• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  

CIC Week 5

Elwood @ Oak Hill       I think the Golden Eagles get this one at home.

Frankton @ Blackford   Again i will give the edge to the Eagles.  I will be a close one.

Madison Grant @ Alexandria  the Tigers get this on by 3TD's

Mississinewa @ Eastbrook  Definitely the game of the week!  Panthers by 3

Its hard to believe we are at the halfway point in the  regular season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

jrlittleman    8
4 hours ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

CIC Week 5

Elwood @ Oak Hill       I think the Golden Eagles get this one at home.

Frankton @ Blackford   Again i will give the edge to the Eagles.  I will be a close one.

Madison Grant @ Alexandria  the Tigers get this on by 3TD's

Mississinewa @ Eastbrook  Definitely the game of the week!  Panthers by 3

Its hard to believe we are at the halfway point in the  regular season.

Get u get this game on here to watch?

• Downvote 1

XStar    8

I think Mississinewa reaps the rewards of challenging themselves early in the schedule and wins the only CIC game that really matters this year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

RiverRat99    15

Taking Elwood over the Golden Eagles as long as they are somewhat healthy. Want to pick OH, purely on reputation and coaching prowess, but think it will be a close one and the Panthers prevail.

Taking ball control Blackford over the gunslinger Eagles. If the Bruins limit turnovers, I think they can pull off a close one.

Gimme the Tigers to beat the young fellas of MG easily. 

Picking the Indians in a physical and electric game over the host Panthers.

Good luck to all teams!

Oak Hill and Elwood---This one will be a close one.  Elwood has been shut out 2 weeks in a row but this week they get on the scoreboard.  Oak Hill has been scoring but not enough to win.  This week is no different for Oak Hill as they score but Elwood outscores them in a shoot out.  Panthers win by a TD

Blackford and Frankton--Frankton has a very talented QB while Blackford is trying to prove themselves.  In the end the Eagles are too much for the Bruins this week.  Eagles by 2 TDs

Alexandria and Madison Grant--MG has only scored 8 points this season while having only 1 or 2 Seniors on the roster.  MG is young and improving.  Alexandria got out to a fast start but played a couple of close games in Conference play.  In the end Tigers put up a lot of points and win by at least 3 TDs.

Mississinewa and Eastbrook--This by far is Eastbrook's toughest game on their regular season schedule.  Mississinewa beefed up their non-Conference schedule and may be in better shape.  Both teams play their Varsity players the entire game this week.  Eastbrook has the speed but Mississinewa matches up with most of the speed.  Mississinewa has the size but the improving line could struggle early with the defensive speed of Eastbrook.  Had Mississinewa won against New Haven they could be ranked top 5 in 4A which would make this game even more interesting.  In the end the Indians pull out the victory by 3 points.  Despite the loss Eastbrook remains ranked #1 in 2A next week.

djbowzz    6

Anybody not able to go to the Eastbrook v ole miss game, I believe there are a couple of ways to stream it Friday night.  

I know it is IWU's game of the week and it will be streamed here:  http://www.wiwutv.com/football/

Also, not sure about this one, but ole miss usually streams all their games on this site:  https://thecube.com/cube/mississinewa-high-school-gas-city-indiana

Hope this helps all those that can't make it...

GO PANTHERS!!!!!

• Upvote 3

ED78    6

I will take OAK HILL in tis yawner, Home team Eagles by a touchdown.

FRANKTON gets the edge in this one. Blackford keeps improving and has the ability to control the time of possession, but Frankton can score quick. Blackford's defense is still questionable. COME ON RANDY!

ALEXANDRIA over mg, but mg does score. The Argylls are VERY young and low numbers. They need to figure out why numbers are so low and address it before next season.

Give Me EASTBROOK in a classic, but Ole Miss has found the recipe to build a program "almost" as good. In the end I believe Eastbrooks overall speed and tradition overcomes the Indians in a game all that should live up to expectations.

GOOD LUCK BOYS HAVE FUN.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, djbowzz said:

Also, not sure about this one, but ole miss usually streams all their games on this site:  https://thecube.com/cube/mississinewa-high-school-gas-city-indiana

Hope this helps all those that can't make it...

FYI--Mississinewa streams home games.  Away games are dependent on host school's policies and internet speed and availability.  Hopefully the internet is good at Eastbrook so they can stream it.

Elwood @ Oak Hill:       Something tells me that Oak Hill is really really bad!  This will be a close game of really bad football.  Panthers 14-7

Madison Grant @ Alexandria:  I feel bad for the MG staff.  Hopefully the young ones stay strong and keep fighting but Alex gets this one Tigers 36-8

Frankton @ Blackford   This one could get interesting. The Bruins are building confidence and the Eagles have a QB that just knows how to compete.  It might come down to the Eagles receivers stepping up and making big plays and the D-line winning the battle in the trenches.  If the Bruins can ground and pound and keep McGuire and Berkibile on the sideline offensively, they might have a shot.  I don't see it happening though.  I have too much faith in the Eagles senior group.  Eagles 20-14.

