Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CLASS 2A All State (Senior & Juniors)

Congrats to Webo QB Spencer Wright for being selected QB Mr. Football Position Award Winner as well as the Top 50 Team!

Congrats to Webo Head Coach for being named 2A Head Coach of the Year & Travis Brunes being named 2A Assistant Coach of the Year (DC).

Congrats to Webo Seniors: Casey Foster, Brett Wethington, & Connor Hole for being selected to 2A All State Team

Congrats to Webo Junior Luke Marsh for being selected to the 2A Junior All-State Team!

https://ifca.net/download/IFCA-Mr.-Football-Position-Award-Winners-2019.pdf

https://ifca.net/download/IFCA-Top-50-All-State-Team-2019.pdf

https://ifca.net/download/IFCA-Coach-of-the-Year-Awards-2019.pdf

https://ifca.net/download/2A-Senior-All-State-2019.pdf

https://ifca.net/download/2A-Junior-All-State-2019.pdf

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

not going to lie, a bit surprised that Wright beat out both Kyle Adams and QB at Cathedral 

I think a lot of it has to do with him winning State in back to back years and the stats he put up in both State Finals games.  

25/35 330 yards 4 Tds and 1 Int & 84 yards Rushing

14/18 254 yards, 2 Tds & 1 INT & 56 yards Rushing

3 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I think a lot of it has to do with him winning State in back to back years and the stats he put up in both State Finals games.  

25/35 330 yards 4 Tds and 1 Int & 84 yards Rushing

14/18 254 yards, 2 Tds & 1 INT & 56 yards Rushing

What were his season and career numbers? We they on par with what those other two QB's did?

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan said:

What were his season and career numbers? We they on par with what those other two QB's did?

Ask the IFCA.  They are the ones that selected him.  

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan said:

Did either of one of them win back to back State Championships?

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 2

55 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Ask the IFCA.  They are the ones that selected him.  

Did either of one of them win back to back State Championships?

I was just asking a question. Because I actually want to know.  It was not an attack on him... winning two titles that's hard at any class and good for him being selected on this honor. I still want to know how the numbers match up. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hughes said:

Surprised that the 2nd leading tackler in the state could not make the 2A defense.

How many did he have?  Cass does not get their stats sent to Maxpreps.  We link our Hudl to Maxpreps but they won't ever appear.  The Humphrey kid made it and he had 136.  He also was a great TE for us.  Could have made it at either position IMO.

On 12/9/2019 at 2:50 PM, Hughes said:

Surprised that the 2nd leading tackler in the state could not make the 2A defense.

My understanding of IFCA awards, like coach's association awards for other sports, is that it starts with the players' own coaches.  If they don't put your name in the hat, you're not going to be one of the candidates.  I firmly believe that my son would not have received his all-state honors if I had not asked one of the coaches if his stats made him worthy of submission.  I could tell that they had not put much thought into submitting his name until I asked the question.  Knowing this and then also seeing kids who had lackluster stats (in various positions) make the lists, likely because more names were not brought forward, devalued the awards in my mind.  The same thing happened in volleyball this year when I saw that a mid-tier volleyball program in our conference had two girls that received coach's association all-state honors.  Both girls were okay players but not all-state caliber.  Their coach did a great job of getting them exposure.  

On 12/9/2019 at 3:47 PM, 1st and Goal said:

That is with only playing 2 Quarters in most games the last 2 years

Also includes games like the regional (I coach for HCS) which he was virtually a non factor. Not because he isn't an outstanding QB but because all he needed to to was hand off.

24 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

2X state champ.

So all WL had to do was beat, Guerin, then Chatard, both on the road, then FW Concordia  then Mish Marian, then make it to 3a State and Beat Heritage Hills? 

If you are scoring at home, that would of been 4 straight Private schools on their way to Lucas. 

That would of made up the difference between the 2?  

All 3 were tremendous QBs and athletes.  I know I am bias, however facing Kyle Adams 2 times in person and all the game film that I watched of him, the throws he made, the fact he got a legit big time scholarship to James Madison, a premier program in the FCS division was enough for me to see him on the Mr. Football ballot as QB position winner. If Kyle Adams was 6'1 he is not going James Madison........

