Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

A heart warming story

When Tom Landry passed away, he was greeted at the Pearly gates by Saint Peter. St. Pete said "Welcome Coach Landry and job well done. We have a surprise waiting for you that we think you'll be very pleased with." He led Coach Landry through the gates and down a golden road. Coach Landry's curiosity and excitement began to grow as he saw that they were walking towards a large stadium. As they came closer, Coach Landry could hear the sound of loud cheers. He looked at St. Peter who simply smiled back at him.

When they arrived at the stadium St. Peter led him through the tunnel and onto the playing field. The stadium erupted with cheers when the crowd of angels saw him walking toward the sideline. St. Peter turned to him and said with a wink "Welcome to the game Coach Landry. We've been patiently awaiting this day."  Coach Landry looked across the field and saw his old friend and rival Vince Lombardi waiving to him, ready to do battle once more. 

As St. Peter turned to walk away Coach Landry stopped him and said "Saint Peter, this is all wonderful. I can't wait to start the game, but before you go I have to ask you a question. I see there is a strange tower like contraption located behind each endzone. What are those?"

Saint Peter replyed "those are endzone cameras. They film the game from an elevated endzone perspective for you to use for evaluation and teaching purposes. It's a fascinating tool that has evolved for coaches. Your camera is located in the South endzone. It's a Sideline Power 20 foot High Definition model with a 19 inch monitor. It's a really good model. I think you'll be very pleased with the results."

Saint Peter could see that Coach Landry had a puzzled look on his face so he asked him what was wrong. Coach Landry replied "Well Saint Peter, I certainly don't mean to complain, but I can see that Coach Lombardi has a much taller endzone camera in the North endzone. Why does he get to use that one and what is the difference between it and my model?"

Saint Peter smiled with a look of amusement washing over his expression. He nodded and said "Oh, that's a Hi-Pod X31 endzone camera. It has a 31 foot telescoping tower, High Definition camera, 11 inch High Definition monitor, and premium rain gear. Also, that's not Coach Lombardi's endzone camera. That's God's endzone camera".  

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

OK Tanka, you have infuriated me with your endless touting of endzone cameras on nearly every thread on this forum. Yet I have to applaud you for this one, well played State Farm.

Once upon a time I enjoyed watching both Dallas and Houston(Oilers only) games. Always thought Landry was the epitome of what a coach was supposed to be. Then he was unceremoniously retired by the present ownership and replaced by J@#@!y J*&^%$$n. From that day forward my two favorite NFL teams have been the Oilers/Titans and whoever Dallas is playing. 

Again Tanka thanks for being part of the GID.

Just now, Coach Nowlin said:

truth be told, had no idea their was a "cap"   

Check with @DK_Barons as he is the man behind the curtain on all things tech

@Tanka Jahari handing out those Bit of Honey on this fine Halloween night 

Insert “thank you” reaction**

@DK_Barons my man....help me spread some love in these threads. If I had to guess there is a rolling 24 hour clock with 10 reacts per 24 hours. How about we double that up. 

There are just too many posts that I want to give a thumbs up to or 😂😂😂 react to. 

please sir. Help us poors