• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
Sign in to follow this  
Muda69

How realignment knocked Notre Dame off its pedestal

6 hours ago, bobref said:

Their offensive line is playing just great. Some of those holes, well, I’m not saying I would have scored. But even I could at least get through some of those. They just imposed their will on NC State.

That OL has single handedly created Adams for Heisman noise.   Physical specimens they are

On 10/29/2017 at 9:05 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

That OL has single handedly created Adams for Heisman noise.   Physical specimens they are

They are great, no doubt.....but, Adams is pretty special too. 

As an ND fan, I do not see him winning the Heisman. I see Love or Barkley winning it all. 

Outside of a big return against IU, he was bottled up pretty well;  and if I remember seeing it correctly, his stats were just ok against osu, I think Barkley stock has dropped.

9 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Outside of a big return against IU, he was bottled up pretty well;  and if I remember seeing it correctly, his stats were just ok against osu, I think Barkley stock has dropped.

cant argue.

my question is....whats going on w the cat from L'Ville who won the HT last year?  Isnt he still putting up ridiculous #'s?

11 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

cant argue.

my question is....whats going on w the cat from L'Ville who won the HT last year?  Isnt he still putting up ridiculous #'s?

But the schedule hurts him. He did poorly against Purdue. Once thought the best conference, the ACC seems to be mediocre this year.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

cant argue.

Yes but they are terrible this year. Saquon rushing #'s aren't as good as you think but he has possessed the ability to score in the passing and return game. His numbers so far:

138 rushes 801 yards 5.8 YPC 9 TDs

36 catches 471 yards 3 TDs

2 Kickoff returns for TD's 34.3 avg

He's also thrown for a TD as well this year

Edited by Footballking16

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Yes but they are terrible this year. Saquon rushing #'s aren't as good as you think but he has possessed the ability to score in the passing and return game. His numbers so far:

138 rushes 801 yards 5.8 YPC 9 TDs

36 catches 471 yards 3 TDs

2 Kickoff returns for TD's 34.3 avg

He's also thrown for a TD as well this year

I think his rushing numbers look A-OK to me.  :)

20 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

I think his rushing numbers look A-OK to me.  :)

Well compared to Bryce Love from Stanford who seems to be the other front runner....

135 rushes 1387 yards 10.3 avg 11 TDs in one less game

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Well compared to Bryce Love from Stanford who seems to be the other front runner....

135 rushes 1387 yards 10.3 avg 11 TDs in one less game

I think his rushing numbers look A-OK to me too.  :)

Dont forget the revolving door at QB for the Trees.

I can care less who wins it...just like any year.....but, I would break it down this way, IMHO....

Best RB-Love or Barkley.  Barkley or Love.  Both are pretty complete from what I see.

Best QB-insert name.  I like the way Rosen plays, but there are a bunch of others too.

Best WR-insert name.  I like the dude from O.K. State and the kid from W. VA.....Stills maybe

Best overall player-Barkley or the DB kid from Florida State

Usually goes to a majority offensive player only (sans Woodson in 97).

Edited by Coach Ellenwood

It looks like Adams has an injury.  He hasn't played since early on against Wake Forest today.  I sure hope that's not a serious situation.  The Irish have other running backs but Adams is #1 for a reason.

Now Brandon Wimbush is injured near the end of the first half.  I sure hope that's not too serious.  BTW, Ian Book just threw a TD pass on his first play.

Edited by PHJIndy

I retract every positive statement I have made about 1. This Irish team and 2. Abiut the ACC being down. 

Miami looks invincible against the Irish. That said, none of the top 4 teams looked good today. 

I love the Irish, but last nights game is exactly why I have been cautious all year. Reminds me a bunch of the 12 team. 

Irish, meet the woodshed.

Wasnt sold on Miami before game (hadn't watched too much besides some clips and their win over a poor UNC team).....After game.......SOLD!

I watched the Notre Dame/Miami game after I witnessed the beat down Ohio State gave Sparty earlier in the day.  I never expected a second beat down.  As far was the Irish goes, I've been wondering if they would have a game like this.  The media kept pushing their narrow loss to Georgia as practically a win.  So much for their chances at the playoff.  Quick side question:  will this be the year a 2 loss team makes the playoff?  (Auburn or Ohio State?)  It's been a crazy year in college football and still have several games left (and conference championships) to decide things.  Looks like the B1G will be Wisconsin and Ohio State.

I can see Auburn winning out. Alabama is limping in to the end of the season, and they could pay dearly, especially next weekend. Depending on how the Clemson/Miami game plays out, the loser may still be in the picture. Ohio State has an outside shot, but cannot get beat by Wisconsin. Georgia and Notre Dame have been eliminated from any chance at the playoff. Had either of their games been remotely competitive, they may have been able to keep a foot in the door; but with the way they both were beaten, they have no prayer. Even as an Irish fan, I do enjoy seeing the scramble at the top. An 8 team playoff would even be more fun to talk about.

19 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I can see Auburn winning out. Alabama is limping in to the end of the season, and they could pay dearly, especially next weekend. Depending on how the Clemson/Miami game plays out, the loser may still be in the picture. Ohio State has an outside shot, but cannot get beat by Wisconsin. Georgia and Notre Dame have been eliminated from any chance at the playoff. Had either of their games been remotely competitive, they may have been able to keep a foot in the door; but with the way they both were beaten, they have no prayer. Even as an Irish fan, I do enjoy seeing the scramble at the top. An 8 team playoff would even be more fun to talk about.

Disagree on Georgia. They win out, including the SEC conference game, either against Bama or rematch of Auburn a 12-1 Georgia team gets in as SEC champion.

Edited by Footballking16
  • Upvote 1

Is there anything better than the TURNOVER CHAIN in college football?   

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Is there anything better than the TURNOVER CHAIN in college football?   

Yes.

Image result for iowa wave

Keep on trolling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Irishman said:

No problem.  They have an off week to get rested up.  Oh wait, they have a game this week.  They are going to have to bring it since they are playing Mercer.  How does Alabama get away with playing cupcakes like this and STILL get in the playoffs?  Mercer lost last week to Furman by a score of 56 - 20.  Alabama doesn't even need to play ANY starters and could put up 60 on these guys.  Oh and let's not forget about Clemson.  They will need their "A" game this week against the Citadel.  The freakin' Citadel?!?  The Citadel actually won last week.  They beat that annual powerhouse Western Carolina by a score of 35 - 33.  Clemson will score 35 just in the first quarter.  Another example of how these ACC and SEC "power teams" get away with playing a YMCA team and the voters eat it up.

• Upvote 2

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch Navy play football!  I know that's what they have to do to compete but it ain't fun to watch.

It was ironic that Notre Dame was called for a chop block in the game.

9-2 going to Stanford is a very good turnaround for the Irish!

I disagree PH. I LOVE watching Navy play. The precision with which they run so many variations of the option is impressive. I love seeing young men who are usually outmanned play with all their heart and still make things happen. In fact, THE best football game any year to watch is the Navy-Army game.

• Like 2