Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC 2020

Schools in Northeast Indiana continue to practice and are scheduled to play scrimmages on Saturday. Here is my early prediction for the SAC.

Tier 1

1) Dwenger will once again be one of the top teams in 5a. Enough to topple the mighty Vikings of Valpo? Maybe or maybe not, but good enough to win the very deep SAC. If defense wins championships, the Saints will conquer 2020.

2) Will the NHC newcomers run the table in 2019 and 2020? Homestead did it last year, Carroll has a chance this year. I think Carroll could be fielding their best team to ever take the gridiron. They may boast the best passing attack in all of Northern Indiana this fall. That's a bold statement, but it's possible. 

3) Snider is young, but talented. They have some Division 1 studs with some major offers, including a young quarterback with D1 potential. If their supporting cast can step up to the standard that the Snider program has set over the past four decades, this team could sneak in an SAC title and a possible run to semi-state.

Tier 2

4) I think Homestead will have a pretty good team this year. Like I said in an earlier thread, they were my pick to represent 6A North this year before their quarterback decided to focus on basketball instead of football (a D1 talent in both sports). That being said, the Spartans drop to #4. Still enough talent to be dangerous, but I think the SAC is a three team race.

5) Concordia will have another solid year. They have to enough returning in my opinion to close the gap between them and Chatard in this year's semi-state. I don't see them taking the SAC, but they can beat any of the top 4 on any given night. Don't sleep on the Cadets, because if you do, you'll be ringing up a loss...............that includes you Chatard.  

Tier 3

6) Northop seems to improve just a little bit each year. If that continues, I look for them to place somewhere between 4-6. This year, there is no shame in placing 6th in the SAC. And with all the talent roaming the Northrop halls, it won't surprise me WHEN they finally have a breakout year. Their coaching staff is solid. 

7) I almost forgot about the Redskins of North Side. That's OK though, because as dangerous as they may be, I think the six I have ahead of them will be more dangerous. They have a D1 quarterback prospect to lead the way, but it remains to be seen if they have a supporting cast to compete with the upper echelon.

8 -  The Luers contingent will have my head for this, but I still don't see them as the program they once were. And I just happen to like Concordia, Northrop, and North Side this year. So I have no qualms with placing them at #8. I hope they prove me wrong though. I'd love nothing more than to see them back to a prominent level. 

9) Enter coach Sherwood Haydock. He's proves his worth with a state championship at Harding and a state championship appearance at Woodlan. He compares Wayne to Harding, only 3 times larger. If he's right, there will be a new kid on the block in the SAC. Actually, I'd be surprised to see them finish 9 in a 10 team conference. But I don't know how I can place a team that was 0-9 last year in the SAC any higher considering the depth of the conference. 

Bottom

10) With marquee names like Lattimore and Norfleet suiting up in green, do the South Side Archers have something in store for the rest of the conference? Remains to be seen. Good luck to them. 

Good review. I think Snider is probably slotted correctly, but you never know. I know you said young team, but thought I heard somewhere they have 30+ seniors on team I think Haupert could be good one at QB. He is sophomore so not sure if he will get the call or not, but hear he is good.

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Good review. I think Snider is probably slotted correctly, but you never know. I know you said young team, but thought I heard somewhere they have 30+ seniors on team I think Haupert could be good one at QB. He is sophomore so not sure if he will get the call or not, but hear he is good.

I think the Top 3 could finish in any order. I like Homestead in the 4 spot. Five through nine is a crap shoot among some pretty decent teams. I think the SAC could be pretty exciting this year. I'm curious to see how Homestead handle's Northrop in Week 1. 

On 8/12/2020 at 3:30 PM, BTF said:

Schools in Northeast Indiana continue to practice and are scheduled to play scrimmages on Saturday. Here is my early prediction for the SAC.

Tier 1

1) Dwenger will once again be one of the top teams in 5a. Enough to topple the mighty Vikings of Valpo? Maybe or maybe not, but good enough to win the very deep SAC. If defense wins championships, the Saints will conquer 2020.

