• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
itiswhatitis

Ritter Raiders @ Linton Miners

navy80    69
1 hour ago, jets said:

Interesting...

Well, Ritter is the defending state champs and undefeated this year...they are the best team on Linton's schedule. 

SouthNZone    69
2 hours ago, jets said:

Interesting...

I'd bet money that Week 5 Ritter is a better team than Week 1 Southridge...Week 5 Southridge could be a different story.  We'll let you know Friday night.

kingtut    221
On 9/9/2017 at 1:15 PM, Miner Pride said:

The game was over and spirits were high. I follow the crowd to the field. The coaches took their turns with words of wisdom and encouragement. We then went to the goal post for prayer. It gets me every time, not only the players and the coaches, but a small community gathered together to pray for these young men.

My cup runneth over with Miner Pride! 

This last paragraph kinda makes this old guy tear up.

kingtut    221
On 9/9/2017 at 5:21 PM, Peter Simon Veeder said:

You can only post on a Lipton thread if you tell them how great they are. State law. Swear to God it is. I gotta go 

I really don't care what you or anyone posts about the Miners, well maybe I do, but please don't disrespect the team and the community by deliberately misspelling our name.  We're proud to be the LINTON Miners and I have too much MINER PRIDE to let that go unchallenged.   

jets    23
4 hours ago, navy80 said:

Well, Ritter is the defending state champs and undefeated this year...they are the best team on Linton's schedule. 

Undefeated with their best win being...Monrovia? Brebuef?? Your ol boy just said "undoubtedly the best"- just made me raise my eyebrows. But to each their own...good luck Friday night. 

itiswhatitis    452
1 hour ago, jets said:

Undefeated with their best win being...Monrovia? Brebuef?? Your ol boy just said "undoubtedly the best"- just made me raise my eyebrows. But to each their own...good luck Friday night. 

1 hour ago, jets said:

Watch who you are calling old boy, Mister!   LOL  Why raised eyebrows?  All things considered, Ritter WILL be the best team Linton plays this year.  If it will help get your eyebrows get back to normal, Southridge is the second best.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

itiswhatitis    452

What happened to all of the Ritter posters who used to be on here?  It seems there were several more back when they were 1A. 

Globemstr3    61

Very few Miner posters here as well. Maybe the site is running outta gas? I hope not. I really think you must log on to read the posts. Im not tallking dues but simple membership.

Edited by Globemstr3
  • Like 1

Miner Pride    454

I have a question for ritter folks.. or anyone...   is #54 someone who was #44 earlier in the year or last year???   He's not on the maxpreps roster at all as 54... yet there is a 44 listed as a MLB who does have a lot of stats... but there is no 44 on the field...  that would help me!!

itiswhatitis    452

Okay the polls are out.  In 3A Ritter is #3 in the coaches polls and #2 in the AP poll.  Like I have said, "the Raiders are the best team that the Miners will play this year."  The Miners are gonna need crisp, sure tackling and play mistake free football (no touchdowns called back for holding and no turnovers!) to stay in this game.  They have been leaving scores on the field the past couple of games.  Can't have that against a team the caliber of Ritter.  I'm betting this week's practice is a doozy.

kdets89    125
2 hours ago, Miner Pride said:

I have a question for ritter folks.. or anyone...   is #54 someone who was #44 earlier in the year or last year???   He's not on the maxpreps roster at all as 54... yet there is a 44 listed as a MLB who does have a lot of stats... but there is no 44 on the field...  that would help me!!

Trey Hunt (C/MLB) was #54 when Ritter played Lutheran a couple weeks ago.

cyoguru    117
2 hours ago, kdets89 said:

Trey Hunt (C/MLB) was #54 when Ritter played Lutheran a couple weeks ago.

Trey started out with # 44 but moved to #54 when he was moved to center due to the injury to the Raiders starting center Bennett.

Miner Pride    454
1 hour ago, cyoguru said:

Trey started out with # 44 but moved to #54 when he was moved to center due to the injury to the Raiders starting center Bennett.

