Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wide Open 6A

5 hours ago, Route2andholtz said:

I think Sparty was put to bed. Like said Carmel wins the north and it’s not even close.  

Yeah, I know. Homestead was certainly over there head in this one. Carmel is always a good team and will normally be one when you have 5,000 plus students. 

Just now, psaboy said:

Yeah, I know. Homestead was certainly over there head in this one. Carmel is always a good team and will normally be one when you have 5,000 plus students. 

A school of 5000 beating a school of 2400 by a score of 31-7 sounds about right. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Boilerup said:

Actually would have loved to see homestead and Merrillville. Would have been a great game. I am from the region but I think homestead would win. 

Hard to say. Merrillville is a solid team. Beating Lafayette Jeff and coming within an extra point of Valpo is impressive.

Homestead had a great season. It was unfortunate they lost their starting running back a few weeks ago. They outplayed Carmel for a quarter and a half. Carmel is a big, physical team. They slowly beat the Spartans down.  

1 hour ago, BTF said:

More than likely.....................2200 vs 5000. It's an uphill climb for sure. 

Man, you’ve come a long way from “Any of the top three in the SAC would beat Noblesville by at least 21.”

That OT win for Homestead a few weeks back really must’ve cut deep and killed your drive.

Is your life really that pathetic that 50% of your posts are meant to stir up controversy? Lol, don't answer that, I already know the answer. Still mad that I made you donate to the GID?

Edited by BTF
none
  • Haha 1

I thought the majority of us believed carmel was a favorite for our different reasons maybe..nonetheless the favorite..they will be favored against the pirates n rightfully so..battling the lion is the beauty of it..from Rudy to rocky..somebody gotta do it..their playoff record was quoted on air one game I watched..most yrs they win state by beating their mic counterpart which is (cough cough) considered the best conference in the state so even they have a hard time beating them..would one more game help decide this best team in the state debate? After the finals..1a vs 2a..3a vs 4a..5a vs 6a? Heck give em2 rings! 😁

Edited by Justasportsfan
Grammatical error
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BTF said:

A school of 5000 beating a school of 2400 by a score of 31-7 sounds about right. 

LN, LC and CG all have about 2400 students and they often compete with and have beaten Carmel in recent seasons. And LN/LC have typically been in the bottom half of the MIC the past few seasons. This shows the MIC is better than every other conference in the state top to bottom. The HCC has a few teams that can also compete and beat MIC teams but outside of that very few can. This isn't a knock on any teams outside the MIC. It's just a fact the MIC and HCC teams have separated from the rest of the state.

11 hours ago, BTF said:

Silence...................which means that Temptation is in the process of digging up whatever information he can find to prove that I didn't "make" him do anything. Lot's of time on this little fella's hands. 

September:  "Don't sleep on Homestead.  They have what it takes to compete for the title and I am offended that anyone would suggest otherwise.  Too much regional bias."

Early October:  "Homestead, or any of the top three would crush Noblesville by at least three scores."

Late October:  "Homestead's injuries were too much to overcome."

November:  "The enrollment numbers are too much of an uphill climb."

You sound defeated, both in the head and the pocket book.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

CG has about 2500...during a period from 2008-18, CG is 6-7 against Carmel (including playoffs) and a number of those games have been barnburners.  That's why its a rivalry.  

No disagreement Carmel is a big, big school....but CG and the Lawrence Schools would be defeated before they got off the bus if they felt like victims.  

I believe Carmel goes to the south next year....No more possible MIC finals.  The brutal south bracket just got even tougher next year.

Tentatively, they take the place of Zionsville, and will be in a sectional with Avon, Brownsburg, and Pike. Pretty darn tough sectional!

8 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

CG has about 2500...during a period from 2008-18, CG is 6-7 against Carmel (including playoffs) and a number of those games have been barnburners.  That's why its a rivalry.  

No disagreement Carmel is a big, big school....but CG and the Lawrence Schools would be defeated before they got off the bus if they felt like victims.  

I believe Carmel goes to the south next year....No more possible MIC finals.  The brutal south bracket just got even tougher next year.

