Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Top 25 Programs All-Time

On 1/3/2020 at 2:38 PM, Basementbias said:

Just imagine if we (Adams Central) could have won some of those semi state appearances instead of just 1!

Just imagine if we (Columbus East) didn’t have to play Cathedral in Semi-State in 4A 😂. Those Irish teams were monsters. 

On 1/3/2020 at 2:38 PM, Basementbias said:

Just imagine if we (Adams Central) could have won some of those semi state appearances instead of just 1!

Just imagine if we (Columbus East) didn’t have to play Cathedral in Semi-State in 4A 😂. Those Irish teams were monsters. 

On 12/6/2019 at 1:11 PM, MICFan34 said:

It's amazing to see some of these top 25 programs that have been good since the 80s. Tradition never graduates is a real thing for almost all of these schools in the top 25. 

Some of the top 25 teams though that haven't been uber-successful in the last decade or so (or more): Jimtown, Hobart, Roncalli, Luers, Franklin Central, Sheridan, Ritter. I know some of these schools still win sectionals and regionals but they're not as proficient and dynastic as they used to be.  It makes you wonder what happened to those schools from their previous hey-days. 

Ritter has played in 3 state championship games and won 2 of them in the last decade so I think they easily qualify for the top 25 list.

My top 25 programs (in no particular order as well)

1. LCC

2. Sheridan

3. Linton-Stockton

4. Pioneer

5. Adams Central

6. Eastbrook

7. Mater Dei

8. Jimtown

9. Hobart

10. Chatard

11. Luers

12. Dwenger

13. Ritter

14. Roncalli

15. Snider

16. Carmel

17. Cathedral

18. Warren Central

19. Penn

20. Andrean

21. Northwood

22. Heritage Hills 

23. Lowell

24. Evansville Memorial

25. Ben Davis

Honorable Mention: Jasper, Bloomington South, Merrillville, Center Grove, Tri-West, Columbus East, West Lafayette, Rensselaer Central, SB St. Joe's, Valpo, Reitz, Scecina, Danville, Franklin Central, Bremen, Western Boone, and New Pal. 

My criteria was to get a certain number of teams from each region and to get a specific number of teams from each class as well. There are some HUGE programs that I left out of even the honorable mention (Avon, Franklin Central, Brownstown Central, Castle, Concord, Griffith, Lawrenceburg, Mishawaka, Mishawaka Marian, North Judson, Southridge, Westfield) but I wanted to weigh semistate and state appearances a lot more than sectional championships. Teams with lots of recent success in the last 20 years (CG, WL, NP, Wesfield) were really hard to leave off but I wanted to consider the entire program's body of work as opposed to having a recency bias. 

I'm sure I completely left off a few no-brainers but after referring to John Harrell, this was the list I came up with. 

Edited by MICFan34

7 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

My top 25 programs (in no particular order as well)

1. LCC

2. Sheridan

3. Linton-Stockton

4. Pioneer

5. Adams Central

6. Eastbrook

7. Mater Dei

8. Jimtown

9. Hobart

10. Chatard

11. Luers

12. Dwenger

13. Ritter

14. Roncalli

15. Snider

16. Carmel

17. Cathedral

18. Warren Central

19. Penn

20. Andrean

21. Northwood

22. Heritage Hills 

23. Lowell

24. Evansville Memorial

25. Ben Davis

Honorable Mention: Jasper, Bloomington South, Merrillville, Center Grove, Tri-West, Columbus East, West Lafayette, Rensselaer Central, SB St. Joe's, Valpo, Reitz, Scecina, Danville, Franklin Central, Bremen, Western Boone, and New Pal. 

My criteria was to get a certain number of teams from each region and to get a specific number of teams from each class as well. There are some HUGE programs that I left out of even the honorable mention (Avon, Franklin Central, Brownstown Central, Castle, Concord, Griffith, Lawrenceburg, Mishawaka, Mishawaka Marian, North Judson, Southridge, Westfield) but I wanted to weigh semistate and state appearances a lot more than sectional championships. Teams with lots of recent success in the last 20 years (CG, WL, NP, Wesfield) were really hard to leave off but I wanted to consider the entire program's body of work as opposed to having a recency bias. 

I'm sure I completely left off a few no-brainers but after referring to John Harrell, this was the list I came up with. 

Jasper, Center Grove, and New Pal were probably the hardest three to leave off in my opinion, just because of Jasper's illustrious history, Center Grove's success in the last 20 years, and New Pal's unparalleled success in the last 5 years. 

Jasper, Center Grove, and New Pal were probably the hardest three to leave off in my opinion, just because of Jasper's illustrious history, Center Grove's success in the last 20 years, and New Pal's unparalleled success in the last 5 years. 

Edited by MICFan34

On 1/5/2020 at 1:15 PM, GC42 said:

Ritter has played in 3 state championship games and won 2 of them in the last decade so I think they easily qualify for the top 25 list.

I personally don’t know if they qualify or not but Ritter lost the 2A State Championship in 2012 against a Luers team led by Jaylon Smith whose ONLY loss to an Indiana team was to the 5A State Finalist Snider (there were only 5 classes those days before we watered it down....it appears many want to keep adding water these days).  Ritter smoked Chatard (who won the 3A State Crown) that year and Chatard defeated Cathedral (who won the 4A State Crown) that same year.

Ritter was damned good in 2012....just ran into a MONSTER Luers team that year.

Edited by Lysander