Well I finally figured it out after looking at 3 of the 4 games.. Lutheran was one I didn't have access to.  Was Bennett hurt against Monrovia??  I saw 54 as the starting DE and C in that game as well.. I never saw a 44 in any game.. but it was logical that 44 was Hunt... based on the stats...  I also see #4 played a most the night at DE against Speedway..but really wasn't o nthe fieldf at all against Brebeuf or Monrovia..   Jeez the Woodcock kid..#80 is a monster.... Also wondered about #8... saw he was hurt vvs Speedway and didn't come back in that game.. also... wondered about the penalty on #20... where they called blow to the head.. I didn't see him in the game at RB or DB the rest of that game eithrt.. surely they didn't eject him they???  #24 sure looked elusive at RB in replacement...      Brebeuf getting pressure on Smalls was key for Brebeuf staying in that game to the end... We will need to do the same... but it's all about containment again... What a test it will be.... so many good Raider receivers as usual! 

ts32    51
On 9/9/2017 at 0:57 PM, Globemstr3 said:

Do they still sell those Ribeye sammiches at Miner home games?

They do. I've had one at every game so far.

ts32    51
On 9/9/2017 at 6:27 PM, Miner Pride said:

Hey....I love this team....they have shown such heart and have improved week to week.  I think there is a lot of improvements to be made, and I am sure the coaches agree.  But..I'll never say never or think Linton can't win any time they take the field. Ritter is really early good. It will take a super effort to pull the w out. Can it happen...sure thing.  We have talent that can make big plays.  Our d will have to tackle better...and the mistakes will have to be held in check.   It's sure be an awesome atmosphere!

You know Pride, I think this team just might be my favorite Miner football team.

Last year's team was special. Very special. 

But this team is special too for reasons of its own. It's the heart you mentioned. The heart, the fight and the grit. Oliver talks about it every week.

You know what else I like? Going to the games not knowing who's going to win! Believing we can win if we take care of business but also knowing the opponent is equally capable. This year's schedule has made the games so much more interesting - and fun! - for me.

itiswhatitis    452
8 hours ago, ts32 said:

You know Pride, I think this team just might be my favorite Miner football team.

Last year's team was special. Very special. 

But this team is special too for reasons of its own. It's the heart you mentioned. The heart, the fight and the grit. Oliver talks about it every week.

You know what else I like? Going to the games not knowing who's going to win! Believing we can win if we take care of business but also knowing the opponent is equally capable. This year's schedule has made the games so much more interesting - and fun! - for me.

Been saying that for a few years now.  So far, every week has seemed like a playoff type game.  It makes the season SO much more exciting, doesn't it?  Years of blowouts was really getting stale.  I love seeing games of a touchdown or less difference at the end (practically EVERY week!).  And 3 of the 4 games coming down to the final seconds?  Wow!  If a person can't get interested in games like that, then they are watching the wrong sport!  I've also said I'll take a 2 or 3 loss team and deep playoff runs every year over a team with a schedule full of 50 or 60 - 0 blowout scores.  People mentioned at the beginning of the year how they would liked to have seen last year's team with this year's schedule.  I've said this before and I'll say it again:  I believe THIS year's team NEEDED this type of schedule.  You can see them improving every game in some facet.  And yes it is front loaded, but going forward it will give them a chance to get even more players involved and build more on the depth.  I believe you mentioned heart as Coach Oliver has talked about at the end of about every game.  They just don't want to lose.  The ones returning from last year's team know how it feels to be state champions.  It only takes a few of them and then it filters through the rest of the team.  I see that happening with this year's group.  Not a ton of talent like the past few seasons, but I'm seeing more grit and determination on the field.  I understand how you feel about last year's team and then this year's.  Last year's offense was like watching a video game.  LOL  Great fun!  No matter how deep this year's team goes in the tournament, I believe we can look back and say it will be  Coach Oliver's best job of coaching in his young career.  I can't say enough good things about his abilities.  The man can flat out coach!!!  And he takes no credit.  He gives it all to his coaching staff.  Humble man.

ts32    51

iiwii, agree with all you said.

itiswhatitis    452
15 minutes ago, ts32 said:

iiwii, agree with all you said.

Win or lose, you have to admire this group of Miners and what they have accomplished (so far).  Glad to see other people recognizing it.  As the years roll on, I am a lot more distant from the team than I used to be (my son graduated in 2003).  However, as the A.D. said to me years ago, "Once a Miner, ALWAYS a Miner", even for us fans.  I still go to most of the games when I can.  I've been a fan since 1995.  It's been great to watch the kids come and go, see some fantastic plays (offense, defense,  and special teams), suffered the heartbreak and the agony when things didn't go the way we wanted, see them win a state title, and then see those same kids come back (a good many of them in that South end zone), and see them support the current Miners on the field.  Linton is blessed with the greatest support of their football program and takes a backseat to NO ONE in the state in that regard.  