Not a knock against Wright, very good HS QB himself.   

37 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

So all WL had to do was beat, Guerin, then Chatard, both on the road, then FW Concordia  then Mish Marian, then make it to 3a State and Beat Heritage Hills? 

If you are scoring at home, that would of been 4 straight Private schools on their way to Lucas. 

All 3 were tremendous QBs and athletes.  I know I am bias, however facing Kyle Adams 2 times in person and all the game film that I watched of him, the throws he made, the fact he got a legit big time scholarship to James Madison, a premier program in the FCS division was enough for me to see him on the Mr. Football ballot as QB position winner. If Kyle Adams was 6'1 he is not going James Madison........

Gauntlet for sure, but you gotta beat who ya gotta beat to get there, public or private.

40 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Should the voting take college potential into account?

23 hours ago, BigTimeDB said:

My understanding of IFCA awards, like coach's association awards for other sports, is that it starts with the players' own coaches.  If they don't put your name in the hat, you're not going to be one of the candidates.  I firmly believe that my son would not have received his all-state honors if I had not asked one of the coaches if his stats made him worthy of submission.  I could tell that they had not put much thought into submitting his name until I asked the question.  Knowing this and then also seeing kids who had lackluster stats (in various positions) make the lists, likely because more names were not brought forward, devalued the awards in my mind.  The same thing happened in volleyball this year when I saw that a mid-tier volleyball program in our conference had two girls that received coach's association all-state honors.  Both girls were okay players but not all-state caliber.  Their coach did a great job of getting them exposure.  

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

If you look at the top 50 Indiana QBs (passing yards) and then from that 50 rank the top10 based on QBR - Adams is for sure there. The others (WeBo, Cathedral) do not make this list. These awards are part numbers, part coaches, and part politics/other non-football factors.

Yds Yds/G Comp Att Pct TD Int Rate
1 3802 345.6 261 344 0.759 42 6 143.7
2 2576 234.2 190 270 0.704 31 4 132.6
3 3938 328.2 294 407 0.722 55 10 131.9
4 1886 235.8 113 177 0.638 19 2 130.8
5 3168 264 158 271 0.583 43 6 129.7
6 2263 150.9 166 252 0.659 32 4 127.4
7 1894 157.8 118 190 0.621 24 4 126.2
8 2332 179.4 140 218 0.642 28 8 124.5
9 2778 231.5 175 286 0.612 27 2 122.1
10 2671 242.8 168 270 0.622 31 8 121.1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Coach, you are allowed to have your opinion thats what makes this forum great.  You saw Adams twice and his stats (which are crazy).  Wright called plays at the line and audible out of stuff as he saw Defenses. He didnt have to throw for for yards... I kept waiting for Defenses to stack just so he could throw it.  Eastbrook kind of did that and Spencer did what Spencer does and he made plays.  I feel like because Spencer didnt throw for 2500 yards people will say he is underserving.  But for those that watched all 30 games he played in the last 2 years know how good he is.  I honestly believe Webo doesnt win back to back titles without 7 behind center and I think that in large part is why he is a finalist.

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Coach, you are allowed to have your opinion thats what makes this forum great.  You saw Adams twice and his stats (which are crazy).  Wright called plays at the line and audible out of stuff as he saw Defenses. He didnt have to throw for for yards... I kept waiting for Defenses to stack just so he could throw it.  Eastbrook kind of did that and Spencer did what Spencer does and he made plays.  I feel like because Spencer didnt throw for 2500 yards people will say he is underserving.  But for those that watched all 30 games he played in the last 2 years know how good he is.  I honestly believe Webo doesnt win back to back titles without 7 behind center and I think that in large part is why he is a finalist.

He is absolutely good HS football QB   Not saying otherwise

Listen, I get it, every year we can have these conversations, no doubt every year GREAT KIDS get left off Top 50, All State, AP All State, Region All Star teams, All Star Games.   Been at this 17 years as a coach, Been on these boards since its inception as well, so trust me I get it.   

Like I originally said, I was surprised Adams wasn't the choice and his name was not on the Mr. Football ballot.   

Absolutely that last part I bolded is very true.  

• Like 1