Mississinewa @ Eastbrook:   Top CIC game of the year.  It is hard for me to ever buy into Ole Miss when all they do is beat up on 2A schools.  I know it not their fault but they have to beat someone for me to get to excited about them.  Eastbrook is a great program but the 4A size might be tough for this one.  Here is my prediction: Ole Miss 24-21.  However, if Tom Wilson is back on the sideline and has a fully groomed Mullet, I will have to change my prediction to Eastbrook 27-21.  The mullet makes the difference in this match up.

Edited by Bittergymteacher
  • Haha 3

OleMissDad    15

Elwood @ Oak Hill:    Is Oak Hill really this bad?  I think this will be a close game, but I'm going to to with the Golden Eagles.

Madison Grant @ Alexandria:  I haven't seen Madison-Grant play, but I've watched film of their game against Eastbrook.  They look like a JV team because, well, they basically are.  Their line play is really poor, but is to be expected because they are so young.  Alex wins this one by at least 4 TD's.

Frankton @ Blackford   It's good to see that the Blackford football program finally has some life.  I'd like to see the Bruins win this one, but I think Frankton has too many weapons.  Frankton wins by 2 TD's. 

Mississinewa @ Eastbrook:   This is the one I've been waiting for all season long.  Everyone has been talking about Eastbrook's speed and they sure do look fast on film, but Ole Miss has some speed as well and they did a decent job of containing the speed and athleticism of a very good New Haven team.  The Indians upgraded non-conference schedule prepares them well for this one and I predict an Ole Miss victory by 6 points.  I wish I could make the long trip down from Northern Michigan to see the game in person, but OleMissDad will be watching the game on the IWU TV station via internet. 

RiverRat99    15
5 hours ago, Bittergymteacher said:

However, if Tom Wilson is back on the sideline and has a fully groomed Mullet, I will have to change my prediction to Eastbrook 27-21.  The mullet makes the difference in this match up.

Fear the Mullet! Love it. Great coach and even better mullet! 

• Haha 1

Old Bruin    3

Looks like it will be a great night for football and maybe the best CIC match ups of the season. Elwood, Oak Hill and Madison Grant get a chance to break into the win column with Oak Hill my likely candidate.

i just wish the Mississnewa-Eastbrook game was at a different time than the others and at a bigger venue. Too bad it isn't the year that we have Ball State day. I am amazed with the improvement of the Indians in recent years, but Jeff has proven to me that he can produce winners over and over.

As for the Bruins is was nice to be driving home listening to the Oak Hill coach say "They were just better than us" in his post game radio interview. I hadn't heard anybody say that about my Bruins for a long time. 

I am still very suspect of our defense and I know McQuire will be hard to contain both on land and in the air. Our QB switch worked well for the team and both kids involved in the move. I think our offense is a lot more solid and diverse with this change.

I know the Frankton/Blackford series has been seesaw affairs with the Bruins holding a 10-9 edge since the Eagles joined the conference. I know this is coming a lot more from my heart than my head, but I'm picking Blackford in a close one.

Indeed, above average matchups all around on Friday night.  I want to pick Elwood to beat OH but without Wilson on the field for the Panthers they just can't get it done on the road.  OH 25 EHS 8

Alex wins by 30.....well........ because they're playing MG, it really sucks to see any program struggling this badly in the CIC.  I wonder if Coach Sehy (Bruins) regrets taking job at Marion after '07 season? He left MG program in pretty good shape a decade ago and I bet he would've had continued success had he stayed there.  Alex 36 MG 6

It'll be a good game, but I think the lack of any relevant passing game for Blackford will hurt them.  Frankton's LBs are pretty good and as long as they just tackle everyone who looks like they may have the ball, they'll get the win.  The Wing T is an art form when executed correctly I must say though.  FHS 32 Blackford 20

Eastbrook gets automatic 7 point lead to start, just for being the home team.  This is going to be a great game, I'm most interested to see how Eastbrook responds to adversity since they haven't had anything remotely close to a competitive game yet this year.  Everyone else in the conference is playing for a very distant 3rd place behind these 2 teams it appears.  Eastbrook 34 Ole Miss 26

Oak Hill over Elwood.  One of these teams will get thier first victory, I believe it will be OH. Elwood's offense is as stagnant as a 3 week old puddle and Oak Hill is suffering from success hangover. Don't think this game will be to exciting, low scoring affair. Oak Hill by 3 pts 

Alexandria over MG. Alexandria gave the Eagles a solid showing last week and MG got curb stomped again. Not sure if the Tigers have the horse power to score 70 pts but we'll find out tonight. Tigers win by 56 

Frankton over Blackford. I think this will be a close game but in the end the Eagle's QB scrambling and passing will be the difference in this game. Blackford will put some points on the board with their "guess who had the ball" offense. Eagles win by 2 tds

Eastbrook over Mississinewa. This game will be close and I think it will be one of those that who has the ball last wins. Close game and worth the cost of admission and some over oiled popcorn. Panthers by a TD