GO MINERS!!!

cyoguru    117
12 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Been saying that for a few years now.  So far, every week has seemed like a playoff type game.  It makes the season SO much more exciting, doesn't it?  Years of blowouts was really getting stale.  I love seeing games of a touchdown or less difference at the end (practically EVERY week!).  

I'm with you on this. Linton should be proud of the schedule that have assembled. The excitement of playing a game where you know you will be challenged almost every week is awesome for the players and fans. I was at both semi-state games at Linton and the excitement of a game at Linton is pretty awesome. I won't be able to make it down this Friday, but I have been telling everyone about the atmosphere. Can fans still stand on the track and circle the field? 

Here's a question for Rittet fans. Going from a 1A to 3A enrollment in roughly 10 years has the school been expanded in size?

cyoguru    117
35 minutes ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

Here's a question for Rittet fans. Going from a 1A to 3A enrollment in roughly 10 years has the school been expanded in size?

No major expansions besides adding the chapel and band/music room addition. There is still plenty of room in the building.  I have heard rumors of plans are to make St. Michael a Middle School in the future and Ritter will have even more room. Future plans also include a new gym, and some work being done at the practice facility and football/wrestling room. I'm sure there are more I do  not know of.

• Upvote 1

Miner Pride    454

Get a  drink and a snack....and enjoy... comments welcome .

Linton

QB

Cox, Keaton

5’9”

Leads Miners in Rushing with 531 yards, 7.93 per carry and 9 TDs;  at 132+ a game rushing, he has back to back rush games of 174 and 186 and 5 rushing scores.  His 67 carries is by far the most, accounting 44% of Linton rushes, as well as 46% of Linton’s rushing yardage.  Despite starting 16 of 28 for 276 yards thru week 2, Linton has went to the air just 10 times in the last couple games, hitting on 4 for just 30 yards.  Over-all Cox is 20 of 38 ( 52.6%) for 294, 1 TD against 6 picks.

Ritter

QB

Diomoni Small (C)

6'2

It will be another week of containment for the Miner Defense as Smalls can run as well as pass.  He has yet to had the breakout rush game, with just a season high of 28 in week one vs. Monrovia. Overall DIomoni has just 68 yards on 46 carries (1.48) with a TD.  However thru the air, he has connected  on 11 TD strikes with just 3 interceptions.  He has hit on an excellent 71.6% of passes on 58 of 81 passing for 788 yards.  His 236 yards in week 3 helped propel Ritter to a come back win over Brebeuf. 

LInton

RB

Howard, Chance

6'

WB

Dyer, Lance

5'7"

WB

Lannan, Luke

5'6"

RB

Cunningham, Drake

5'6"

Dyer had a breakout game last week against NVerm with 129 yards rushing and provided much needed support to Cox on the offensive side of the ball.  To date he is the 2nd leading rusher with 24 carries 214 yards (8.92 per) and 2 rush TDs.  Lannan adds 119 yards on 27 carries (4.41) and a TD.  Last week saw both Howard and Cunningham split

action at RB.  Howard with 84 total yards on 13 carries, Cunningham with 71 on 9 with 1 score. 

Ritter

RB

Seth Knutson (C)

6'0

RB

Darrell Roberson

5'10

Knutson has been the starter in all 4 games opening with 108 yards and 2 TDs against Monrovia.  He leads with Raiders with 263 yards on 47 carries (5.6 per) and 4 TDs.  Roberson came in last vs. Speedway and had 78 yards on 24 carries and a TD. 

Linton

TE

Irish, Braiden

5'10"

WR

Robertson, Devyn

5'7"

WR

Ward, Dreyden

5'9"

The Wingbacks account to 10 of Linton’s completions with Lannan’s 6 for 127 leading the way. Dyer adds 4 for 73.  Robertson has started the last 2 games since Ward missed week 3 with an injury.  He has 5 catches for 61 yards and the lone passing TD ( a game winner vs Sullivan).  Ward has 4 for 28, and led Linton in a 4th quarter scoring drive at QB last week  adding 3 carries for 35 yards and a score.  Irish has no receptions in a game, but has caught 4 two-point conversions.   Howard has one catch for 5 yards.

