Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2020 Mr Football Predictions

I agree with both names above but yet me add three more, though I think they may be long shots...

Donaven McCulley - Lawrence North

Daylan Carnell - Ben Davis

Preston Terrell - Brownsburg

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Valpo’s Cooper Jones

Correct me if I am wrong but there has only been one non skill position player in the history of the award, no?

Does Jones play both ways?

Fair or not, it seems to matter in this thing.

33 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Yes, Bo Barzilauskas.

Linemen need not apply.......

Do we see a problem with this?  I know it is much less flashy and more difficult to place a statistical value on the importance of non-skill positions (which sounded offensive as I typed it) but the fact remains...

18 hours ago, Coach Hanson said:

Not sure what all Homestead is bringing back but I would guess that Luke Goode will be a top candidate next year.

Heard through the grapevine that Luke struggled with the decision to play QB this past season. He has zero interest in playing football in college.  Basketball is his future.  So, maybe he doesn't even play football his senior year.

36 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Heard through the grapevine that Luke struggled with the decision to play QB this past season. He has zero interest in playing football in college.  Basketball is his future.  So, maybe he doesn't even play football his senior year.

If this is true then I would take my prediction back and say that Preston Terrell would be my new front runner. 

2 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Yes, because your grapevine of Carson Steele being finished two months ago was so reliable.  🙄

7 hours ago, Temptation said:

Do we see a problem with this?  I know it is much less flashy and more difficult to place a statistical value on the importance of non-skill positions (which sounded offensive as I typed it) but the fact remains...

Do I see a problem with the fact that the highest ranked HS players Indiana produces yearly and most every Indiana HS players who later plays on Sunday are “non-skill” players yet only once has someone from those ranks been recognized as Mr. Football?

Yeah....just maybe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, saintsguyseh said:

Jaylon played rb i believe might be wrong but i know he did play offense as well

Played RB also to being the National Butkus HS LB Award winner

9 hours ago, saintsguyseh said:

Jaylon played rb i believe might be wrong but i know he did play offense as well

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, Lysander said:

Do I see a problem with the fact that the highest ranked HS players Indiana produces yearly and most every Indiana HS players who later plays on Sunday are “non-skill” players yet only once has someone from those ranks been recognized as Mr. Football?

Yeah....just maybe.

Solution?

On 12/31/2019 at 12:56 PM, Temptation said:

Played quite at bit at RB.  

In all fairness, if he didn't play RB, it would have been hard not to give the Butkus Award winner and #1 linebacker in the country the award. Also, I could be wrong about this, but i don't think he played much RB in the regular season. Most of the running came after the coaching change when the playoffs started. 

So the big question is...............if you're not in the top 5 of your position group nationally as a non skill position player, will you even have a chance? I say it's doubtful.