Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

-Jennings County topped 50 points tonight for the first time since their week 1 win against Batesville in 2011 when they tallied 51 points. Iyan Bass was the senior tailback on that team.

-The 57 points they put up tonight was the most since 2010 when they put up 61 on Jeffersonville in a regular season-ending win.

-The 30 point margin of victory is their most since 2014 when they defeated Greensburg in week 2 by a score of 43-7. That would be their only win of the season.

49 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Maybe JC will finally turn it around.

It's going to take time. Won't happen overnight. They've got the perfect guy for the job though. There's excitement surrounding the program again. The place was packed out. I haven't seen that many people there in years.

8 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I’m going up there in 2 weeks for FC/JC. Should be a good test for the pass defense.

Probably for a half. Like I said, they have so many two-way players that they tend to fizzle out in the second half. The more physical the opponent the quicker they tire out.

If anybody is interested, here's an article The Republic out of Columbus did on Jennings County coach Justun Sharp back in May after he was hired. Might have the best background of anyone to ever coach football there.

http://www.therepublic.com/2019/05/16/former_north_assistant_to_lead_jennings_football/

Edited by Frozen Tundra
  • Like 2

Mid-Season update...

having seen half the conference play at this juncture and reading on each team as the season has progressed I offer this 😀

East is East and I truly believe they will make some noise come playoff time in 6A

Floyd seems to be the second best team in the conference but I don't think they are head and shoulders above anyone. 

Everyone else throw into a big mixing bowl. 

From the eye test Seymour was way overrated playing the type of schedule BNL played for several years and rolling out 4-0 against way below average competition. That's not all bad when you are rebuilding your program. BNL played South Dearborn for a few years and an IPS school so I get it. But they were not the better team last night on the field vs. BNL which was by far the best team they had played this season. They could have very well beaten the Stars but BNL was the better team. 

BNL players hopefully believes after last night that they can compete for and win the Sectional which they can.  This is a team that has been severely affected by injuries and took some shots again last night injury wise.  As I've said in this forum the only problem has been heart and effort.  Outside of Gaddis there is no other team in the HHC that has a better coach and if the locals can stay on course this year and next year in 2 years and going forward BNL will have gotten to where they need to be to compete year in and year out in 5A.  Madison was absolutely a gut check and an embarrassing loss (that's to not in anyway minimize Madison) those boys gave 110% and played with heart and emotion when BNL let them hang around  kudos to their coach and players for that but they are in no way close to BNL or even Jennings County for that matter speed and talent wise but I sure hope the best for Madison they deserve success I hope they continue to put in the work to improve.  

I do feel that New Albany with a great sophomore class can continue to improve and pull off a win or two and compete for the section title they are in as the season progresses.  Jeffersonville remains a head scratcher for me as they have the speed and ability to compete.  I thought they were improving effort and discipline wise under Glesing and for the conference sake I was sad to see him leave. 

With how BNL had played their first two games offensively I was nervous going up against JC they were much better than Madison I thought after watching the two teams play in back to back weeks. 

So after East & Floyd I don't know how you'd rank the rest of the conference

I have my opinions but since this is a fact base thread I'll wait to see how others rank it halfway through 😂

27 minutes ago, starbacker said:

Mid-Season update...

having seen half the conference play at this juncture and reading on each team as the season has progressed I offer this 😀

East is East and I truly believe they will make some noise come playoff time in 6A

Floyd seems to be the second best team in the conference but I don't think they are head and shoulders above anyone. 

From the eye test Seymour was way overrated playing the type of schedule BNL played for several years and rolling out 4-0 against way below average competition. That's not all bad when you are rebuilding your program. BNL played South Dearborn for a few years and an IPS school so I get it. But they were not the better team last night on the field vs. BNL which was by far the best team they had played this season. They could have very well beaten the Stars but BNL was the better team. 

BNL players hopefully believes after last night that they can compete for and win the Sectional which they can.  This is a team that has been severely affected by injuries and took some shots again last night injury wise.  As I've said in this forum the only problem has been heart and effort.  Outside of Gaddis there is no other team in the HHC that has a better coach and if the locals can stay on course this year and next year in 2 years and going forward BNL will have gotten to where they need to be to compete year in and year out in 5A.  Madison was absolutely a gut check and an embarrassing loss (that's to not in anyway minimize Madison) those boys gave 110% and played with heart and emotion when BNL let them hang around  kudos to their coach and players for that but they are in no way close to BNL or even Jennings County for that matter speed and talent wise but I sure hope the best for Madison they deserve success I hope they continue to put in the work to improve.  

