Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Scrimmages

I'm not sure if QB was Grimes. QB play was good. The 2nd play of scrimmage, the qb three a nice deep pass for td. I was just really impressed with Valpo's o line and running game. Their right tackle that is going to Western Michigan, Hofer, plays with an attitude. I think any qb is going to look good behind their online!

Went to Cass' scrimmage vs Southwood.

Not many guys coming back for Cass. Southwood looked good. 

I really don't know much about Cass yet but I know Lytle, Tyler Johnson, Tyson Johnson, Moss and Meister... are gonna have to lead the way..gonna be tough sledding against some of the team's they play. 

6 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Again you are a part of the problem.  That is why we are in the situation we are in.  The selfishness of some people are why we can't get a handle on this.

The company is a huge corporation with annual revenue of 76B. Obviously the union lawyers know their legal rights and the union has drawn a line in the sand. The company lawyers appear apprehensive to cross that line due to fear of losing an arbitration hearing or court case.

6 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Please do not make posts personal when they needn't be. This is a warning. We have a forum where politics can be discussed widely, please use that and not this platform that is intended for sports talk. I know the issue is sensitive and linked, but in the end, we can't have posts being personal or aggressive. If you want to call me a Karen or a Nancy, come meet me in the parking lot behind the mosque near my apartment in northern Iraq. With transfers, you should be able to make it within 15 hours.

So he can't say that but you can threaten him with "meet me in the parking lot?" That isn't a good look for this forum at all. 

Edited by AG

The most encouraging aspect is our plant has had no further spread of the coronavirus during the past three months despite 800-900 union workers working 6-7 days per week who refuse to wear masks or social distance.

Just finished watching the Bosse/Linton scrimmage (thanks again sr1).  The Miner defense pitched a shutout.  The only score that Bosse got was a pick 6.  The Miner offense scored 8 times according to what I saw.  They scored through the air and on the ground.  The Miners are a young team but there is some good speed on both sides of the ball.   I'd say the "star of the game" was #2 for the Miners n defense. He is a linebakcer for the Miners and was all over the field making plays.   I believe it is Eslinger.  Maybe I spelled his name wrong.  Sorry if I did.  He had a fantastic game and kicked butt in the tradition of Miner LB's.  Other than throwing 3 picks, the Miner offense looked good.  The running game is a typical Miner running game.  They were getting yards in chunks from the Wing T.   I thought the secondary played well also.  I thought the D line could stand to get more pressure on the QB.  It wasn't bad, but not as good as past Miner teams.  Something to work on I guess.  Overall, it looks like the Miners have reloaded and can look forward to another good season.  Next Friday they start to count.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Just finished watching the Bosse/Linton scrimmage (thanks again sr1).  The Miner defense pitched a shutout.  The only score that Bosse got was a pick 6.  The Miner offense scored 8 times according to what I saw.  They scored through the air and on the ground.  The Miners are a young team but there is some good speed on both sides of the ball.   I'd say the "star of the game" was #2 for the Miners n defense. He is a linebakcer for the Miners and was all over the field making plays.   I believe it is Eslinger.  Maybe I spelled his name wrong.  Sorry if I did.  He had a fantastic game and kicked butt in the tradition of Miner LB's.  Other than throwing 3 picks, the Miner offense looked good.  The running game is a typical Miner running game.  They were getting yards in chunks from the Wing T.   I thought the secondary played well also.  I thought the D line could stand to get more pressure on the QB.  It wasn't bad, but not as good as past Miner teams.  Something to work on I guess.  Overall, it looks like the Miners have reloaded and can look forward to another good season.  Next Friday they start to count.

