• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
WCGrad92

GridIron Digest Poll Week 6

6A    Total    
1    Ben Davis    130    13
2    F.W. Snider    117    
3    Warren Central    81    
4    Center Grove    80    
5    Avon    73    
6    Valparaiso    68    
7    Lawrence Central    66    
8    Carmel    37    
9    Westfield    19    
10    Lafayette Jefferson    17    
   Others Receiving Votes: Penn    9, Homestead    6, Franklin Central    6, Pike    3, Columbus North    2,    
    Brownsburg    1    

5A    Total    
1    Roncalli    159    15
2    Columbus East    129    
3    New Palestine    118    
4    Indpls. Cathedral    109    1
5    Decatur Central    91    
6    Concord    77    
7    Michigan City    49    
8    LaPorte    32    
9    Zionsville    30    
10    Plainfield    25    
Others Receiving Votes: Bloomington South    17, Terre Haute North Vigo    17, Bedford-North Lawrence    9,    
    Floyd Central    7, Castle    5, Harrison (W.Laf.)    5, McCutcheon    1    

4A    Total    
1    Evans. F. J. Reitz    137    12
2    Lowell    111    
3    Evans. Central    103    
4    NorthWood    92    
5    New Haven    71    
6    East Central    67    2
7    F.W. Bishop Dwenger    43    
8    Northridge    38    
9    New Prairie    29    
10    Greenwood    27    
Others Receiving Votes: Angola    20, Mishawaka    9, Plymouth    5, Griffith    5, Hobart    4, Franklin County    3,    
    Lebanon    3, Silver Creek    3    

3A    Total    
1    West Lafayette    155    6
2    Gibson Southern    126    4
3    Indpls. Cardinal Ritter    124    3
4    Evans. Memorial    118    2
5    Indpls. Bishop Chatard    110    1
6    F.W. Concordia Lutheran    87    
7    Danville    75    
8    Guerin Catholic    47    
9    Lawrenceburg    44    
10    Brebeuf Jesuit    16    
Others Receiving Votes: F.W. Bishop Luers    14, Mishawaka Marian    7, Vincennes Lincoln    6, Knox    4,    
    Brownstown Central    1, Sullivan    1    

2A    Total    
1    Eastbrook    150    8
2    Woodlan    149    7
3    Indpls. Scecina    125    1
4    Southridge    96    
5    Tipton    75    
6    Western Boone    72    
7    Evans. Mater Dei    68    
8    Rensselaer Central    63    
9    Triton Central    43    
10    Linton-Stockton    26    
Others Receiving Votes: Milan    9, Shenandoah    2, Mitchell    1    

A    Total    
1    Pioneer    170    17
2    Indpls. Lutheran    136    
3    Monroe Central    123    
4    Churubusco    120    
5    Fountain Central    101    
6    Sheridan    78    
7    Eastern Greene    74    
8    Carroll (Flora)    47    
9    Adams Central    19    
10    Lafayette Central Catholic    18    
10    South Adams    18    
Others Receiving Votes: North Central (Farmersburg)    12, Southwood    11, Eastside    4, Hagerstown    2,    
    North Vermillion    2    

There you have it folks.

Lafayette Jeff being ranked in 6A is ridiculous.  They've played a really easy schedule for a 6A team and have zero quality wins to warrant a ranking in 6A.  Every team that received a vote in 6A this week would be 5-0 so far with Lafayette Jeff's schedule.  There are at least 18 teams in 6A that are better football teams than Lafayette Jeff.

Edited by LC Bears 04
  • Upvote 1

Time will tell 

I saw them this summer 1st hand and watched them vs LCC week 1 on MTC live stream.  

They will have their opportunity to come sectional with Carmel and Westfield 

They play who they play in their conference:  Not like they are independent and can go and schedule all sorts of different schools.  

They used to play 4a Western, South Adams a quality 1a squad, the last few years, 5a Huntington North and 3a Norwell who was really good at one time just a few year ago.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eastside10 said:

Eastbrook you got your wish! 

Ranked #1

Now play someone!

Shots fired!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Eastside10 said:

Ranked #1

Now play someone!

They also got to #1 by playing with players that come through the excellent feeder systems of the Eastbrook area.

Does Scecina have any feeder systems or just offer "scholarships" to play...errr... get a great education?  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Eastside10 said:

Ranked #1

Now play someone!