2) Will the NHC newcomers run the table in 2019 and 2020? Homestead did it last year, Carroll has a chance this year. I think Carroll could be fielding their best team to ever take the gridiron. They may boast the best passing attack in all of Northern Indiana this fall. That's a bold statement, but it's possible. 

3) Snider is young, but talented. They have some Division 1 studs with some major offers, including a young quarterback with D1 potential. If their supporting cast can step up to the standard that the Snider program has set over the past four decades, this team could sneak in an SAC title and a possible run to semi-state.

Tier 2

4) I think Homestead will have a pretty good team this year. Like I said in an earlier thread, they were my pick to represent 6A North this year before their quarterback decided to focus on basketball instead of football (a D1 talent in both sports). That being said, the Spartans drop to #4. Still enough talent to be dangerous, but I think the SAC is a three team race.

5) Concordia will have another solid year. They have to enough returning in my opinion to close the gap between them and Chatard in this year's semi-state. I don't see them taking the SAC, but they can beat any of the top 4 on any given night. Don't sleep on the Cadets, because if you do, you'll be ringing up a loss...............that includes you Chatard.  

Tier 3

6) Northop seems to improve just a little bit each year. If that continues, I look for them to place somewhere between 4-6. This year, there is no shame in placing 6th in the SAC. And with all the talent roaming the Northrop halls, it won't surprise me WHEN they finally have a breakout year. Their coaching staff is solid. 

7) I almost forgot about the Redskins of North Side. That's OK though, because as dangerous as they may be, I think the six I have ahead of them will be more dangerous. They have a D1 quarterback prospect to lead the way, but it remains to be seen if they have a supporting cast to compete with the upper echelon.

8 -  The Luers contingent will have my head for this, but I still don't see them as the program they once were. And I just happen to like Concordia, Northrop, and North Side this year. So I have no qualms with placing them at #8. I hope they prove me wrong though. I'd love nothing more than to see them back to a prominent level. 

9) Enter coach Sherwood Haydock. He's proves his worth with a state championship at Harding and a state championship appearance at Woodlan. He compares Wayne to Harding, only 3 times larger. If he's right, there will be a new kid on the block in the SAC. Actually, I'd be surprised to see them finish 9 in a 10 team conference. But I don't know how I can place a team that was 0-9 last year in the SAC any higher considering the depth of the conference. 

Bottom

10) With marquee names like Lattimore and Norfleet suiting up in green, do the South Side Archers have something in store for the rest of the conference? Remains to be seen. Good luck to them. 

I remember last year everyone picked Luers dead last in basketball and they ended up conference champs. Will lightning strike twice? NO! but just judging by the scrimmage they will be much better than last year, but so could everyone else.

11 hours ago, jakone said:

I remember last year everyone picked Luers dead last in basketball and they ended up conference champs. Will lightning strike twice? NO! but just judging by the scrimmage they will be much better than last year, but so could everyone else.

I think football is bit more predictable than basketball, JMO. 

11 hours ago, jakone said:

I agree with SAC Insider. The SAC is very balanced from 1-4 and from 5-9. I see Luers somewhere between 5-8. 

On 8/12/2020 at 3:30 PM, BTF said:

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Bottom

The legends of northside may be a sleeper..heard their new dc(ex Luers guy) has some crazy schemes n may give snider fits in game 1 of the season. That being said I do think snider has the capability of running the table if they fire on all cylinders..weapons all over the field..young guns..old guns..they all do damage.. dwenger usually have their playmakers on d, curious if their offense will still give u 3 to 5 yds/play or open it up a little..at wayne..haydock will get the speed eventually..wonder if he has the hogs..homestead won't lose many games..maybe 2 ..if that..losing goode not only hurts physically..mentally he had the juice..chargers bring back decker who has winning in his genes n Dinan has made that program a legit matchup nightmare every friday..still wish he n tippy could have stuck together..ive seen kids grow up in the Luers feeder programs..they're getting bigger..2a may not be able to handle them in a year or two..heck this year even..archers..eh..maybe next year..cadets n Bruins share a coaching tree now..both could/should be above. 500..both have athletes..every now n then we get a team that shakes up the conference..this could be the year. 