Ritter

TE

Henry Woodcock (C)

6'3

WR

Kyle Price (C)

5'9

WR

Brad Bacon

5'11

WR

Ben Egenolf (C)

5'10

WR

Jake Kluemper

6'0

WR

Donavan Morris

5'10

One look at this list tells you the Raiders have a lot of quality receivers they put out on the field that will test the Miner defense.  Price leads the way with 19 catches for 182 yards as 3 TDs, 13 each for Egenolf and Woodcock.  3 TDS and 174 yds for Egenold, 2 TDs and 229 yds for the impressive Woodcock.  Bacon has 8 receptions for 142 with 2 TDS but appeared to go down with a leg injury last week and didn’t return.  Kluemper jumped in with 3 catches for 62 yards.  Knutson out of the backfield has 2 for 37 with a TD.  Morris has seen action but has no catches.  I should add the Egenolf adds 5 rushes and 33 yards; and I have seen #4 Marlon Anderson (Jr 5’10 200)  line up as an upback in some situations. 

Linton

OL

Ritter  OL

LT

Jerrells, Levi

6'2"

RT

Parker Gianoli

6'3

LG

Burris, Ben

6'

RG

Bryce Giebel

6'0

C

Ketchem, Matthew

5'10"

C

Trey Hunt (C)

5'11

RG

Figg, Ryan

6'

LG

Manolo Suazo

5'10

RT

Hill, Trevor

6'3"

LT

Will Roberts

6'1

Linton LB

ILB

Cunningham, Drake

5'6"

ILB

Howard, Chance

6'

OLB

Lannan, Luke

5'6"

OLB

Ward, Dreyden

5'9"

ILB

Irish, Braiden

5'10"

Howards leads the way with 49 stops 2.5 TFL, and had 25 tackles against Monrovia in week 3.  Cunningham adds 32/2.5 with Irish in the mix with 13.  Lannan 28/0.5 and Ward, who missed week 3 with 12/0.5  If need be Soph Trevor Dyer (#11 5’7 175) could see OLB action. Cunningham is coming off a 17 tackle game.

Ritter LB

ILB

Trey Hunt (C)

5'11

ILB

Daniel Ayala

5'10

OLB

Jake Kluemper

6'0

OLB

Kendall Dalverny

5'11

ILB

Mitchell Wilson

5'8'

I realize from watching various games that this may not necessarily be 100% correct but it seems that Hunt is leading tackler with 33/2.0.  I think it did see him at DE to start the season but he’s been teamed with Ayala (14/1.0) most of the time at iLB.  Wilson adds 11 tackles when he’s been in there.  I’m not sure if OLB is the correct positions, but Kluemper adds 24 tackles, Dalverny with 14.  Hunt, Ayala and Dalverny each have a QBC sack. 

Linton DL

DE

Burris, Ben

6'

DE

Figg, Ryan

6'

DT

Jerrells, Levi

6'2"

DT

Rogers, Vedder

6'1"

DE

Robinson, Braxton

6'

DT

Gretlein, Craig

5'10"

DE

Mongeau, Tyler

6'2"

NG

Howard, Chase

5'6"

Yes it seems like an inordinate number of Dlineman, but it is true that all of these kids will see action.  Jerrells is the 2 year veteran at DT, and one of three returning starters from the state team of 2016.  He had 13 tackles, and has been teamed with freshman Rogers the last two games. Rogers has 6 tackles in that time replacing an injured Gretlein who has been out since a 2nd half injury in week 1.  Having Gretlein back as a senior and with size could be a big plus, but it’s unknown how much if at all, he’ll play.   3 Defensive Ends seem to rotate with Figg (14/2.5 1 sack), Burris 14/2.0  0.5 sack) and Robinson 6/1.5)  Mongeau has also gotten reps (4 tackles), and despite Howard’s small stature, he will come in at NG in 5 man fronts and has 7 tackles, 2 for loss and ½ a sack.  

Ritter DL

DE

Henry Woodcock (C)

6'3

DE

Marlon Anderson jr.