Oak Hill over Elwood.  One of these teams will get thier first victory, I believe it will be OH. Elwood's offense is as stagnant as a 3 week old puddle and Oak Hill is suffering from success hangover. Don't think this game will be to exciting, low scoring affair. Oak Hill by 3 pts 

Alexandria over MG. Alexandria gave the Eagles a solid showing last week and MG got curb stomped again. Not sure if the Tigers have the horse power to score 70 pts but we'll find out tonight. Tigers win by 56 

Frankton over Blackford. I think this will be a close game but in the end the Eagle's QB scrambling and passing will be the difference in this game. Blackford will put some points on the board with their "guess who had the ball" offense. Eagles win by 2 tds

Eastbrook over Mississinewa. This game will be close and I think it will be one of those that who has the ball last wins. Close game and worth the cost of admission and some over oiled popcorn. Panthers by a TD

XStar    8

Eastbrook's starting QB doesn't run much this year.  If Mississinewa can focus on keeping the guys like Singer and Barajas in check and force the QB to keep the ball and make plays then they have a great chance to win this game.  Hale has only rushed for 37 yards and one touchdown in 4 games so far.  I would cheat towards the others on the option and see if he can make the plays to beat me if I were Mississinewa.  

4 hours ago, XStar said:

Eastbrook's starting QB doesn't run much this year.  If Mississinewa can focus on keeping the guys like Singer and Barajas in check and force the QB to keep the ball and make plays then they have a great chance to win this game.  Hale has only rushed for 37 yards and one touchdown in 4 games so far.  I would cheat towards the others on the option and see if he can make the plays to beat me if I were Mississinewa.  

Eastbrook's quarterback last year wasn't much of a runner either but they still ran the ball very well. They've been a wing dominant flexbone offense since Singer left. Anybody have an idea what Brajas has been doing this year. Haven't had the chance to see many stats, but I would imagine he's probably not had the best stats considering Eastbrook had been putting in subs after half in most games.

• Upvote 1

XStar    8
1 minute ago, Ballstatecard said:

Eastbrook's quarterback last year wasn't much of a runner either but they still ran the ball very well. They've been a wing dominant flexbone offense since Singer left. Anybody have an idea what Brajas has been doing this year. Haven't had the chance to see many stats, but I would imagine he's probably not had the best stats considering Eastbrook had been putting in subs after half in most games.

Didn't Mississinewa pretty much shut them down last year though?  Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

At any rate, Barajas has the best stats of anyone but the starters have played maybe around the equivalent of a couple of games so far.  The past two weeks were a complete joke before the end of the first quarter.  Only Huntington North still resembled a game at halftime but got out of hand early in the 3rd.  

djbowzz    6

If I remember correctly(And I could be completely wrong).  Wasn't Singer the QB last year, and if so, is it the same Singer that is now a running back?  

Also, not to make excuses for last year's game, Barajas was out with an ankle injury and I believe a couple of linemen were also injured.

Again could be wrong, and if I am somebody correct me.

Just a hunch, Maybe coach has been letting our current QB not run as much, saving him for this game to unleash his running abilities.

Can't wait for this battle tonight!  Hope it is as good as we all are hoping it will be or Ivanhoes could get busy early!

Hope all the athletes have a great game tonight and stay Healthy!  Leave it all on the field boys!!

GO PANTHERS!!!    Bring home Frank!!!

RiverRat99    15
2 hours ago, djbowzz said:

If I remember correctly(And I could be completely wrong).  Wasn't Singer the QB last year, and if so, is it the same Singer that is now a running back?  

Also, not to make excuses for last year's game, Barajas was out with an ankle injury and I believe a couple of linemen were also injured.

Again could be wrong, and if I am somebody correct me.

Just a hunch, Maybe coach has been letting our current QB not run as much, saving him for this game to unleash his running abilities.

Can't wait for this battle tonight!  Hope it is as good as we all are hoping it will be or Ivanhoes could get busy early!

Hope all the athletes have a great game tonight and stay Healthy!  Leave it all on the field boys!!

GO PANTHERS!!!    Bring home Frank!!!

Liddick was QB last year,  I think.  

djbowzz    6

Facebook live. Search wiwu tv 51.

Edited by djbowzz

4 hours ago, XStar said:

Didn't Mississinewa pretty much shut them down last year though?  Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

At any rate, Barajas has the best stats of anyone but the starters have played maybe around the equivalent of a couple of games so far.  The past two weeks were a complete joke before the end of the first quarter.  Only Huntington North still resembled a game at halftime but got out of hand early in the 3rd.  

I'm not doubting they shut Eastbrook down last year. I was just saying during last year in general their quarterback didn't run much and they still ran well. I'm agreeing with you that they need to focus on their wings

25_Seconds    11

My Panthers were too much for the rats this year. Eastbrook wins 42-21. The defense was outstanding as they caused several turnovers. Unless a wheel falls off, the CIC was won tonight. Oh yeah.... and we got FRANK (the milk can) back where he belongs.

GO PANTHERS!