Panthers

Saints

Sparty

Legends

Chargers

Bruins 

Cadets

Generals

Knights 

Archers

Edited by Justasportsfan
Grammatical error

19 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

The legends of northside may be a sleeper..heard their new dc(ex Luers guy) has some crazy schemes n may give snider fits in game 1 of the season. That being said I do think snider has the capability of running the table if they fire on all cylinders..weapons all over the field..young guns..old guns..they all do damage.. dwenger usually have their playmakers on d, curious if their offense will still give u 3 to 5 yds/play or open it up a little..at wayne..haydock will get the speed eventually..wonder if he has the hogs..homestead won't lose many games..maybe 2 ..if that..losing goode not only hurts physically..mentally he had the juice..chargers bring back decker who has winning in his genes n Dinan has made that program a legit matchup nightmare every friday..still wish he n tippy could have stuck together..ive seen kids grow up in the Luers feeder programs..they're getting bigger..2a may not be able to handle them in a year or two..heck this year even..archers..eh..maybe next year..cadets n Bruins share a coaching tree now..both could/should be above. 500..both have athletes..every now n then we get a team that shakes up the conference..this could be the year. 

Panthers

Saints

Sparty

Legends

Chargers

Bruins 

Cadets

Generals

Knights 

Archers

Becker..not decker..

18 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Panthers

Saints

Sparty

Legends

Chargers

Bruins 

Cadets

Generals

Knights 

Archers

I know it was just a scrimmage but Luers looked very good against the Legends.

38 minutes ago, jakone said:

I know it was just a scrimmage but Luers looked very good against the Legends.

You never know with Luers. They had a down year last year, but they are just two seasons removed from running the table on Homestead and Carroll. No state championships in awhile, but they haven't exactly fell off the map. Here's to wishing them a good season. The SAC isn't the same when they aren't competing with the top. 

34 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

How was the qb for the legends? Heard he is D1 caliber? Their jr n sr class have spent time on varsity..figured the potential has to be there..Luers returning any heavy hitters?

3- Star with offers from several mid-majors. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BTF said:

3- Star with offers from several mid-majors. 

Knew he would be good when I seen him as soph..met his dad few yrs ago..excellent guy n humble as all get out..i see him doing good this year..snider (week 1) n the rest of the sac better be ready..speaking of the sac (thread topic ik) who do u think will have the top signal callers this year? Carroll has a good one..luers have another knapke(sp)??

10 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

This is the best Dwenger team in the last 4 years. 

And I here Valpo may be better than last year. Just Dwenger's luck. Maybe Valpo will come to the Fort this year. 

5 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Knew he would be good when I seen him as soph..met his dad few yrs ago..excellent guy n humble as all get out..i see him doing good this year..snider (week 1) n the rest of the sac better be ready..speaking of the sac (thread topic ik) who do u think will have the top signal callers this year? Carroll has a good one..luers have another knapke(sp)??

Right now I would say Duce Taylor and Jeff Becker. 

On 8/17/2020 at 8:05 PM, Gridiron_Junkie said:

So I noticed that the player who was possibly scheduled to be Luers #1 wide receiver (senior athlete) has tranfered. I trying to think, but I believe that this is now the 5th possibly 6th strait year that the scheduled #1 senior to be reciever has transferred to play somewhere else.

Where did he transfer too?

23 hours ago, BTF said:

And I here Valpo may be better than last year. Just Dwenger's luck. Maybe Valpo will come to the Fort this year. 

What does that matter for the SAC? Not worried about Valpo just yet. Just want to make it 9 games.

29 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

No love for Brenden Lytle?

I think the SAC has several good quarterbacks, Lytle being one of them. But Taylor and Becker are the best..........for now. Still have to prove themselves on the football field. 

35 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

What does that matter for the SAC? Not worried about Valpo just yet. Just want to make it 9 games.

One game at a time.............bla, bla, bla. Dwenger vs Valpo is inevitable. I already stated my thoughts regarding where Dwenger fits in the SAC. 

25 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think the SAC has several good quarterbacks, Lytle being one of them. But Taylor and Becker are the best..........for now. Still have to prove themselves on the football field. 

Becker for sure, Taylor has not done much IMO, based on last year. See if he can lead a marginally good North Side team to respectable year.