• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Muda69

Stop Subsidizing Football

2 hours ago, npatman said:

PSA: Dealing with Trolls

The troll is here for one reason and one reason only, to be a troll and try to get you

to entertain him by arguing about something. If the troll can make you angry, even

better for him. The best way to deal with a troll is to simply:

1) Call him a troll
2) Blow up his argument quickly and decisively
3) Don't post on the topic again

Any post from Muda should drop of the first page within one day, just quit arguing with him.

You would have the same success arguing with a goal post. (Which was bought with taxpayer dollars btw)

I don't think you see what I do. This is entertainment for me. Angry...me....about some nameless, faceless, dude/dudette on the internet....nah. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I don't think you see what I do. This is entertainment for me. Angry...me....about some nameless, faceless, dude/dudette on the internet....nah. 

dont forget XSTAR. :)

FCFAN1990    35

Okay...I'll bite.

I have an idea..it's just an idea.  If you strongly feel this way, don't post in the Indiana HS football forum.  Your not trying to educate, your trying to bait.  Just like that "Let's run up the score" thread you used to run.  So when you leave, don't go to the Soccer forum: (they lead the nation in concussions), Basketball, (Because players get concussions falling on the floor), baseball or softball (hit in the head or chest to cause death), tennis (ever take a serve to the noggin.), Lacross (Those sticks are weapons, I tell ya),  Hockey (The violence is horrifying), Golf(Lightning is dangerous), Track(Strokes and heart issues), Archery(they use these to hunt defenseless deer, OMG, the horror), Wrestling (violence 2.0).   

So if "subsidizing" these things shouldn't be up the tax payers, then lets look at the education paths of things thing shall we.

AG (Why teach it, who needs farmers anyway, they can learn that from the other people that own farms...and OMG, you could loose a limb in an auger.)
Music (Ever listen the music kids listen to today, it makes my ears bleed, so it injures me...so it must go.  If Justin Bieber is considered music, the kids are learning nothing)
Science (there are some that think this is evil,  OMG SCIENCE, and Batman uses science so it must be fake, ban it.)
Math (Math is hard, x always equals 3.)
English(After trying to listen to kids talk today, they be learning, nuffin)
History (no one pays attention to it anyway, so it is just repeated)
Shop Class (Someone will drill their eye out..I just know it.)
Foreign Language courses(Okay, we do need this)

So I think Frisbee Golf is okay, WAIT, crap, that is in a public park and the public funds pay for that, so it must go, along with see saws, swings and play sets.  Also, those pesky ball diamonds on public land must go.  Picnic areas,  I hate picnics and family reunions that are held in those area's so why should I have to pay for that.  Gone.  

So, just leave me alone with my XBOX and soda.

Disclaimer (this post is LACED with sarcasm. )  (Disclaimer 2, I learned this sarcasm from one of my  coaches when I was a kid playing football. If I were not allowed to play said sport, I would have never learned about the intricacies of sarcasm and wouldn't have been able to make this post.  So see I got nothing good out of playing football.) 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Muda69    3,073
37 minutes ago, FCFAN1990 said:

Okay...I'll bite.

I have an idea..it's just an idea.  If you strongly feel this way, don't post in the Indiana HS football forum.  Your not trying to educate, your trying to bait.  Just like that "Let's run up the score" thread you used to run.  So when you leave, don't go to the Soccer forum: (they lead the nation in concussions), Basketball, (Because players get concussions falling on the floor), baseball or softball (hit in the head or chest to cause death), tennis (ever take a serve to the noggin.), Lacross (Those sticks are weapons, I tell ya),  Hockey (The violence is horrifying), Golf(Lightning is dangerous), Track(Strokes and heart issues), Archery(they use these to hunt defenseless deer, OMG, the horror), Wrestling (violence 2.0).   

So if "subsidizing" these things shouldn't be up the tax payers, then lets look at the education paths of things thing shall we.

AG (Why teach it, who needs farmers anyway, they can learn that from the other people that own farms...and OMG, you could loose a limb in an auger.)
Music (Ever listen the music kids listen to today, it makes my ears bleed, so it injures me...so it must go.  If Justin Bieber is considered music, the kids are learning nothing)
Science (there are some that think this is evil,  OMG SCIENCE, and Batman uses science so it must be fake, ban it.)
Math (Math is hard, x always equals 3.)
English(After trying to listen to kids talk today, they be learning, nuffin)
History (no one pays attention to it anyway, so it is just repeated)
Foreign Language courses(Okay, we do need this)

So I think Frisbee Golf is okay, WAIT, crap, that is in a public park and the public funds pay for that, so it must go, along with see saws, swings and play sets.  Also, those pesky ball diamonds on public land must go.  Picnic areas,  I hate picnics and family reunions that are held in those area's so why should I have to pay for that.  Gone.  

