there about intentional grounding, due primarily to rule differences at the various levels of football.

Edited by bobref

5 hours ago, bobref said:

I'd enjoy hearing an explanation of the play. I'm not disagreeing with you (yet). But there is a lot of wrong thinking out there about intentional grounding, due primarily to rule differences at the various levels of football.

qb is clearly outside the pocket few yards from sideline, getting rushed and throws the ball well past the line of scrimmage and onto the sidelines. now don't quot me on yardage here but i'm thinking the 17 -18 yard line and you go from 2nd and 10 to 4th and 25 because lose of down and now your on the 2 yard line. Next play QB gets hit after the throw and a flag is thrown for roughing passer so that's all good news but then they pick it up and waive it off and its Knox ball at the 2. Knox could have ran the score up here really but they showed a lot of class and took a knee a couple times to end the game. The games over, the play is over ,and honestly minus the  grounding or even with the roughing, the chances of us actually scoring to tie or win are very minimal at the least. but who knows. reality is the better, bigger, and probably more prepared team won this game. I would hate to be a ref and be put in these positions but i guess my question is why would a rational individual call grounding and not even look into it but then call roughing the very next play and wave it off. both calls were huge. Honestly i'm over it and only complained on the initial message people just keep quoting me and asking so please no more, the game is over and i'm sure they did what they thought was right at the time.

7 hours ago, bigjay said:

qb is clearly outside the pocket few yards from sideline, getting rushed and throws the ball well past the line of scrimmage and onto the sidelines. now don't quot me on yardage here but i'm thinking the 17 -18 yard line and you go from 2nd and 10 to 4th and 25 because lose of down and now your on the 2 yard line. Next play QB gets hit after the throw and a flag is thrown for roughing passer so that's all good news but then they pick it up and waive it off and its Knox ball at the 2. Knox could have ran the score up here really but they showed a lot of class and took a knee a couple times to end the game. The games over, the play is over ,and honestly minus the  grounding or even with the roughing, the chances of us actually scoring to tie or win are very minimal at the least. but who knows. reality is the better, bigger, and probably more prepared team won this game. I would hate to be a ref and be put in these positions but i guess my question is why would a rational individual call grounding and not even look into it but then call roughing the very next play and wave it off. both calls were huge. Honestly i'm over it and only complained on the initial message people just keep quoting me and asking so please no more, the game is over and i'm sure they did what they thought was right at the time.

I suspected as much. This is what I'm talking about when I say there's a lot of wrong thinking out there about intentional grounding because of the rule differences between high school, college and pro. The "out of the pocket" rule doesn't exist at the high school level. Under the NF code, intentional grounding is a forward pass thrown to an area where there is no eligible receiver, or a forward pass purposely incompleted in order to save loss of yardage or conserve time. From your description, sounds like they made the correct call.

As to why a flag would be thrown and then picked up, we can only speculate. What makes you think the flag thrown initially was for roughing the passer? I assume, since the flag was picked up, there was no signal given. Generally speaking, throwing a flag, and subsequently waving it off, is a sign of good officiating, not bad. It means the crew is communicating with one another in an attempt to get the call right. Without actually seeing the play, however, any conclusions about why they did what they did would only be guesses. Usually this happens when one official sees something he believes is a foul, and then another crew member who may have had a better angle on the play comes in to talk about it. They share information, and then go with the decision they believe is correct after all the available information has been evaluated. I'm sure it's maddening for the coaches, players and fans. But the overriding concern is always to get the play right. Sometimes you don't look great doing it. As long as you get it right, that's all that matters.

• Upvote 2