Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Packers 2019

DumfriesYMCA

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Tough game tonight as far as playoff positioning goes. In my mind, it’s a toss up.....buuuuuuut, go Seahawks 🙂

I concur.  I want to win the division and we need all the breathing room we can get:

Washington--sure 3-9, but you never know 

Chicago--they actually think they can make the playoffs 

Detroit--the game at Lambeau earlier this season was way to close, but Stafford is not playing 

Minnesota--if we do lose a game, this will be it

• Like 1

Niners game was a toss up in my mind. It was a fun game to watch. Interesting call on the fake punt of no DPI. I get it. There is only so much a DB can do when you line up in punt formation. I like that exception, honestly. 
As Rodgers said in the press conference, I am ok with ugly wins at this point.  I hope we win ugly all the way to the Super Bowl. The Redskins D is legit though. The Packers are not the only team they have frustrated. They have a decent offense....not much of a run game. I thought Haskins was a liability last year for OSU, and he showed some of his old habits yesterday, hesitating in the pocket, not looking comfortable, some throws that were off.......along with a few great plays. He definitely has some skills though. That catch by McLaurin was unreal. 
As far as the rest of the schedule, I don’t see the Bears staying with Green Bay. I do think the Vikings game will be a tough one. While Cousins is the weak link, they have plenty of weapons, and their defense is rock solid. If that is the only loss the rest of the way, it is not a killer. I do want them to hang on to the number 2 seed at least, which they have right now. A loss likely drops them to number 3. Could they end up playing the Vikings twice in a 3 week period? 

• Thanks 1

The offensive line giving up just a couple of pressures today; the X factor in my mind. Mack was a non factor for most of the game. Packers left a lot of plays on the field. Rodgers said in the pre game that when they look at the two games they played really well, Aaron Jones was heavily involved. Welllllllllll.....I did not think they did a good job using him today. My brothers and I were texting during the game. It does seem this team is worse playing with a lead than they were under McCarthy. I then thought, maybe it was not just McCarthy. This offense does not adjust well to pressure. It seems like a basic thing that if you have a team down big, they are going to take some chances on defense. I am not feeling too confident about next week at this point. N my mind, if they want to make a statement going into the post season, this is the game to do that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

The offensive line giving up just a couple of pressures today; the X factor in my mind. Mack was a non factor for most of the game. Packers left a lot of plays on the field. Rodgers said in the pre game that when they look at the two games they played really well, Aaron Jones was heavily involved. Welllllllllll.....I did not think they did a good job using him today. My brothers and I were texting during the game. It does seem this team is worse playing with a lead than they were under McCarthy. I then thought, maybe it was not just McCarthy. This offense does not adjust well to pressure. It seems like a basic thing that if you have a team down big, they are going to take some chances on defense. I am not feeling too confident about next week at this point. N my mind, if they want to make a statement going into the post season, this is the game to do that. 

The offense is frustrating.  WRs we have drafted are not shaping out as well as they should have.   Sure they make a good play that we will remember but they will play bad for the rest of them. Or in MVSs case just consistently blow an open look. 

winning games but we will need some magic for a post season run.  Need to draft a WR....not a project either. Someone who has good routes and hands with good metrics. 

no more raw players who need to be refined.  Use that 1st rounder and grab someone who will make an impact on day 1.  Shoot trade up for lamb or maybe ruggs or trade way up if possible and get Jeudy who will be 5-10 most likely 

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Very disappointed in the Packers.  They were up 21-3 and should have salted the game away, yet the opposite happens.  Can't have any more breakdowns like this...

Yeah. Watching the packers go through the first 15 plays of the gameplan with ease and then holding on for life to barely win is getting frustrating....it’s gotta be damn near every game now besides like 2 

I think the Niners and Chargers games are the only games this year that offense started poorly and never got on track at any point. It is frustrating to watch. As I said before, I used to put the blame squarely on McCarthy. I think we know that Rodgers has much more freedom with the offense now. He is MUCH better playing from behind in close games. This has really been a problem that he has had since he became the starter in Green Bay. Even the Super Bowl followed this script. Difference is that they had a defense that forced a LOT of turnovers. 

16 hours ago, Gipper said:

Dalvin Cook will most likely not play on Sunday.

Several years ago, I was watching Mike and Mike and Golic was talking about playing in big games. He said something along the lines of, I know people say things like we want that team to be completely healthy when we play them so we can say we beat them when they were at full strength. You know what? That was complete bull. I wanted our opponents as beat up as possible. I. Don’t care how we win, I just want to win. lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Several years ago, I was watching Mike and Mike and Golic was talking about playing in big games. He said something along the lines of, I know people say things like we want that team to be completely healthy when we play them so we can say we beat them when they were at full strength. You know what? That was complete bull. I wanted our opponents as beat up as possible. I. Don’t care how we win, I just want to win. lol

I'd rather have Kirk Cousins healthy and Dalvin Cook injured than the other way around.

• Like 2

Didn’t really see that coming, but happy to take the win.  Although Aaron Rodgers wasn’t his normal self, the running game was great.  Only allowing 10 points was on the (in a building we had never won) was also good.  Happy Holidays, cheeseheads!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the bowl games this week, Green Bay really needs to start looking to the future. I know it’s not likely that guys like Trevor Lawrence and Justin Herbert won’t be around when the time comes, but hey need to be thinking ahead. The season that Rodgers has had should increase the sense of urgency to get his replacement on the roster. 

A little distraction during the bye week. My cousin bought me a Packers puzzle that is killing me. It is a Scramble Squares puzzle. It is just 9 pieces. There is an image on each edge. All the edges have to match exactly. I included a link that has an image. I have to say, I love puzzles, but this one has me pissed off.....to the point I searched online for solutions. With ALL the technology and so many “cheats” to anything we can imagine, there is NOT a single one out there for this puzzle. My OCD is in hyper drive now. Anyone have this puzzle? Anyone solve it yet? 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scramble-Squares-Green-Bay-Packers-NFL-9-Piece-Puzzle-/254274656038

On 1/1/2020 at 7:52 PM, Irishman said:

Watching the bowl games this week, Green Bay really needs to start looking to the future. I know it’s not likely that guys like Trevor Lawrence and Justin Herbert won’t be around when the time comes, but hey need to be thinking ahead. The season that Rodgers has had should increase the sense of urgency to get his replacement on the roster. 

I agree.  Rodgers has 2-3 good seasons left in the tank and GB could also use some receivers.   That guy out of Washington (name?)  could be a good QB pickup and as for WR, I like Quintez Cepheus out of Wisconsin.

Good luck with the puzzle.  I have a QR puzzle to solve myself...

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Time to get schizo again!  Jacob Eason is the QB out of Warshington and Tee Higgins (Clemson) and Justin Jefferson (LSU) are two wideouts worth looking at.

Devonte smith in the 2nd is who we will take 

likely going ILB in the 1st 

Us right now 94198737-ED83-4C63-86F9-F71CDD6E98BA.thumb.jpeg.e881cf58fb4b9947166168477751db39.jpeg

• Like 2