So, just leave me alone with my XBOX and soda.

Disclaimer (this post is LACED with sarcasm. )  (Disclaimer 2, I learned this sarcasm from one of my  coaches when I was a kid playing football. If I were not allowed to play said sport, I would have never learned about the intricacies of sarcasm and wouldn't have been able to make this post.  So see I got nothing good out of playing football.) 

Thank you for your support.  I find it very sarcastic that you apparently describe core educational concepts like Math, Science, and English as extracurricular activities.  Is that how they are treated in Fountain County?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

SpartanFan    27

That's what makes this country great- If Texans want to spend millions on a high school stadium, they're free to do it. And folks in Indiana don't have to like it.....

• Upvote 4

XStar    8
4 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

What about the band and choir? Should we do away with those as well? I mean we spend tax dollars to build the auditorium where they perform. We have to build purpose built rooms for them to practice. Does basketball, wrestling, volleyball get a pass because we have to have a gym for PE? Or should we do away will all of it. Our community also uses the pool, can we keep that?

The difference between you and I are I see extracurriculars as part of the education process, I have no idea what you see, given your stance on football, I'm not sure why you're even here.  

If extracurricular activities were a regular part of the education process, they wouldn't be called extracurricular activities.  

FCFAN1990    35
50 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Thank you for your support.  I find it very sarcastic that you apparently describe core educational concepts like Math, Science, and English as extracurricular activities.  Is that how they are treated in Fountain County?

Yep..absolutely we do.   Thanks for noticing.  And with that...I bow out.  ;-) 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

foxbat    1,797
1 hour ago, FCFAN1990 said:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, XStar said:

If extracurricular activities were a regular part of the education process, they wouldn't be called extracurricular activities.  

5 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

The difference between you and I are I see extracurriculars as part of the education process,

I said I see them as part of the process, I never said they were Readin, Ritin, or Rithmatic. 

• Upvote 1

Muda69    3,073
55 minutes ago, SpartanFan said:

That's what makes this country great- If Texans want to spend millions on a high school stadium, they're free to do it. And folks in Indiana don't have to like it.....

Not all Texans:  It’s Time To Stop Spending Tens of Millions of Dollars On High School Football Stadiums: https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/mckinney-stop-tens-millions-dollars-high-school-football-stadiums/

It’s no revelation to say that in this state of ours, football is the second most cherished religion we’ve got—right after Christianity and just before complaining about the heat. But the trend of high school football stadiums that cost tens of millions of dollars has got to stop. All high school football stadiums need are bleachers, grass, lights, and a concession stand that sells Frito Pie.

Placing athletics over academics and the arts is a tale as old as time. Sports—well, male-dominated athletics, particularly football and basketball—have more eyes and glory involved than pretty much every other high school institution outside of prom, and even then there’s room for debate. But the fact of the matter is that high school football, though we tend to spend exuberant amounts of money on it, doesn’t yield great returns. In 2011, the Dallas Morning News’ sports section conducted an investigation of Dallas-area football teams and their profitability, and only three districts had a net profit. McKinney’s had a net loss of $208,889.35.

It’s money wasted on cosmetic pomp and circumstance that could’ve gone to improving educational resources. Imagine the possibilities and the scholars these schools could attract if this money was used as a financial incentive for teachers. Maybe, in some crazy alternate universe,  high-performing educators could have salaries that rival high school football coaches.  

Must be some crazy Texas liberal thinking there................

1 hour ago, XStar said:

there he is...........

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

FCFAN1990    35
14 minutes ago, foxbat said:

See, Trey Parker and Matt Stone speak the truth. And South Park Colorado is just the start.  And they have a SodaSopa and a ShiPaTown AND a Whole Foods.  

• Upvote 1

XStar    8
1 minute ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

there he is...........

And there you are ........... avoiding the topic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Muda69    3,073
18 hours ago, FCFAN1990 said:

DUDE...we Need Frito Pie here...OMG

And not the walking Taco in the bag one..the image on the top.  Oh heck yes!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frito_pie

IMHO the ultimate high school football field, and all a school should need, is Fleur-De-Lis field in Greenfield, Illinois:

large.FleurDeLisField.jpg.45017845b80b52ca415bc2eda56c5d40.jpg

I don't know if they serve Frito Pie though.  

PHJIndy    417

You folks are still feedin' 'em!!!  Don't feed the trolls!

• Downvote 1