Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Region Game of the Year : 6-0 Merrillville at 6-0 Valparaiso

Guest DT

Well, apparently I misread and it was on Porter County TV. Great comeback from Valpo. Crazy ending. Merrillville almost got away with a blatant Offensive PI on that last TD that was called back. Not sure I saw the penalty they actually called. Blocking in the back?

The production crew really needs to scrap the field level view. It’s awful and they’re usually late on switching back to press box view.

Edited by Boilernation

Back Judge called Block in the Back penalty about 20 yards behind the ball on the hash when a Merrillville player accidentally ran into Valpo player from behind. Not sure if the Valpo guy purposefully slowed down to "draw the charge" but I think the Merrillville guy was just running downfield watching his teammate score & not trying to block at all.

If you are a Pirate fan, you think you got screwed.

If you a Viking fan, you say it was Offensive PI anyway. 

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Here’s a link to the game. It’s at the 2:39:50 mark when Ville was facing 4th and 19 at the end of the 4th quarter. 

https://www.ihsaatv.org/schedule-and-replays?sort=replay

Watched it just now. Could not tell well enough from the video whether there should have been either OPI or DPI. But the block in the back was an incorrect call. It was not a foul. The cause was the back judge was not where he should have been on the play. Bad mechanics cause bad calls.

• Like 3