5'10

DE

Bryce Giebel

6'0

DT

Javon Rodgers

6'2

DT

Manolo Suazo

5'10

Woodcock is a staple with 15 tackles and 3 sacks at one DE. Anderson I didn’t see all year until last week’s Speedway game, but he has 12 tackles and a sack.  Giebel is 2nd in team tackles with 25/1.0  and plays DE as well.  Suazo has 18 tackles (1 sack), and Rodgers adds 14.  I’ve seen multiple fronts from the Raiders, 3, 4 and 5 man that utilize any and all of the 5 I have listed.  In the 5 man I saw vs Monrovia, Rodgers shifted to NG, Hunt and Woodcock at ends, Suazo and Ayala (normally at ILB)  at DT.  

I understand Ritter lost starter Sean Bennett (#63, 6;3 220) who was the starting center (hence Hunt’s change in number from 44 to 54).  Hard to imagine the Raiders with another senior starter with good size perhaps going both ways.

Linton DB

CB

Dyer, Lance

5'7"

CB

Howard, Cash

5'5"

FS

Cox, Keaton

5'9"

This group, along with the LB corps will certainly be challenged this week, but have to be pleased at their performance thru 4 weeks.  Ritter averages 207.00 in the air per game, while Linton has held opponents to just under 100 per game passing.  Sullivan put up 186 in week two but just 2 TDs have been allowed, and 4 interceptions- 2 each from Cox and Howard.  It may say something that the 2nd and 3rd leading tacklers are in this group with Cox’s 44  and Howard’s 35.  Howard adds 1.5 TFL, Cox 0.5.  Dyer has been the one on one defender on an island, and has 18 tackles with .5 for loss.  Cox was particularly solid in run support against Monrovia with 16 tackles, while Howard had 10 tackles in each of the opening two games.   Clearly it won’t fall down to these three only in pass defense as Ward and Lannan will certainly be in coverage quite a bit from OLB, and the Miners must pressure Small while still containing him in the run threat.

Ritter DB

CB

Seth Knutson (C)

6'0

CB

Diomoni Small (C)

6'2

S

Ben Egenolf (C)

5'10

S

Donavan Morris

5'10

CB

Trey Stubbs

6'0

CB

Darrell Roberson

5'10

Again, I may not have the positions 100% because they shift around…but it seems that Egenolf is a safety, and with 25 tackles he is tied for 2nd in team tackles with one for loss.  It also seems Knutson is at one corner (15 tackles; 4 Ints), and Small has 7 tackles at the other CB when he plays D. Morris had 6 tackles and one pick in what looks like both CB and S depending on the game.    Stubbs has seen CB action with 3 Tackles, and Roberson played quite a bit after Knutson left the Speedway game, and had 4 tackles.

Special Teams

Linton-  Will go for two every score.  Is 9 of 15 (60%) to date.  No threat of a field goal, so Linton will be going for it anytime they are 40 yards in  on Ritter’s side.  Cunningham has punted the ball well for Linton avg 39.6 per kick on 9 punts, and none have been returned.  Irish handles kickoff duty, with a 38.8 per kick average.  Linton puts Dyer and Lannan deep on kickoffs, but several times the upback takes it…which has been Cash Howard or Trevor Dyer. Cox handles punt return, but never gets kicked to.  

Ritter-  A huge advantage for the Raiders in terms that #93 Boberg averages 51.7 yards per kick, meaning few if any will be returned taking away a constant Miner threat in the special teams field.    Boberg has also been near pefect on PAT hitting 15 of 16, as well as hitting on 2 of 3 FG attempts.  Ritter has punted 6 times, split beween Woods (31.0 per) and Houston (23.3 per)  Bacon had seen most kick returns,  including one for TD.  Egenolf is the punt returner for the Raiders. 

Edited by Miner Pride

300Game    190
8 hours ago, cyoguru said:

I'm with you on this. Linton should be proud of the schedule that have assembled. The excitement of playing a game where you know you will be challenged almost every week is awesome for the players and fans. I was at both semi-state games at Linton and the excitement of a game at Linton is pretty awesome. I won't be able to make it down this Friday, but I have been telling everyone about the atmosphere. Can fans still stand on the track and circle the field

Not during the regular season, but, both end zones are occupied.  AD only opens track when the Miners play for a championship.

SouthNZone    69
1 hour ago, 300Game said:

Not during the regular season, but, both end zones are occupied.  AD only opens track when the Miners play for a championship.

The track was open during the Monrovia game last year.