Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2019 HCC Predictions

Who comes out on top of the HCC in 2019. Zionsville has a new coach and Noblesville and HSE coaches in their 2nd year.  Is Franklin Central better after getting their feet wet in year one?  Brownsburg and Avon still extremely talented. Fishers always a tough out and Westfield trying to get to the top.  Whats your predictions......

1. BBurg  2. Avon 3. Zionsville 4. Fishers 5. Westfield 6. Noblesville 7. HSE 8. FC

39 minutes ago, Coach P said:

Who comes out on top of the HCC in 2019. Zionsville has a new coach and Noblesville and HSE coaches in their 2nd year.  Is Franklin Central better after getting their feet wet in year one?  Brownsburg and Avon still extremely talented. Fishers always a tough out and Westfield trying to get to the top.  Whats your predictions......

1. BBurg  2. Avon 3. Zionsville 4. Fishers 5. Westfield 6. Noblesville 7. HSE 8. FC

I think your predictions are pretty much spot on.  BBurg and Avon are interchangeable.  I'd move Westfield up to #3. I think HSE will rebound and end up 4 or 5.

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

On a side note, I see that Avon has replaced Plainfield on their non-con schedule with Columbus North.  I like this and it should be a very good series.  Anxious to see the non-con schedules of the other HCC teams!

CN wants in to The HCC.  Good first step

Zionsville brings back a lot of talent up front while losing the majority of their offensive skill players. However, the bring back a good QB (who saw action in a lot of games last year and was a contender for the starting job), the starting RB who is now a Sophomore and other receivers who could step in and fill some voids. The defense brings back everyone with only graduating a couple of starters on that side of the ball and expect to improve with the new, but familiar, DC. I expect similar success as they had last year, however, they are still chasing Brownsburg and Avon at the top. My guesses:

1.) Avon

2.) Brownsburg

3.) Zville 

4.) Westfield

5.) HSE

6.) Fishers

7.) Noblesville

8.) FC 

19 hours ago, Staxawax said:

On a side note, I see that Avon has replaced Plainfield on their non-con schedule with Columbus North.  I like this and it should be a very good series.  Anxious to see the non-con schedules of the other HCC te

Did FC bite off more than they can chew by joining this conference?   

2 hours ago, DT said:

Did FC bite off more than they can chew by joining this conference?   

I don't think that is necessarily true. They definitely struggled in year one, particularly against the top half of the conference (Brownsburg, Avon, Westfield, Zionsville). However, they were fairly competitive against Fishers, HSE, and Noblesville. 

Can they win the conference this year? Probably not, unless there is a significant jump from last year. But I think the can be middle of the road and win a few more games if they improve in the right areas. I still think they finish in 8th, however wouldn't surprise me if they finished 6th or 7th after picking up a couple wins.