Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

North Daviess Cougars @ Linton Miners

5 hours ago, kingtut said:

I think the Miners will begin to pull away with their first offensive possession.  Look for running clock in second half.

Thinking the same thing Tut.  I think the Miners will come out and score on their first possession.  Also thinking they are going to score a few times on drives of 5 plays or less.  While it's nice that North Daviess has improved, people have to remember, the Miners are improved also.  And now that the QB for the Cougars is out this week, I expect scores for them is going to be scarce.

On 9/23/2019 at 12:07 PM, itiswhatitis said:

Considering North Daviess is 4 - 1 this year instead of 2 - 3, 0 - 5, and 0 - 5 like the past 3 years, that would suggest "improvement".  However, let's not forget, the Miners are improved themselves.  They haven't been sitting  back just waiting for other schools to catch up.  

Gotta admit, you were right. Linton has improved much more than North Daviess has. 41-8 Miners at the half

Watching the Greene County Sports Network webcast tonight for the first time.

I get it now. I mean the “shortcomings”

Guys, just give me down and distance, ball on whatever yard line, time remaining and I could cover Miner football remotely from the comfort of my kitchen!!! On scoring plays, how many yards did it cover and how much time was on the clock! Instead of all the jibber-jabber!

I don’t mean to trash GCSN.Rocks. Like Phil Harris Golf Course, at least it’s something, it’s there and it’s convenient.

But for crying out loud, at least give us the basics!!!

Edited by ts32
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 11:52 PM, Miner_Pride said:

Definitely hate to see my friend ts32 head out.. but I KNOW we will still get to hear his thoughts...perhaps even more-so right here.. no matter where he roams!

So I am hearing the starting QB at ND suffered a Concussion at West Vigo and will not be playing this week. Hopefully he will be ok as the year progresses.. Certainly been a terrific start for 2019 in Coach Fine's 2nd season at ND.  

As you mentioned Townsend filled in at qb tonight. Good athlete and a hell of a basketball player. Playing football for the first time this year I think.

Nice to see good athletes multi-sport!

10 hours ago, ts32 said:

Guys, just give me down and distance, ball on whatever yard line, time remaining and I could cover Miner football remotely from the comfort of my kitchen!!! On scoring plays, how many yards did it cover and how much time was on the clock! Instead of all the jibber-jabber!

I don’t mean to trash GCSN.Rocks. Like Phil Harris Golf Course, at least it’s something, it’s there and it’s convenient.

I appreciate being able to watch the next day...but, your right...if you are not paying attention...you probably not going to figure the in game stats and such...lol

On 9/27/2019 at 8:39 PM, ts32 said:

yep.. .this is what I am most proud of with my broadcast of 20 years...... history.. stats.. .game set up... what's happening... info.    If I were listening what would I want to know... that's my approach.. and of course... loving LInton Miner Football like I do.

1 hour ago, Miner_Pride said:

yep.. .this is what I am most proud of with my broadcast of 20 years...... history.. stats.. .game set up... what's happening... info.    If I were listening what would I want to know... that's my approach.. and of course... loving LInton Miner Football like I do.

I just dont get this. Your both in the Pressbox. Is it so hard to link? Im betting that's easy but GCSN doest wanna slip MP a Hundred bucks a game. Lousy commentary from those guys in fact I dont even watch it anymore. Its really a disservice to HS Football to continue this way.

5 hours ago, globemstr3 said:

I just dont get this. Your both in the Pressbox. Is it so hard to link? Im betting that's easy but GCSN doest wanna slip MP a Hundred bucks a game. Lousy commentary from those guys in fact I dont even watch it anymore. Its really a disservice to HS Football to continue this way

Well truthfully... and let me say before I go any further...I get along  with everybody in the booth.  We have a lot of jokes and laughs, and work together best we can in usually cramped situations.  The road games are a little rough because nobody expects a small school to come in with both radio and a separate video steam going out.  So... where for years we always had a guaranteed spot in the booth at away games, because we always have been the flagship Miner FOotball station..particularly with teams we had played for years... now...it can be a matter of who gets there first... and it's not unusual to find that we are sitting where you can't always see so well.. but that also happens to those guys too.  Also what Gregg  has gone through with the loss of his daughter Madi I wouldn't wish on anyone.  

I take a lot of pride in doing the broadcasts. Nobody will know the amount of work and time I put into it.  A lot of it just because I am an information junkie concerning Linton Football.  I don't think anyone can challenge me on that... at least the last 20 or so years... now KingTut has me absolutely beat to the ground in over all knowledge of Miner Football through the years!!!!

Truth is.. GCSN and Media Five Sports are competitors...each appealing to a small window of advertisers in a small region with limited funds.  I know a whole lot of folks have tried.. unsuccessfully, to somehow align our audio with their video.  I've inquired myself because so many have asked.  Truth is..again… despite the respect Darren and myself get for the broadcasts... people want to watch the video.  Back when Jared Albright jumped into the fray with his outstanding video stream production.. we were the talk of the area.  He used our Audio feed, and his multi camera set up... and really was like watching a TV Production.  We got all sorts of talk around the state, and of course globally... tons of MIner Faithful across the country and world were following the Miner March for the state title.  As we headed into 2016's season...I think... suddenly GSCN came aboard.  THey had covered Eastern Greene the year before...but now they became a new presence ...and to be honest I didn't see the need. 

I appreciate what they brought to Greene County in coverage of so many different sports and events...I thought it was a great thing for the community, but I felt the football side had been covered just fine.  You have to admire that they stuck their feet in... but I think they'd of been out of the picture had our production continued as was.  Unfortunately..I knew the time and work was really a lot for Jared, and he had family that needed him as well.... So when he made the decision to not do the video side, and Keith didn't want to make the leap into the video side...well that re-opened the door for the GCSN guys to fill a void.. a big void... because there were and still are huge numbers of folks who watch that video stream.  It's gotten to where the all the bars, clubs, garages...all have it on their big screens ..and less and less people actually come to the games...  We were starting to see that in our broadcasts with Jared.  The hospital, coal mines, nursing homes, restaurants that all had our broadcasts on the radio... were going to the video stream...  and now...it's what they all do.  As I've said many times... I wonder when some schools decide against allowing video streaming of games because of lost revenue... or they start charging for the right to stream games. I don't think audio is an issue.   Sports and Radio have gone on like bisquits n gravy, bacon n eggs forever.  But when you noticeably see crowds down...and you hear so many people say they watched the game at here..or there.....and you think.. yeah but.. the kids need to see this place packed and loud..etc…  I know I know.. some people can't get to the game...and for that I think it's a great service... 

Like I said.. I like the guys at GCSN.  They too put a lot of time and effort into what they do.  And it's a lot of late nights and hard work.  I will say that I feel like Darren and I are the voices of Linton Football.  Darren is a dang good announcer...and he does terrific basketball broadcasts as well.  I don't have any desire to do anything but football LOL!  The video stream certainly has taken a bite out of the Audio broadcast.  Certainly advertisers are going to be aware of the views their ads are going to get with all the places having in on a wall of big screens on every corner.  I do have fear that at some point Keith will decide to pull out o Linton … he's got a bunch of stations doing various games elsewhere.  He's not a Linton guy...He could decide to move on... but we would still owe him a debt of gratitude for keeping Miner Football on the airwaves.  This is the only team I know that actually has live video streaming... at least in such a small market.  It's one thing if the radio station is also doing the video because you aren't competing...but in the case it is.  LInton loves it's football no question about it... where else would you get that in such a small area?!?!