No doubt, Center Grove it'st the program all of the smaller 6A schools should try to emulate in some fashion. But, Lawrence itself is a very large distracts compared to the normal non-Marion County Township. It's entirely possible that LN, more so LC, have benefited from being the school football players in Lawrence Township find a way to attend. I doubt HS kids feel defeated before they got off the bus. I just think the reality is that there are a lot of 5A/6A schools that don't have the depth to compete with large MIC schools. Look at Merrillville, demographically they're very similar to Warren Township. You don't think it benefits Warren to have nearly double the kids Merrillville has? 

20 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

No doubt, Center Grove it'st the program all of the smaller 6A schools should try to emulate in some fashion. But, Lawrence itself is a very large distracts compared to the normal non-Marion County Township. It's entirely possible that LN, more so LC, have benefited from being the school football players in Lawrence Township find a way to attend. I doubt HS kids feel defeated before they got off the bus. I just think the reality is that there are a lot of 5A/6A schools that don't have the depth to compete with large MIC schools. Look at Merrillville, demographically they're very similar to Warren Township. You don't think it benefits Warren to have nearly double the kids Merrillville has? 

With the exception of a couple years with Jason West, LC and LN have been fairly even. I attribute the success those year as much to his coaching and the lack of athletes playing for Coach Dilley. Some of those players may have gone to LC instead, but most of them just chose to not play football. Once Mallory took over several existing students suddenly showed up in the weight room. They have both been competitive since but it's hard to win consistently in the MIC even for the big boys. So to say the schools similar in size to LN/LC/CG can't compete with the Carmel/BD/WC isn't just a size issue. It's also just the level of talent available in the Indy metro area is ahead of other regions in the state. I'm not sure exactly why, but it's true. I still admire the quality and effort of the teams outside of Central Indiana. They are still getting incredible high school football opportunities and won't back down to the central Indiana teams. But even if Carmel/BD/WC were to split in half, those teams would still be very competitive in the state.

1 minute ago, JustRules said:

It's also just the level of talent available in the Indy metro area is ahead of other regions in the state. I'm not sure exactly why, but it's true.

Talent gets developed in Indy and Ft. Wayne. There's talent in Gary, East Chicago, and Hammond to be developed. I'm not sure why it doesn't happen annually as opposed to those areas putting out 1 or 2 D1 recruits every 5-10 years. I'm sure socioeconomic play a factor. Looking at Indy, there are huge differences between Warren/Ben Davis/Lawrence vs IPS schools.

39 minutes ago, JustRules said:

With the exception of a couple years with Jason West, LC and LN have been fairly even. I attribute the success those year as much to his coaching and the lack of athletes playing for Coach Dilley. Some of those players may have gone to LC instead, but most of them just chose to not play football. Once Mallory took over several existing students suddenly showed up in the weight room. They have both been competitive since but it's hard to win consistently in the MIC even for the big boys. So to say the schools similar in size to LN/LC/CG can't compete with the Carmel/BD/WC isn't just a size issue. It's also just the level of talent available in the Indy metro area is ahead of other regions in the state. I'm not sure exactly why, but it's true. I still admire the quality and effort of the teams outside of Central Indiana. They are still getting incredible high school football opportunities and won't back down to the central Indiana teams. But even if Carmel/BD/WC were to split in half, those teams would still be very competitive in the state.

Mallory's arrival at LN has not gotten a ton of fanfare, but he deserves more credit for changing that culture. They now field a full, MIC-style roster with very good players. Tom Dilley's a great football coach, but I think in his last year he had 36 players finish the game against BD that year. Coach Mallory has done a great job and, with McCulley coming back next year, they will be strong.

44 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Mallory's arrival at LN has not gotten a ton of fanfare, but he deserves more credit for changing that culture. They now field a full, MIC-style roster with very good players. Tom Dilley's a great football coach, but I think in his last year he had 36 players finish the game against BD that year. Coach Mallory has done a great job and, with McCulley coming back next year, they will be strong.

Something didn't click for him there. The last year he had 50 players grades 9-12 so your 36 number sounds reasonable. In February Coach Mallory had 125 kids in the weight room and that would have only included grades 9-11 since the seniors were already done. There were a lot of boys in the building who wanted to play but didn't for some reason want to play for Coach Dilley. Mallory has kept those numbers up throughout his time. They have had a solid team the past 3-4 years but can't get over the hump consistently.