Told you so!!!  Sorry your feelings are hurt!  Trust me if Scecina is as good as you claim they are, they will get the chance to play Eastbrook!  I for one would love to see that game!!  I guess until then you can stare at the sag rankings and wonder, what happened??

Edited by pantherpride
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, djbowzz said:

They also got to #1 by playing with players that come through the excellent feeder systems of the Eastbrook area.

Does Scecina have any feeder systems or just offer "scholarships" to play...errr... get a great education?  

It's called the CYO of Indianapolis. Please don't confuse The crusaders with Cathedral. Eastbrooks 5 opponents have a combined 4 wins. Scecina opponent coming win total is more than double that at 10. So as a poster said earlier play someone worth wild first. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, warren05 said:

It's called the CYO of Indianapolis. Please don't confuse The crusaders with Cathedral. Eastbrooks 5 opponents have a combined 4 wins. Scecina opponent coming win total is more than double that at 10. So as a poster said earlier play someone worth wild first. 

The only team that Scecina has played was against Roncalli, and we know how that turned out!!  So get off of your soapbox!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, warren05 said:

"worth wild"? I'm confused, pleas elaborate more about the wildness that would be worth our #1 rank. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Pantherpride67 said:

"worth wild"? I'm confused, pleas elaborate more about the wildness that would be worth our #1 rank. 

"please"

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Von2Rov said:

This thread :13_v:

image.png

Shades of Monrovia vs Ritter thread circa 2009!!!! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I admit, I'm MIC-Centric, but I'll take any MIC team over some of the teams that are ranked in 6A that aren't in the MIC. I don't vote that way in the GID poll, though. 

To me, these rankings are for fun and they are all opinion. That said, if Lafayette Jeff is ranked, that's a tribute to what Coach Shanley has done with that program because there was a time not long ago that they weren't.  Valpo is ranked because Coach Coyle and his staff have done a great job...etc. etc.

Whether this team is that good or that team is this good enough to be ranked will all get settled later. Frankly, we may never know who the best teams are in the state because they'll take each other out somewhere along the way instead of having the best game be the state title game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope Eastbrook/Scecnia play in tournament. I don't care who wins or by how much I'll just want to creep on the thread for a week and upvote all the funny parts and probably stir the pot with comments I don't even mean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, djbowzz said:

The CYO East Deanery feeds into Scecina High School. The  Schools/programs are Holy Spirit, Little Flower, ND Academy, OL Lourdes and Holy Cross. There are only 2 CYO 78 Grade teams in the East Deanery this year. You must be new to the Digest as the recruiting deal has been played over and over on this forum. Scecina does offer a great education.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, cyoguru said:

The CYO East Deanery feeds into Scecina High School. The  Schools/programs are Holy Spirit, Little Flower, ND Academy, OL Lourdes and Holy Cross. There are only 2 CYO 78 Grade teams in the East Deanery this year. You must be new to the Digest as the recruiting deal has been played over and over on this forum. Scecina does offer a great education.

Jeez - I didn't realize there were only 2 Cadet teams on the East side this year.  How're the other 3 Deaneries looking?

15 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Jeez - I didn't realize there were only 2 Cadet teams on the East side this year.  How're the other 3 Deaneries looking?

St. Michael is only Westside Deanery Cadet team this year. St. Malachy is only fielding a 56 team and St. Monica has zero teams. East and Westside are struggling on numbers. Both Northside and Southside are ok but have consolidations of schools in some cases. There are 18 cadet teams this year in 3 divisions of 6. 

On 9/22/2017 at 4:06 PM, cyoguru said:

St. Michael is only Westside Deanery Cadet team this year. St. Malachy is only fielding a 56 team and St. Monica has zero teams. East and Westside are struggling on numbers. Both Northside and Southside are ok but have consolidations of schools in some cases. There are 18 cadet teams this year in 3 divisions of 6. 

I'm sure Coach Scifres will be looking and working hard to get the numbers up on the East and West Deanery schools. He is an outstanding person to talk to and a great choice to replace the retiring Ed Tinder. 

I'm sure Coach Scifres will be looking and working hard to get the numbers up on the East and West Deanery schools. He is an outstanding person to talk to and a great choice to replace the retiring Ed Tinder. 

LOL.....u a funny person!     No way!

• Upvote 1