I do feel that New Albany with a great sophomore class can continue to improve and pull off a win or two and compete for the section title they are in as the season progresses.  Jeffersonville remains a head scratcher for me as they have the speed and ability to compete.  I thought they were improving effort and discipline wise under Glesing and for the conference sake I was sad to see him leave. 

With how BNL had played their first two games offensively I was nervous going up against JC they were much better than Madison I thought after watching the two teams play in back to back weeks. 

I have my opinions but since this is a fact base thread I'll wait to see how others rank it halfway through 😂

1. Columbus East
2. Floyd Central
3. BNL
4. Seymour
5. Jeffersonville
6. New Albany
7. Jennings County
8. Madison

1 hour ago, starbacker said:
1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

BNL players hopefully believes after last night that they can compete for and win the Sectional which they can.  This is a team that has been severely affected by injuries and took some shots again last night injury wise.  As I've said in this forum the only problem has been heart and effort.  Outside of Gaddis there is no other team in the HHC that has a better coach and if the locals can stay on course this year and next year in 2 years and going forward BNL will have gotten to where they need to be to compete year in and year out in 5A.

I think this is spot on. BNL JV and Freshman have athletes coming up - They should be fun to watch.

6 hours ago, starbacker said:

Mid-Season update...

Sectional probably comes down to FC/BNL. Homefield could be a factor.

• Like 2

I would say the big game of the week is Floyd @ CE. Floyd brings in the top rusher in the state, and I’m sure he is still top 3/5 in the country.. Big question, will Floyd’s line be able to open up holes for Wright? Great RB with tons of speed, but not much you can do if the O-Line can’t get you some openings. Should be an interesting match-up to watch from Stafford Field. 

11 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I would say the big game of the week is Floyd @ CE. Floyd brings in the top rusher in the state, and I’m sure he is still top 3/5 in the country.. Big question, will Floyd’s line be able to open up holes for Wright? Great RB with tons of speed, but not much you can do if the O-Line can’t get you some openings. Should be an interesting match-up to watch from Stafford Field. 

You never know. But we struggled to get a push against Jeffersonvilles front 7. Floyd would need to roll out a potent passing game for this game to be competitive. I think it’s a 42-10 type of game. Wenkers might bust 1 for a TD. I hope I’m wrong. But that’s where I stand.

12 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

As long as the draw doesn't put you on the same side of the bracket.

Well that’s what I mean. I just think NA and Jeffersonville are in much bigger rebuilds right now. I think Floyd Central is better than BNL. I don’t think it’s by a wide margin. I’ve seen FC upset better BNL teams in the Sectional(2008). I’ve seen BNL upset better FC teams in the Sectional(2011).

I like our chances if it’s at home. But up in Stars country........that could be dangerous.

42 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

You never know. But we struggled to get a push against Jeffersonvilles front 7. Floyd would need to roll out a potent passing game for this game to be competitive. I think it’s a 42-10 type of game. Wenkers might bust 1 for a TD. I hope I’m wrong. But that’s where I stand.

My prediction stands at 41-20... I don’t think we completely shut down Wright. I think he breaks 1 for a TD.. 

49 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Well that’s what I mean. I just think NA and Jeffersonville are in much bigger rebuilds right now. I think Floyd Central is better than BNL. I don’t think it’s by a wide margin. I’ve seen FC upset better BNL teams in the Sectional(2008). I’ve seen BNL upset better FC teams in the Sectional(2011).

I like our chances if it’s at home. But up in Stars country........that could be dangerous.

I’ve always had genuine respect for Floyd. I can’t say that about many other teams, certainly not a majority of HHC teams.

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

My prediction stands at 41-20... I don’t think we completely shut down Wright. I think he breaks 1 for a TD.. 

He’s a great athlete, but your defense is the real deal.

1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

I’ve always had genuine respect for Floyd. I can’t say that about many other teams, certainly not a majority of HHC teams.

I respect all the HHC teams. I’ll cheer for all the other teams come playoff time. We all want to see the HHC get stronger. Even the East fans want that.

• Like 3