The young Miner team looked very good in the scrimmage both offensively and defensively.  Five or six running backs showed hard running and produced good yardage plays behind the OL.  However, as usual, the Linton passing game was nothing to brag about.  Bosse also has a young team and they actually didn't show much resistance to the Miners on either side of the ball.  A much better indication of the Miner future success will come Friday night at Southridge.  The JV looked very good in their set of downs both on the O and D.  They followed that up with a 40 - 0 victory at Owen Valley last evening.  Linton has only 5 seniors on the roster and two of them are currently on the injured list.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingtut said:

The young Miner team looked very good in the scrimmage both offensively and defensively.  Five or six running backs showed hard running and produced good yardage plays behind the OL.  However, as usual, the Linton passing game was nothing to brag about.  Bosse also has a young team and they actually didn't show much resistance to the Miners on either side of the ball.  A much better indication of the Miner future success will come Friday night at Southridge.  The JV looked very good in their set of downs both on the O and D.  They followed that up with a 40 - 0 victory at Owen Valley last evening.  Linton has only 5 seniors on the roster and two of them are currently on the injured list.

I was thinking the Linton roster has a lot of juniors and sophomores this year.  And with only 5 seniors, that means they should be very good next year.  Congrats to the JV for their big win!  And yes, the JV looked good against Bosse also and scored a few times on offense and gave up no scores on defense.  I was surprised at how fast the Miners looked on both sides of the ball.  I think we are going to see some long TD runs this year and by more than one running  back.  Was also surprised they used 3 different QB's on offense.  Isn't Goodman the starter?

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

I was thinking the Linton roster has a lot of juniors and sophomores this year.  And with only 5 seniors, that means they should be very good next year.  Congrats to the JV for their big win!  And yes, the JV looked good against Bosse also and scored a few times on offense and gave up no scores on defense.  I was surprised at how fast the Miners looked on both sides of the ball.  I think we are going to see some long TD runs this year and by more than one running  back.  Was also surprised they used 3 different QB's on offense.  Isn't Goodman the starter?

I heard Goodman’s jersey ripped and he had to wear 22 for most of the scrimmage.  That may be why you saw 3 different QB’s.

Edited by Footballfan

2 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

You did see three QB's but not as you thought.  Goodman had a jersey change to No 22 which was confusing.  Goodman is the starter but you'll see a lot of soph Hunter Gennicks as well.  Gennicks seems to be the QB of the future but you also saw freshmen Ty Boyd #9 take a couple of snaps with the varsity and ran the JV series.  He's a big kid, 6' 190 and looks good. Last year's 8th grade QB and now the JV QB.  Junior Drew Smith was the eighth grade QB and JV backup to Goodman but now is a bruising 6' 2" 215 lb WB/FB/LB  He had two impressive TD runs Saturday night.  Personally, after seeing the Miners' personnel Saturday evening, I've gone from semi-despair to semi-confident. 🙂

Edited by kingtut

59 minutes ago, kingtut said:

You did see three QB's but not as you thought.  Goodman had a jersey change to No 22 which was confusing.  Goodman is the starter but you'll see a lot of soph Hunter Gennicks as well.  Gennicks seems to be the QB of the future but you also saw freshmen Ty Boyd #9 take a couple of snaps with the varsity and ran the JV series.  He's a big kid, 6' 190 and looks good. Last year's 8th grade QB and now the JV QB.  Junior Drew Smith was the eighth grade QB and JV backup to Goodman but now is a bruising 6' 2" 215 lb WB/FB/LB  He had two impressive TD runs Saturday night.  Personally, after seeing the Miners' personnel Saturday evening, I've gone from semi-despair to semi-confident. 🙂

I thought Boyd took a couple of snaps with the varsity.  So I DID see 3 QB's.  I am with ya on from feeling more confident.  Just hope as young as they are they done get over confident in themselves.   Yeah it was scrimmage, but I was impressed with the team speed AND the good tackling I saw.  

2 hours ago, Footballfan said:

I heard Goodman’s jersey ripped and he had to wear 22 for most of the scrimmage.  That may be why you saw 3 different QB’s.

Actually I think he got blood on it so he had to change.  However Boyd took a few snaps with the varsity so there was 3 different qb's that played.  Boyd is the JV qb this year.

Actually I think he got blood on it so he had to change.  However Boyd took a few snaps with the varsity so there was 3 different qb's that played.  Boyd is the JV qb this year.

I know the streaming guy said blood on the jersey but it actually was a badly torn jersey that necessitated the change.

• Like 1